Freeride Bike Listing

deniall

Likes Dirt
Since i'm a huge fan of freeriding and freeride bikes I thought it would be cool to get a list together of all the current freeride specific bikes available. This thread can be used as a reference for those looking for a freeride specific frame/bike and also a chance to have a perve on some of the awesome bikes we have access to. If anyone knows of any more that aren't listed please post them up but bear in mind this thread is for freeride bikes only.

Lapierre Froggy 318

Lapierre Froggy 518

Lapierre Froggy 718

Specialized SX Trail I

Specialized SX Trail II

Transition DirtBag

Mondraker Plunder

Mondraker Plunder R

Morewood Kalula

Giant Faith

Cove STD

deniall

Likes Dirt
Norco Shore One

Norco Shore Two

Norco Shore Three

Kona Stinky Deluxe

Kona Stinky

Last edited:

mtbmakesmehard

Likes Dirt
You realize that your just going to have to update this every year? Kind of pointless really.
not really i dont think,
if people keep posting on the thread it'll eventually get bumped around til next year when the next lot of bikes come through wouldn't it?

driftking

Wheel size expert
Even if it does keep getting bumped up each year, people are going to comment on it and its going to be too hard to find the names and pictures of the bikes. No one wants to search through 100 pages to find 3 pages of the latest freeride bikes.

Last edited:

deniall

Likes Dirt
So ... what's the point of this thread ..?
Well, there are a million and one threads titled "which freeride bike should I get?" so I thought if a thread like this existed people could have a look and see what they like before posting a new thread. This thread can be used to see what's out there and also talk about what frames people like and what people ride.

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well, there are a million and one threads titled "which freeride bike should I get?" so I thought if a thread like this existed people could have a look and see what they like before posting a new thread. This thread can be used to see what's out there and also talk about what frames people like and what people ride.
People will still make threads. They want ride reports too, and unless you can give a ride report on each bike, i predicts this thread will fail.

I think the Freeride section of the website would benefit from more of a thread similar to "The Fixie thread", where people can ask for others opinions on products, and what riding they've been doing, like the BMX's "what part should i get? thread" and "riding thread" combined. This sort of thread would also IMO give the Freeride section more of a "community" feel amongst it.

Edity edit: Upon looking at recent threads in this section of the website, they aren't that many threads asking what bike people should get, compared to other sections of the site. They seem to be more "where's some good freeride spots near ...".

My 2 cents.

Last edited:

muvro

Likes Dirt
People will still make threads. They want ride reports too, and unless you can give a ride report on each bike, i predicts this thread will fail.

I think the Freeride section of the website would benefit from more of a thread similar to "The Fixie thread", where people can ask for others opinions on products, and what riding they've been doing, like the BMX's "what part should i get? thread" and "riding thread" combined. This sort of thread would also IMO give the Freeride section more of a "community" feel amongst it.

Edity edit: Upon looking at recent threads in this section of the website, they aren't that many threads asking what bike people should get, compared to other sections of the site. They seem to be more "where's some good freeride spots near ...".

My 2 cents.
I agree with you, problem is. Even if the question is asked in this section, barely anyone is willing to help out and post up advice. (I put up a thread asking about certain frames, I think I got one responce...)

So kind of pointless unless people are going to chip in with advice...

muvro

Likes Dirt
i see a bit of a trend here.
just TRY to help out the thread, if your only going to bag it out OF COURSE ITS GOING TO DIE :mad:

specialized 2110 bighit

I think you're getting the wrong impression from what I was eluding to.

I'd help out if I knew what I was talking about. I'm just getting into some mild freeride stuff, small drops, roll-ins etc (gotta start somewhere).

Hence my previous post, essntially asking people to chip in and help those of us (like me) that know F*%^ all about this sort of riding, but are keen as to improve thier skills and get the right advice and the right bike for the job.

I myself bought a second hand '08 Norco 6 frame second hand, will be transfering my Marz 66SL air forks onto it, with a DHX5 coil shock. But since they don't sell the Norco 6 anymore (they seem to have dropped the 6 and the shore is it) I can't really comment on anything.

So sorry if I offended, but I'm hoping that some of the more experienced freeriders chime in and helpout these types of threads, so n00bs like myself can get a headstart.

Tark ;)

aidz44

Likes Dirt
muvro, i wasn't taking a swing at you.
the reason i quoted YOU, was that you where making perfect sense
I too am fairly new to the sport (about 18 months) and many of the MTBing community seems stuck in their ways. there are some who WILL go out of their way to help (which is BRILLIANT), however these unbiased people are few and far between.
hence why

barely anyone is willing to help out and post up advice.
So kind of pointless unless people are going to chip in with advice...
most of this could have been put on a different thread, yes ... ... ... i know

mitchy-b

Likes Dirt
any one heard any reports on what them scott voltage fr bikes are like? im keen on getting one just looking for any opinions?
cheers mb

im not sure about this but is a 2006 Iron Horse Yakuza Kumicho able to be used in free ride? Or does it not have the suspension?

driftking

Wheel size expert
im not sure about this but is a 2006 Iron Horse Yakuza Kumicho able to be used in free ride? Or does it not have the suspension?
dh bikes will handle free ride although the suspension might not be purely desinged for it, you shouldnt have any troubles, the main difference is with frame angles when it comes to a fr vs dh bike.
freeriding with dh forks will be ohk as long as ur not hucking off 20ft cliffs with a dh set up

r.ayres1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I,m lovin this thread;i haven,t seen some of these bikes before.So if i see somethin i like,i can research it.Thanks Deniall.Cheers rick..:D:)