Post Your XC Machine

rone

Eats Squid
KHS Solo One (very) SE

American Classic SS 29er wheelset, Hayes El Camino's, Thomson Elite post and stem, white Orbit MX, EA70 mid rise, Izumi chain and 33 x 16 gearing. Keeps you fit, that's for sure...

Attachments

aaron01

Likes Bikes and Dirt
American Classic SS 29er wheelset, Hayes El Camino's, Thomson Elite post and stem, white Orbit MX, EA70 mid rise, Izumi chain and 33 x 16 gearing. Keeps you fit, that's for sure...
How do you find the bike, I bought the solo one after reading reports regarding rear seat stay/chain stay flex/cracking.

Hugor

Likes Dirt
Really nice bike...I'm serious.
Not really the right thread and kind of takes the piss a bit.
I would love to ride it around town with a goofy skate helmut.

kiwijohn

Likes Dirt
I tend to take the piss a lot when racing :D I usually race something more "suitable", DBR Axis TT

The Glide is my all time fave bike, but alas, it is still in NZ & I'm in Hobart.

DaGonz

Eats Squid
I tend to take the piss a lot when racing :D I usually race something more "suitable", DBR Axis TT

The Glide is my all time fave bike, but alas, it is still in NZ & I'm in Hobart.
There's a nice mix of old and new if there ever was one. Nice Ringle bottle cage too!

KALBO

Likes Bikes
well, here's my pride and joy at the moment. Speshy Stumpy comp. Been riding her out at Stromlo most of the time during the first few weeks of owning her. I luurrrvvve eeeet:). A few minor upgrades coming up and she'll be a lot sweeter:)

Hey, how do you guy/gals make the photo appear large and not a thumbnail?

Attachments

Last edited:

Ackland

chats d'élevage
She's pretty!
I'm more a hardtail man though.....
And I'm also not a huge fan of the new curvy frame trend.... especially on Norco DH machines....... anyway..

What are you planning on upgrading? The spec looks pretty solid

kiwijohn

Likes Dirt
Host your pics at tinypic.com, it even resizes them if you want, then copy/paste the img tags it gives you. Sorted.
The photo of my DBR has been on MTBR for nearly 2 years, I just right clicked, copy image address & here it is.

KALBO

Likes Bikes
hey Ackland.. thanks mate! Just planning to upgrade the saddle, seatpost, bar and maybe the stem to some S-works carbon stuff and that's it... maybe some kevlar brake pads later on.. this will shave a few hundred grams at least. OTher than that... I'm quite happy with the whole setup.

Kiwijohn.. thanks mate! will try that for sure. CHeers!

sasfish

Likes Dirt
my titus

This is the new build up. I will update as rig comes together over the next week.
Titus racer x ( black) med
Here is the spec list so far:

Frame titus racer xRear Shock
fox rp23

fork
magura Durin race 2009 (not in recall)

Headset
1 1/8" Threadless, chris king

Stem
thomson, 31.8 clamp, 110mm

Handlebars
wheeler carbon

Grips
Odi

Front Brake
xtr 160mm rotor

Rear Brake
xtr 160mm rotor

xtr
Rear Derailleur
xtr shadow long cage carbon

front derailer
xtr

Shift Lever
xtr

Cassette / Freewheel
SRAM PG-990 red

Chain
hollow pin ti

Crankset
xtr, 175mm

Chainrings
oval rotor rings

Bottom Bracket
rotor BB,

Pedals
egg beaters candy c

Rims
stans ztr 355 (Rear) ztr stans 355

Front Hub
hope pro 2

Rear Hub
hope pro 2

Front Tyre
kenda tomak

Rear Tyre
crossmax

seatpost
carbon

Saddle
fizik ti carbon

bolts
full ti kit

12.3 kgs

this is the old rig: FOR SALE FRAME ONLY with xtr front derailer,thomson post,fox rp23 $450

Last edited:

stu125

Likes Bikes
Hi all
This is my baby I paid $600 about 12 months ago & havnt looked back.
I broke the steerer tube a month or so ago but now she has a new set of Reba Race fitted.
Shes loaded on the car for a trip out to Stromlo this arvo.
Its a 2005 Kona Kikapu Delux weighs about 14kg bit on the heavy side but still 5 kg lighter than my old hardtail.
1 day I will upgrade her for a flash new bike but I still come back from each ride with a huge smile.

Stu

Attachments