rock shox monarch 4.2 leaking on compression of shock (HELP)!!!!

mudmav

Likes Dirt
Hey guys i have the above shock on my specialized enduro and it holds air no problems just sitting aroung in the garage however everytime i go for a ride i can hear air leaking as the shock compress's and over a 20-30km ride it will go from around 260psi to 140 psi, when i push down on the seat i can hear the shock leak air from the area were the shock shaft enters the body as circled in the pick below.

Any ideas on what it could be and whats required to fix it?

Thanks in advance

SmokedHam

Likes Dirt
Hi mate, Ive just had an issue with my Monarch 4.2 leaking air & by looking at your photo you have the same schroder valve as mine. My schroder valve leaks air as every time you swivel the valve out to pump air in, the little bolt that holds the valve in place undoes its self, there's an updated new style schroder valve now with an allen key type bolt, fixs it up.

Get onto your LBS and get the new part from Monza Imports, mine cost me $25

Hope this helps.
Cheers

SmokedHam

Likes Dirt
Oh & yeah if it is that you can just try and tighten that little bolt up, but be careful not to over tighten it & strip the thread.
Cheers

mudmav

Likes Dirt
Yeah it's not the shcrader valve leaking on mine it's actually leaking from were the shock shaft goes into the body and it only leaks when the shock is being compressed

mudmav

Likes Dirt
Yeah that's the problem looking at the exploded view of the shock on the SRAM site I can't see a seal labeled in that part of the shock