4WDriving

GUGIE

Likes Bikes
Heyy bud yer 4wd the way to go and murphies creek realy nise little spot just to do shit and toyota hilux bud way to go.:p

aidz44

Likes Dirt
Heyy bud yer 4wd the way to go and murphies creek realy nise little spot just to do shit and toyota hilux bud way to go.:p
i would really like someone to be able to say that entire sentence coherently and without pauses because really it took me about three goes at reading it to actually take anything in *big deep breath*

atomlab66

Likes Bikes
if you were after a 4WD spot, you might do better on a 4WD forum maybe?

google earth could be a good tool as well.

i have only been out 4WD-ing once. I love the look of the nissan patrol, but only when they have been done up a little bit. ;)

gippsland

there is some really great spots in gippsland. i live in bairnsdale and me and my bro and the go out fairly regularly. He's drives a GQ patrol runnign 33' mickey t claws and about 4 inches lift? its a nice bus =)
pre much anywhere north of here up in the hills is great =D

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Hey mate, there is a bit of a discussion already happening here in Off Topic on 4WD's and 4WDing. Post there in the future and keep the discussion going.

Shady_1

Likes Bikes
i live in singleton and me and my dad go out to ravensworth when its wet. it gets realy nice and muddy. he has a mazda bt50 and i got a nissan patroll. they go hard, mines better. So go out ravensworth way and hit up the 4x4 track when its wet, yall get a shit load of fun there

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry for the hi-jack (- if this is appropriate else ware please tell me and i will remove it.)
I have acquired a 1992 landrover defender, the car is completely stock (including the shocks) accept for new tyers.
Now my question is do you think that the landie is capable as it is to use for 'light' 4x4ing?
thanks in advance.

nrthrnben

Likes Dirt
Now my question is do you think that the landie is capable as it is to use for 'light' 4x4ing?
thanks in advance.
Certainly,they are one of the few 4x4s you can drive straight out of the dealer and onto a hardcore 4x4 track.
Long travel coils all around, great clearance,built fairly strong and tons of room inside.

If anything, for "light 4x4ing" i would suggest a set of slightly larger all terrains, a 2 inch susp lift and a rear locker (just in case)

Have fun

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Certainly,they are one of the few 4x4s you can drive straight out of the dealer and onto a hardcore 4x4 track.
Long travel coils all around, great clearance,built fairly strong and tons of room inside.

If anything, for "light 4x4ing" i would suggest a set of slightly larger all terrains, a 2 inch susp lift and a rear locker (just in case)

Have fun
thanks mate I will look into it.....

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Last edited:

Have fun
yeah +1 for that, apart from the locker. seriously if you need a rear locker for light 4WDing, i think you need to re-acess your idea of light!
dont they come stock with an LSD anyway? or am i just dreaming on that one.
cause if it does, thats all you need untill you get fairly serious. my brother in his patrol, with only an lsd in the rear will get anywhere that our 2 mates that have front and rear lockers go. well so far anyway. i mean we havent found a hill thats stopped us, that hasnt stoppen them aswell!