NSW Enduro Series - Singletrack Mind

Kris_on_1

Likes Dirt
I know its Round 2 that's singlespeed, but I don't know how to ride anything else. Any suggestions on a lazy gear ratio? Should I stick to a 32-20 or will I become frustrated with it?

Anyone travelling up from Canberra that wants a lift or company?

zed42

Likes Bikes
I know its Round 2 that's singlespeed, but I don't know how to ride anything else. Any suggestions on a lazy gear ratio? Should I stick to a 32-20 or will I become frustrated with it?

Anyone travelling up from Canberra that wants a lift or company?
You should probably point out that that's 32:20 on a 29er, else people will think you're *really* lazy ;-)

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
Talking of gears, the new SRAM X7 looks totally the shiz: http://www.pinkbike.com/news/sram-x7-2010.html

We'll be looking forward to handing out some of this (pending a release date) and of course the brilliant SRAM XX gear at the series, we have a few more cool things happening too with sponsors, more about that next week!

If you're heading to the Wingello 5 Hour this weekend we'll see you there!

BTW: series entries now open here

Last edited:

ebuk

Likes Dirt
Still debating this series, very tempted by Lithgow but the others are a bit meh. Was hoping it would be other new tracks rather than the usual suspects. Anyone know if there are plans to add other tracks in NSW next year such as Port Macq, Orange and others?

Fi

Chocolate Foot
Still debating this series, very tempted by Lithgow but the others are a bit meh. Was hoping it would be other new tracks rather than the usual suspects. Anyone know if there are plans to add other tracks in NSW next year such as Port Macq, Orange and others?
Timeframes and lack of available dates this year meant we were limited in what was feasible ... and we're definitely stoked with the host clubs and the tracks we have on offer this year. But we're also keen to see the series take place in other regions in the future too. Anything is possible!

Fi

Chocolate Foot
Solo Masters Category Added

With healthy entries from the older model "diesels" out there, we decided to add solo masters men and womens categories to the series! You just need to be 40 or more finely aged (i.e. older!).

Cheers

Fi

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
I'm thinking caravan park... won't be able to leave Sydney until about 7 and the thought of getting organised in the dark beside the track when I don't know whats going on... too hard :)

Fi

Chocolate Foot
Round 1 info

The info for Round 1 (which includes a suggestion for accommodation) is available on the website, with draft schedule and any final bits & pieces to be finalised, posted on this page, and communicated via email to entrants after close of entries on Weds.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Cheers

Fi

Kris_on_1

Likes Dirt
Being the princess that I am, is there anywhere to have a shower before I drive home? Or will I be making do with wet ones? :(

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
The good folks at Lithgow Valley Springs are providing us with water, so bring a camp shower or one of those garden sprayers works a treat too. Best to bring it filled, if it's a warm day then we may drink all of it first!

Last edited: