Video makers 'post here'

adman

Likes Dirt
Just had a thought. Since if I got an Fx1 I would have two cameras (Pd150, Fx1), would I be able to merge footage from the two cameras without it being too noticable?

My example is I film the race runs on the track with the Fx1, getting high quality fast moving footage, and the Pd150 just looks straight up the track and captures a basic shot of the finish line.

With a bit of colour tweaking, could a smooth, slow shot on a Pd150 be put in the same movie as FX1 footage?

Otherwise I'll probably sell the Pd150.

And yeah, I'm confident I'll buy an Fx1. HOPEFULLY before the Hobart nationals.

Kane.

Likes Dirt
A really old video I never got around to uploading..
The video is not about the editing its about just all the stuff I did in Canberra also the filming is fair goon.

Also the ratio is out of whack, so don't mind that.

http://vimeo.com/7449075

Last edited:

adman

Likes Dirt
First or second hand adam? and where from?

I reckon ditch the PD150, SD is dead, and is never coming back.
The Fx1? From here. They seem relitively good and it's in PAL. Plus if I have any warranty issues, I don't have to send it back to the US for fixing.

I'll keep the Pd150 anyway - cause NOBODY is going near the fx1. Since I'm often racing I lend my camera to my brother for the day to film it, but I'm not sure I'll be doing that with the new one. ;)

Oh yeah, first hand.

Kane : Sweet vid... well... yours are always f**king good! :mad:

Mitch_freeride

Likes Dirt
noice vid kane.
Any progress updates on showcase?
Hehehe, I have seen bits of showcase. hehehe...
Awesome 'old video' Kane, always wanted to see the Tomac stuff you did and you filmed awesome at Stromlo, you should probably go there for nats. Everyone bug Kane to go film all of nats.
hahaha

Maurice.

Banned
To all those concerned/wondering about choosing the right camcorder for them, and want to know all the types of formats, and jarggen, and really want to get in depth with the 'Camcorder';

http://www.santimmedia.com/choosing-camcorders.php

Then check out my website, I have entered in a page with
  • glossary
  • what to look for
  • My suggested Camcorders for the Consumer - Professional including all spec for each specified camcorder.

Thank me later;)

adman

Likes Dirt
Good work Maurice!

You might want to mention in your glossary rolling and global shutters, and how that can influence shots. It is, after all, the primary reason for my choice of the Fx1 over the Fx1000.

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
To all those concerned/wondering about choosing the right camcorder for them, and want to know all the types of formats, and jarggen, and really want to get in depth with the 'Camcorder';

http://www.santimmedia.com/choosing-camcorders.php

Then check out my website, I have entered in a page with
  • glossary
  • what to look for
  • My suggested Camcorders for the Consumer - Professional including all spec for each specified camcorder.

Thank me later;)
Might need to warn people it's USD prices.... otherwise I am an idiot.... even on ebay a Canon HV40 is still 1300-1500 or so AUD. Some shops in australia are even selling it between 1500-1700. Anyway...otherwise good job, nice easy quick reference page. cheers.

tate

Squid
I was going back to edit that post to add more supporting information, shall just post it here:

Here's the difference, I knew what I was talking about, aswell as giving advice from firsthand experience and information passed on from others.
If you aren't a filmer, of course you won't understand it, let myself and the rest of the regulars in this thread converse as we do, if you need assistance with any technical terms myself or any one else who knows the answer is capable of replying to the best of their ability.
That also should not be taken as talking myself up either.

How do you explain this then:

When in fact I have a small assortment of videos right here:
http://vimeo.com/channels/pulsatingproductions#7057981
Downhill Domination, Do most of the new film makers a favor and stop leading them in the wrong direction. The only good advice is from a "successful" Filmer That knows the tricks of the trade.

Maybe have some work we can observe that people can take note of. That relate to your advice. Until then, Your advice is rather pointless as other members seem to be doubtful of your tips.

Kembla Downhill, Congrats on your latest peice of work, Good stuff and keep it up.

Maurice.

Banned
Cheers mate:)

I assume you are from the Shellharbour region with the '2528' in your location.
Have you got any films up, or are you jsut starting out?

Either way, i look forward to seeing more of you.