Thoughts on You Yangs VDHS

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll state straight up that i'm slightly biased... I love the youies, and ride there most weekends.

So, seeing as I ride the track a fair bit, I decided to volunteer this round rather than race. This meant I got a good look at all of the track, the lines people were taking and the awesome pace some of the elite riders held through the tougher sections.

It's a great track for racing, it's flat-out from the start gate to the finish line and a fun track to ride. The track surface held up really well to a day of riding, but that's typical of the Youies soil.

Hopefully there will be more riders for the race day tomorrow, it seemed pretty quiet there today.

.Luke.

Likes Dirt
I'm not racing but i think the track lacks a few corners. It definitley favours those with alot of confidence.

AcTioN13

Likes Dirt
havent seen this track as of yet, but going to come out and watch tomorrow with the video camera.

Those who know the track where will be a good place to get some shots from?

jacob123

Likes Bikes and Dirt
havent seen this track as of yet, but going to come out and watch tomorrow with the video camera.

Those who know the track where will be a good place to get some shots from?
if weather is good, basically at every turn there is an awesome spectating point.

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think the track is extremely full on. You are always Dropping or Jumping of something. The track only has about 5 burms on it. The track requires a lot of confidence compared to others. The track is a nice change to bandages although no matter how many people dont like the pedalling on bandages i still enjoy riding it.

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
action13, there's heaps of crazy stuff to get some sick footage of... go for a walk up the track in the morning, it's not that bad of a walk up either.

felixmtb

Likes Dirt
Sick track, absolutely loved it. Although there are a few bits where rocks have been put in really stupid places and those steps are stupid, please tell me that they have a point.

felixmtb

Likes Dirt
those wooden things on the overpass, they're easy to clear but they're just annoying... for people who would like to jump the whole thing, but find the steps hard...

Jimass

Eats Squid
I dunno, its all a bit of a mind game really. I don't concentrate on them, and aren't concerned by them...
I jump the whole thing.

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sick track, absolutely loved it. Although there are a few bits where rocks have been put in really stupid places and those steps are stupid, please tell me that they have a point.
The steps have a point... To separate the men from the boys. If you're confident on you bike, it's not an issue, if you are it will slow you down because you're not game to boost it and risk tagging the steps.

No different to having any other B-Line.

And which rocks are in stupid places? I'd suggest again, that they are there to make lines slower, to push people to try the faster lines.

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The steps have a point... To separate the men from the boys. If you're confident on you bike, it's not an issue, if you are it will slow you down because you're not game to boost it and risk tagging the steps.

No different to having any other B-Line.

And which rocks are in stupid places? I'd suggest again, that they are there to make lines slower, to push people to try the faster lines.
found the rocks in the ground before the drop thats just before the "westgate" jump. theres the little boulder roll over, found its a bit of a hard pedal into that, maybe it was the wind blowing straight into you at that point.

Also the berm before the double rock drop thing, about 1/4 of the way down, points you towards the B-Line instead of the A. which makes you have to put a pedal or two in to carry decent speed through the rock drop, instead of having a bit more of an end to that berm to shoot you up there.

apart from two tiny things, the track was amazing, soo much better than bandages, no where near as much pedalling and more flowy and always in a big feature.

Props to the builders

Gonna be a big day today.

Last edited:

Jimass

Eats Squid
So, who would i contact to swap over my prizes for ones that fit me?(u/15)
If that's possible of course.