Torquay bike park sneak peak!!!!!

Rob rides

Likes Dirt
Hey RBers.
This weekend I went to a mates house in Torquay.
We went to Anglesea bike park and were going to go to Torquay bike park and check it out but it turns out they've closed it again! we were very disappointed so I decided, I may as well make the long walk here worth it and snuck in through the fence and took some pics.
Hope you enjoy.
1. is the starting mounds
2. The smallest set (better for pumping or 3 Y.O.s)
3. The second smallest set (each jump has 2 lips)
4. View from the start of the biggest.
5.-7. What the biggest set looks like from the side.
8. Every set (view from start mounds).
9. This is an extra picture of a big hip/normal jump they're building(Looks mad with 3 lips). I think they may build a set after it.
10. This final picture is a picture of the jump in picture 9 but a view from the start mounds.

Attachments

Last edited:

Rob rides

Likes Dirt
where actually is it? might go check it out one arvo.
It's across the river from the footy ground and up about a kilometer. It's in the first housing estate after the massive round about which points in the Jan Juc direstion. I didn't get there by car I walked there and I live in geelong so I hope this helped but I'm no pro with the directions.

Last edited:

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can't wait to head down there. The council had planned the open day. Only to plant trees because the jumps needed more time to bed in.

Shredden

Knows his goats
If anyone is going to be down there whenever, just PM me as in live in Jan Juc (5 min ride away), and I can show you 'round the new jumps as well as some of the older gaps and stuff.

Shredden

Knows his goats
9. This is an extra picture of a big hip/normal jump they're building(Looks mad with 3 lips). I think they may build a set after it.
They're leaving it as is, World Trail has done they're thing and closed off the jumps, now the council is just doing some landscaping.

Oh yeah, I was talking to the council person behind it, and he said 2-3 more weeks for them to bed in....

Rob rides

Likes Dirt
If anyone is going to be down there whenever, just PM me as in live in Jan Juc (5 min ride away), and I can show you 'round the new jumps as well as some of the older gaps and stuff.
Do you meen new jumps as in the bike park? also what else do you mean. I'm down there a fair bit with a mate and if theres anything worth bringing a dually then I'll bring my dually instead of bmx

fastrider gus

super huck
when is the proppa one being built?
we snuck thru the fence and rode them, its like if waurn ponds and splash down had a red-knob baby...

Last edited:

jazza_wil

Likes Dirt
when is the proppa one being built?
we snuck thru the fence and rode them, its like if waurn ponds and splash down had a red-knob baby...
haha. maybe if they built proper djs theyed just turn into rubbish dumps and bong smoking hang outs just like all the other djs ever built in the geelong area.

Tomshak

Likes Dirt
haha. maybe if they built proper djs theyed just turn into rubbish dumps and bong smoking hang outs just like all the other djs ever built in the geelong area.
Geelong isn't scum, the only places that would have something like that happen to them is Norlane and Corio.
It would have been good if they built proper dj's though...

NASHWORTH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Geelong isn't scum, the only places that would have something like that happen to them is Norlane and Corio.
It would have been good if they built proper dj's though...
Haha, you have much to learn. Do you ride at fyansford at all?

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The council needs to hurry up and build a mtbing park on cementies hill or a 4x track where the gaps are in fyansford......

Mitch_freeride

Likes Dirt
I will be there around Christmas time (from Gold Coast), hope they are still going strong cause our public council jumps erode allot in like a month. Do they hold Jams or comps at Angelsea or planning for this place?

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I will be there around Christmas time (from Gold Coast), hope they are still going strong cause our public council jumps erode allot in like a month. Do they hold Jams or comps at Angelsea or planning for this place?
In summer on Wednesday nights they have chainless 4x races at Angelsea. They hold Ride days with dirt jumping as well sometimes there. Haven't heard anything about Torquay yet.