NSW Enduro Series - Singletrack Mind

Fi

Chocolate Foot
Hey guys I was just wondering can rego be done by the team captain alone like the 24hr races or does each person have to do it themselves? Cheers
Everyone has to register in person, as each and every person (or parent/guardian for junior riders) needs to sign the waiver at Rego.

Cheers

fi

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
Not sure if they are available beforehand, but would be good to see numbers and who's there.
You'll be lining up with over 350 riders... and we of course have the "i forgot to register" sob stories coming in so maybe a few more by the time we get to 8am Sunday.

Some names: Gordo, Glennan, Rowney, Potter, Carlson, Odams, Van Der Speigel, MicNics, McGee, Giddins & Grasshopper. Lots of heavy hitters and lots of soloists looking to storm Stromlo!

Just a reminder that access on Sunday will be via Mt Stromlo rd, follow the signs! See complete event details here.

Last edited:

Antsonline

Likes Dirt
Massive Thanks

Well - back from Stromlo, car unpacked, washing on, and pizza dinner ordered.

After these high priority jobs, my next 'most important' thing is to thank Craig Bayliss from Enduro Pulse for doing what most of us would consider unthinkable....

I was stuck into my racing in the mixed pairs, and really enjoying my day. Craig was camped next to us, and I saw him with St.Johns around him - he'd had an 'off' and called it a day.
About a lap later, my bike developed a problem that could not be fixed on the day, and it looked like my (and my partners) race was up.
Craig lent me his carbon yeti ASR.

Let me repeat that - Craig, let me ride his bike for the remaining 90mins of racing. A lovely new carbon Yeti.
I want all of Craigs sponsors to know that he was this generous, and all of the other readers on Rotorburn to know that the spirit of MTB is strong with Craig.

Not many of us (me included) would be so relaxed about lending out the beauty, but maybe next time someone asks, I'll think of Craigs generosity.

Thanks mate. I was really touched.

Anthony.

p.s. big thanks also (but not quite to the same degree) to the gentleman who selflessly shared one of his six beers from his esky after I longingly looked at them. I dont know the dudes names, never met him before. Nice one.
I am feeling the love tonight.....

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
I love hearing stories like that and we had a bunch of other stories similar (but not *quite* as generous!) to that today - pumps, tubes, tyre levers being lent around and all riders spreading the love! :)

An all together magnificent day out, t-shirt weather in Canberra in August, who'da thunk it! Huge thanks to all the riders, support crews, CORC, event services, our fantastic volunteers and generous sponsors!

Preliminary results for round 4 are posted here!

Last edited:

Rambler

Likes Dirt
An early 5am start to get to Stromlo. Magic day weather wise but where the hell did all that mud come from. I wasn't expecting that at all. I had to call it quits 45min early as my forks were refusing to cooperate although I had a top day anyway. Thanks to all involved.

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Magic day weather wise but where the hell did all that mud come from.
I think I was lugging around an extra kilo in dried up mud by the end of the race. Got a nice clean up job waitin for me at home this sarvo.
Great day though, great course, was gettin a little brutal gettin up the hill towards the end, but the run down made it worthwile.:cool:

ray

Likes Bikes
It was my first time at Stromlo, and first time riding the Singletrackmind series, loved it...great day out, the downhill was worth every bit of hurt getting up to it...well i hurt anyway...seemed a whole load of others did'nt!.

Brilliant day and am definately doing the next one, thanks heaps to those who organised it, and for every rider that passed me, your thanks was appreciated when i pulled over, i've raced a ton of enduro's , this was by far the most polite response from riders so well done to all!

Ray

chops007

Likes Dirt
mtb love

i tried to share the love....

roostering mud after the sloppy patches was always fun....

but thats what it took to win the dirty bike comp.... the mud was truly dry after the 4hr drive home put muc-off to work even the shoes loved it :)

top event guys-

ps. sorry to the person and there bike i ran over just past timing, was looking back at the board n probably wasnt riding very straight...

pss.. whats the right tires for woodchips???

just chops

jeffandal

Likes Dirt
I think I was lugging around an extra kilo in dried up mud by the end of the race. .:cool:
I put my bike on the scales out of interest this morning to see just how much I was lugging around for the last few laps, and it was about 1500g worth!! More than I expected, and maybe I didn't REALLY want to know that!:p
Def' a change from being a dust bowl that Stromlo seems so famous for.

McBain

Likes Bikes and Dirt
but where the hell did all that mud come from.
All the rain in the previous week or so had soaked into the hill, so that while the top layer in lots of places looked dry the whole place was a sponge, and squeezing it made the wet stuff leak out.

It wasn't a huge amount of fun to lug them around, but if we'd had more of those pine boards like we put into that section on Blue Tongue I'd have liked to stick some into the swamp at Holden's Ck (although they might just have sunk without trace!).

metrics

Likes Bikes
Just wanted to say thanks to the organisers for another great day. Having never ridden Stromlo before I thoroughly enjoyed it, even if it was a bit cold camping on the Saturday night :D.

And thanks to the St John's ambulance crew (although they may never see this) for patching both me and my team mate up.

jeffandal

Likes Dirt
All the rain in the previous week or so had soaked into the hill, so that while the top layer in lots of places looked dry the whole place was a sponge, and squeezing it made the wet stuff leak out.

It wasn't a huge amount of fun to lug them around, but if we'd had more of those pine boards like we put into that section on Blue Tongue I'd have liked to stick some into the swamp at Holden's Ck (although they might just have sunk without trace!).
You guys had a full time job on Sunday keeping the track rideable. Most of us take it for granted that next time we come around a mud patch has a pallet or boards, or a huge puddle has a drain dug etc. But the end result makes the riding so much more enjoyable, so a big thanks to those that "repair" the track mid race. (not forgetting the work before a race, and after a race....)

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
I put my bike on the scales out of interest this morning to see just how much I was lugging around for the last few laps, and it was about 1500g worth!!
I'm gonna use that (the extra weight) as my excuse for hittin the wall very hard on lap 10.

You guys had a full time job on Sunday keeping the track rideable. Most of us take it for granted that next time we come around a mud patch has a pallet or boards, or a huge puddle has a drain dug etc. But the end result makes the riding so much more enjoyable, so a big thanks to those that "repair" the track mid race. (not forgetting the work before a race, and after a race....)
Ditto.

Handekk

Likes Dirt
I would like to thank Joe, Fi and all the other volunteers for such a memorable event, also to all the sponsors a big thanks.
I have to say the Stromlo track was great, but the mud and rocks played its part in my demise (especially when you are unfit!!!), A big kudos to all the riders who were very patient when passing ( the no dickhead rule worked a treat!).
It was the first 7hr event I have done and I loved it! can't wait for the next event at Appin. And thanks for the SID.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A lot of photographers on course yesterday, any of them publishing photos?

While we're on the subject, I'd like to give a big vote of thanks to Dave (the official photographer). I had some great handlebar/tree action on that rocky bit towards the end of the descent (just before you cross the road) and shattered myself on the rocks - by all rights it should have put me out of the race - fortunately Dave was there to stop riders, move my bike off the track, and get me on my way again once I was functional again! Thanks Dave!

jarv

Likes Bikes
gst

What a well run event.A big thanks to the organisers,sponsers.volenters and a big shout out to st johns who were kept busy all day.Great track although never seen it that wet before.The climb was worth it just to hammer down skyline.Great vibe amongst all riders.