Vintage Downhill Vid

Ivan

Eats Squid
Some footage from 1992-94 I found on another forum. There are some awesome crashes and deadset lunatics in this vid. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face the whole time I was watching it.

Ah, the memories :D

[video=youtube;VzZkKE9Z35g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzZkKE9Z35g&feature=player_embedded[/video]

DHdreamer

Likes Bikes
LOL i almost choked on my lunch while laughing at that! :D

The dangers of riding with your seat too high...

T-Rex

Template denier
That's TOO funny!!

How about all the temper tantrums and bike throwing? I particularly liked the guy at 3:17 who hits his bike!!

scblack

Leucocholic
Hahaha, that was very funny. Racing downhill with the seats WAY up the clackers - a recipe for disaster.

aussiemx

Likes Dirt
wow personaly i give these guys props.. there doing downhill on a bike with no freaken suspension and what it looks to be road tyres..? i duno if this downhill is different to the downhill these days but if not these guys have balls

Ivan

Eats Squid
wow personaly i give these guys props.. there doing downhill on a bike with no freaken suspension and what it looks to be road tyres..? i duno if this downhill is different to the downhill these days but if not these guys have balls
Back then most people didn't have suspension forks, and if they did, you were lucky to have 80mm of travel.

jjperko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did those guys skip practice or something? It's like they were thinking "You know what I'm getting bounced all over the place and theres a tight corner at the bottom of this straight, I think I'll let go of the brakes"

aussiemx

Likes Dirt
Back then most people didn't have suspension forks, and if they did, you were lucky to have 80mm of travel.
yeh u have a point but we have bikes with no suspension.. and no one rides them everyone rides bikes with full suspension i duno if its just what happens in life or if todays society has less balls or something but i duno ahwell, maybe they didnt have the huge drops and rock gardens etc like we do today? or is it that back then they didnt know about the dangers of the sport? and todays riders do and want to try and lower the dangers? i shall shut up now =\

Last edited:

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeh u have a point but we have bikes with no suspension.. and no one rides them everyone rides bikes with full suspension i duno if its just what happens in life or if todays society has less balls or something but i duno ahwell, maybe they didnt have the huge drops and rock gardens etc like we do today? or is it that back then they didnt know about the dangers of the sport? and todays riders do and want to try and lower the dangers? i shall shut up now =\

Its called progression.....:rolleyes: