Ride to Work Day - This Wednesday

Turner_rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ride to Work Day is on again this Wednesday with free breakfasts etc all over the place depending on where you are and where you are riding to/from etc.

If you don't normally ride to work(or school for those kiddies out there) is there better day to start?

So who's planning on riding and how far are you going to ride? Will you take a detour to gain a free breakfast or to burn it off??

Me I've been roped into riding with a few first timers which could be a test of my ability to ride stupidly slow - but if it gets more people to ride more often it can only be a good thing. :)

trt-reece

Likes Dirt
Riding to uni as per every day. Only 4km, so it's over before it starts.
Didn't know there was free breakfast though, I may have to look into that!

niftydog

Likes Dirt
I'm flexing Wednesday, but I'll probably STILL ride in for the pancakes! How's that for commitment!? 22km round trip for a couple of pancakes!

powley

Clever... and hetrosexual!
I will ride 250meters up the street from home to school and get a free bacon and egg sandwich for it!

trt-reece

Likes Dirt
That was so poor... get out. :mad:

Jokes, but seriously, such an old joke. :D
Someone had to make the bad old jokes, I figured it should be me.

Back on topic. Hopefully the rain around here lets up by wednesday, because I don't think it will help convince the masses to get on their bikes..

who...?

Likes Dirt
Hmm i dont think i will be riding as its about 37km to work and then 37 back and i would have to leave at about 5 in the morning.

LordNikon

Uber Geek
Hmm i dont think i will be riding as its about 37km to work and then 37 back and i would have to leave at about 5 in the morning.
I don't see your point, I'll be doing 35 k's, each way... fixed. :p

Although... I don't have a 'work place' this year as such (I'm kind of unemployed until my new job starts) so I think I'll just ride to the city for the free breakfast and ride home again.

Christo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pussy, 42km each way, 80% off road on my SS monstercross beastie. I'll be leaving at 5:30am.

Poor weather forecast for Melbourne though, numbers will be way down.

Oh well, I'll get nice & muddy then grab a hot breaky at work.

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I will be doing about 15ks each way, but i ride all the time....
Agree the weather may keep numbers down this year....

sruge

Likes Dirt
Hmmm - may have to go looking for a detour to make it worthwhile (as well as finding the free brekkie). Normally, if the road's clear and I get the right hander at the bottom of the hill just right, I don't have to put in a single pedal-stoke between my driveway and the front door of the office - by which time I'm still doing over 30 - on my cross country bike!

thelankyman

Likes Dirt
I will be geeking it up as a "cycle Angle' So if any anyone wants to say hi, I will be camped out at the Yarra Trail in Burnley near MacRobertson Bridge.

Pfft Ride to work day. I do that everyday. Better now it is only 12km each way compared to 20km.

I like the Monstercross bike. Was thinking of doing something similar though will have gears. Mtb with Drops just makes sense, though I would put some crosstop brakes on!

gnarly_rider

Likes Dirt
I will be geeking it up as a "cycle Angle' So if any anyone wants to say hi, I will be camped out at the Yarra Trail in Burnley near MacRobertson Bridge.
Strangely enough, a friend and I will be doing exactly the same thing perhaps 300m to your west Lanky, on the YArra path next to the SouthEastern entry ramp westbound . See you then!

Christo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I like the Monstercross bike. Was thinking of doing something similar though will have gears. Mtb with Drops just makes sense, though I would put some crosstop brakes on!
Yeah I had some sweet carbon cross levers but can't find them...

See you on the trail.