Tattoo's?

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My mate has his family 'motto' across the top of his shoulders in Gaelic. Pretty sure it's the dumbest thing ever because he has a pretty common last name and I'd doubt his family name carries any sort of significence. I think it's pretty silly but I haven't the heart to tell him :eek:

Heritage tattoo's and others which draw from supposed ancestory significence are pretty fail IMO. Credibility is always in doubt.

I think when getting a tattoo you've got to be prepared to be judged especially when it's in a place for others to see.

Arete

Likes Dirt
The reason many artists won't tattoo your hands/face/neck if you don't have a relationship of some sort with them or extensive other work is, IMO pretty self evident.

In some places, it's illegal. Basically, if an "artist" is going to break the law, you don't want them working on you - if they're going to be doing faces in an illegal area and underage/drunk etc people, I doubt they're keeping their autoclave up to standard, using new needles and washing their hands properly either.

Sceondly, as much as it shouldn't be, getting that sort of visible ink work done is a lifestyle decision. It will affect your career options, how people percieve you (people WILL think you're in a gang or have done time) and potentially your personal life as well.
If you're say, 35, already have extensive ink work and a stable lifestyle, then you're probably going in knowing how it will affect you.

If you're 18, doing it to fit in at the Parkway Drive show and haven't got any other tattoos, you probably don't really have a grasp of how having HARD-CORE knuckles and swallows on your throat is going to affect your job prospects and family/social life, and most artists who aren't desperate for the money wouldn't do it.

I wish I could stay in one place long enough to book some decent time. Damn moving around the world and booked out artists.

5h1f7y

Likes Dirt
All my mates are so into tats and yeah i know people will do hands if they know the customer well.

My mate was hit by a boat when he was 12 and has a degenerating nerve disorder because of the accident. He has "Pain" written in German across his adams apple :eek: He also has all fingers, both sides of his neck and everywhere else you could think.

My other mate thought it would be cool to get the Australian Made stamp on his wrist....actually i think he still thinks its cool :rolleyes:

And yeah i know im going to cop it but my only tat so far is my wifes name with a celtic surround, got it on my bucks :D Yeah yeah if she ever leaves me.......she is still the mother of my daughter!

wambiri

Likes Dirt
I am trying to think of a design for my first tattoo.
the two things i love most of all are bikes and Australia so i was hoping to incorporate both into the one design maybe a kangaroo on a bike. or something a little less sh*t.

maybe some advice?

Cheers Zac.

del

Likes Dirt
Next week I'm considering getting a southern cross with the star points enclosing some Australian made stamps and joined in a star by some tribal banding and probably a lyric from a hardcore song on my upper back... thoughts?

simmooo!

Likes Dirt
Next week I'm considering getting a southern cross with the star points enclosing some Australian made stamps and joined in a star by some tribal banding and probably a lyric from a hardcore song on my upper back... thoughts?
poessst piczzz

MrSafety

Likes Dirt
Hypothetically speaking, can anyone think of a cool, smallish tat thats Australia but not a southern cross?

Drew.

Eats Squid
I guess, it is kind of a relief to see a cliche' tattoo of a koi fish instead of the double cliche', trillion times as bogan, Southern cross come out of schoolies.