Underage Drinking....

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Just out of interest, how long did it take for people (Who went through it) to get over the underage/drunktard stage?
Can depend on a few things, when I first started drinking i used to just throw down* the alcohol, but after projectile vomiting (about 3 metres) infront of a few mates and their girlfriends i haven't drunk anywhere near as much or as fast as I used to. Not sure whether it's a choice or not but I just can't drink as fast as I used to, however its been about a year since then and I'm starting to get back into it since i just turned 18 about a month ago and carlton on tap tastes soooooooo good...

Last edited:

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Can depend on a few things, when I first started drinking i used to just throw the alcohol, but after projectile vomiting (about 3 metres) infront of a few mates and their girlfriends i haven't drunk anywhere near as much or as fast as I used to. Not sure whether it's a choice or not but I just can't drink as fast as I used to, however its been about a year since then and I'm starting to get back into it since i just turned 18 about a month ago and carlton on tap tastes soooooooo good...
Highlighted in bold are some examples of why humanity is doomed.

dom101

Likes Dirt
really, none of those who do it, do it solely with the intention to imitate the 20+ people just to get 'that image'.

i usually go out friday and saturday night every week. but its the thinking you do before you start that keeps ya out of trouble. me and mates usually (if there's no party) just go to this park near to everone(walking distance), if we keep it down then there's no trouble.

i wouldnt crack open the booze if i didnt have a plan what to do if the cops rocked up, thats where people find themself in shit.

last week my mates were waiting for a cab with a bottle in thier possession (theyre 16) and this paddywagon rolls up, usually they just ask what were upto... tip out the grog occasionally. but this fucker must have been a tad pissed off, both got landed with a $180 fine to be payed in 2 weeks. so yeah i'm personally a bit paranoid, i just ditch the bag(with grog in it) everytime i see headlights coming, has been a save a couple of times.

but really youv gotta make the decision for your friends(girls probably) like, if my friends and i are going to a party of whom we know nothing about, i usually dont drink because i know the kind of cunts who like theyre girls'N'drunk. so im usually keeping them out of trouble and out of reach of said cunts.

i mean, like most teenagers i hate cops, about 80% of the time but some drunk fights and shit are crazy its heaven seeing the flashing lights coming round the bend.
most of the time you'll find that the sober person will have the worst time out of everyone, running around picking up clothes, carrying half naked chicks up hills and keeping them away from above cunts whilst trying to get home by 3, having to fork out $50 a night on cabs for them and then getting a drunk 'fuck off im fine' from your girl friend after 4 hours of trudging around in the rain and mud. not as fun as it seems.

i think the most effective way to manage it is just know your limit and its obvious to yourself when your sober,getting-there or drunkkjghknk.

i was doing that the other night with a friend, i watched every drink she had all night and what they were and now we know pretty much exactly how much it takes for her and its a pretty usefull thing to know.

holy shit big rant eh.

oh well,
-drink if you want
-dont drink if you dont want
-it doesnt make you COOL, it makes you DRUNK. but who gives, thats why it costs $50 a bottle ayy
-look after your mates,
-take shitty myspace pictures,
-DONT smoke(disgusting),
-steal street signs,
-cops names are 'sir','maam' when theyre RIGHT there and whatever when theyre not,
-get home before the sun does.
have fun fuck it really isnt that much to have this much fun before you get old and boring.

cheeers, xo

Last edited:

-|Sean|-

Likes Dirt
i was doing that the other night with a friend, i watched every drink she had all night and what they were and now we know pretty much exactly how much it takes for her and its a pretty usefull thing to know.
Many variables will determine someone's alcohol tolerance. It won't always be the same.

dom101

Likes Dirt
Many variables will determine someone's alcohol tolerance. It won't always be the same.
yeah i was thinking about that while i wrote it, but like i usually ask how much people have eaten in the day and stuff, and alcho+smokes,panadole,no-doze and all that jazz usually results in a different outcome so yeah there are variables but as an estimate i think it works.

Arete

Likes Dirt
but as an estimate i think it works.
You think wrong.

The level of effect alcohol will have on you is dependent on your stress level, hydration level, tiredness, the way it's delivered, the rate at which it's delivered, what other things are in your system, what you've eaten....

Sometimes I won't be feeling particularly drunk after 5 beers, sometimes I'll be starting to slur on my third. The only realistic way to not overdo it is to simply take it steady.

Sorry.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Alcohol is n't the best thing for any person really, does n't matter how old or big they are, it's not the best thing to be having. I think a lot of people my age and slightly older just need to consider about drinking in moderation. Take it easy, don't over drink, you are n't an adult. Most people are n't fully developed until 21, so you just need to take it easy I suppose.

dom101

Likes Dirt
You think wrong.

The level of effect alcohol will have on you is dependent on your stress level, hydration level, tiredness, the way it's delivered, the rate at which it's delivered, what other things are in your system, what you've eaten....

Sometimes I won't be feeling particularly drunk after 5 beers, sometimes I'll be starting to slur on my third. The only realistic way to not overdo it is to simply take it steady.

Sorry.
righto well i'v been drinking with her for 2 years and i'm pretty sure as an ESTIMATE it works, it's not a precise science jeez.

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Alcohol is n't the best thing for any person really, does n't matter how old or big they are, it's not the best thing to be having.
I think a lot of people my age and slightly older just need to consider about drinking in moderation.
Take it easy, don't over drink, you are n't an adult, most people are n't fully developed until 21, so you just need to take it easy I suppose.
Wait WTF.

Why have you put spaces between your 'aren't' and 'isn't' etc etc?

Richo 18

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Alcohol is n't the best thing for any person really, does n't matter how old or big they are, it's not the best thing to be having. I think a lot of people my age and slightly older just need to consider about drinking in moderation. Take it easy, don't over drink, you are n't an adult. Most people are n't fully developed until 21, so you just need to take it easy I suppose.
:rolleyes:

Wait WTF.

Why have you put spaces between your 'aren't' and 'isn't' etc etc?
I was also thinking this.

Last edited:
Holy fuck. Did you write like that on purpose?, or have you being binge drinking since you were 10?
guess thats why you shouldn't binge drink like there's no tomorrow.

Arete

Likes Dirt
righto well i'v been drinking with her for 2 years and i'm pretty sure as an ESTIMATE it works, it's not a precise science jeez.
What I'm trying to say is it's not even an estimate. Dependent on a multitude of conditions, you might be able to smash 3/4 of a case one day and be semi functional, but be spewing after a 6 pack on another.

And that IS based on science (and I am a scientist). There's no baseline estimate for alcohol tolerance. Some individuals have a higher general level of tolerance than others but there's absolutely no way to say that person x can drink 6 drinks before they're drunk. It'll be different every time, and sometimes drastically different.

Better advice would be to check on the rate of your friends drinking. If you're hitting shots, 15 minutes can seem like ages since your last shot and you can end up horribly drunk horribly fast.... the number of nights that get hazy after someone's said "hey, wanna do some shots?"... ergh.

Last edited:

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Highlighted in bold are some examples of why humanity is doomed.
You only just realized we're doomed? Definitely a regretful event but these things happen, as I said it has wised me up and slowed my attempts at bingeing(sp?). And I don't see what's wrong with enjoying the taste of Carlton? Unless i misunderstood your post...

nomajneb

Likes Bikes
As was I. I guess he can't be bothered using a ' and used a space instead? :eek::rolleyes:
I don't know why, but that gets to me as well...

And he wasn't just putting the space in and leaving the ' out, he's writing it like this.. "are n't"
Maybe it's just a typo?