Danny Green vs Roy Jones Jr..., Next Pacqiao vs Maywether

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Who's everyone putting their money on? As much as I like Danny, I can't see him winning.

Also can any one post the broadcast time for Queensland?

Gigantor

Likes Bikes
danny green is a awsomre fighter, boxer. He said yesterday he wouldnt be able to beat roy on points it would have to be knock out. GREEN IS GOOD BUT ROY IS ON A MUCH HIGHER LEVER. S ounds like danny shagged the knock out punch in the first round by the last post,,,,Good on you danny.

nik_1974

Likes Dirt
danny green is a awsomre fighter, boxer. He said yesterday he wouldnt be able to beat roy on points it would have to be knock out. GREEN IS GOOD BUT ROY IS ON A MUCH HIGHER LEVER. S ounds like danny shagged the knock out punch in the first round by the last post,,,,Good on you danny.
Sorry it was TKO. Knocked him down with a hook to the temple then finished with a flurry of shots after the standing count. All over in under 2.5 minutes. Would have been pissed if I had paid for a ticket and the hassle of getting to olympic park LOL

BT180

Max Pfaff
As I just said inthe LTYH thread;

I hate...

Paying money for a pay per view fight and seeing Danny Green win in the 1st round! Although I'm patriotic and it's great to see Green win, damn it would've been good to see Roy Jones Jnr in action for more than half a round!

Belrose Bicycles

Belrose Bicycles
As I just said inthe LTYH thread;

I hate...

Paying money for a pay per view fight and seeing Danny Green win in the 1st round! Although I'm patriotic and it's great to see Green win, damn it would've been good to see Roy Jones Jnr in action for more than half a round!
x2 well done danny but would of liked more of a show.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Pacquiao V Maywether next.
This will decide the two best fighters on the planet as of now, jones jr. is six years past his prime, Green was made to look like superman, although he is a 1 dimensional fighter at best, mundine should get in and pole axe Green now, made him look stupid once and would do it again in a heartbeat!
Come back to the 80's when it was really a golden age of boxing, Duran vs Leonard 1, Hearns vs Hagler etc, not the rubbish we have these days!..Contrived fights between has beens!

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Roy Jones Jr just got f**king touched! (Anyone get that?)

Hmmm but yeah, it all seemed too easy, maybe RJJ threw the fight?

Knopey

Likes Dirt
If it was rigged or he threw the fight, no way would it have happened two and a half minutes in - it would have happened much later after there had been a "show".

spyderman_au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For all you on this thread that say it was thrown or rigged or Green should not have been able to do that, or that Jones went down from a soft puch....

Just take into consideration that anyone who steps into a ring is only ever one punch from losing.

All it takes is for the brain to be shaken hard enough inside the skull for it to start to shut down and protect itself. The punch does not have to be particularily hard it may have just been at the perfect angle for the fluid around the brain to not have enough shock absorbtion.... Goodnight Irene.

Anyway Danny has done the work to get there and thouroughly deserved the win.

End of rant!!!!!

Last edited:

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just read somewhere it was thrown... I in no way (other than my previously vague statement) support this.

I think Danny won fair and sqaure and all credit should go to him.

Derka Derka

Likes Dirt
Am I alone in thinking that punch couldn't have ended the fight? Rigged?!
Yes, the only way Roy Jones Jr loses rigged fights is when the Korean officials bribe the Judges and they forget that he has thrown 82 punches to his oponents 34...Bahaahaahahaaaaaa.

This was fair and square Greens moment of glory. I loved his after fight comments=classic.

Now that i am thinking that i aint old at all i am off to dirt jump!

mitchy-b

Likes Dirt
i like danny greens statement after the fight “On the back page of the paper it said danny green is not a steller fighter, shove it up your bottom u don’t know shit” – danny green

dr.matt

Likes Dirt
Tall poppy syndrome anyone?? F**king rigged my arse.

Earlier in the week i heard Danny green say 'my punching is that hard ill knock jones out for a week' haha

This arvo on jjj with Dools, Dools asked him about fighting mundine again.
Danny replied 'i just beat the best in the world, its like comparing a whale to a flathead' He cracks me up!!

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This will decide the two best fighters on the planet as of now, jones jr. is six years past his prime, Green was made to look like superman, although he is a 1 dimensional fighter at best, mundine should get in and pole axe Green now, made him look stupid once and would do it again in a heartbeat!
Come back to the 80's when it was really a golden age of boxing, Duran vs Leonard 1, Hearns vs Hagler etc, not the rubbish we have these days!..Contrived fights between has beens!
Who cares old man. Mundine is a sap and has half the heart Green has.

Green's not a favourite because he's a cut above the rest in the ring but for his humble approach (for a boxer) to fighting (shown in his victory speech).

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mundine is a sap and has half the heart Green has.

Green's not a favourite because he's a cut above the rest in the ring but for his humble approach (for a boxer) to fighting (shown in his victory speech).
Amen brother.

Mundine might be fast, but my god he is an ungracious, big-headed, wanker. Makes me embarrassed to think he is representing Australia in one of my favourite sports. Every time he opens his mouth the I.Q of everyone in the room drops by 70%.