Homemade Remote Lockout

the_duke1234

Likes Bikes
yeah the $150 is mainly for the poploc remote at 90 bucks.

The spring tension needs to be that strong, otherwise it wasn't returning enough. I tried pen springs and about 3 others. This one seams to be the best.

Included is:

Rockshox poploc remote,
Shifting Cable
Schrader Valve Cable Holder, (made from Aluminum)
Cable Lock Actuator. (made from Aluminum)
Return Spring

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
While on a riding holiday me and my bro were saying how good it would be if someone came up with this but to be honest i dont have enough room left on my bars for another 'button' :(

what button do i press....hmmm forks, shock, seatpost, rockets, smoke grenade..........

Last edited:

Dave L

Squid
What about kits for the RP23?
I don't have an RP23 to test, but if you can loosen the Torx 6 screw on the ProPedal lever and rotate the lever around like you can with the RP2, then there should be no problem fitting the kit to an RP23.

Shredden

Knows his goats
Really hope the other guy isnt serious.

That is just about the worst finished piece of arse I have ever seen, and to try and sell it for $115 AUD is just ridiculous.

1/10 shit effort.

wilddemon

Likes Dirt
Thing is, even with pro pedal engaged you'll still bounce all over the place when you get out of the saddle. Would be good to have a true lock :eek:hwell:

Jaredp

Likes Dirt
Thing is, even with pro pedal engaged you'll still bounce all over the place when you get out of the saddle. Would be good to have a true lock :eek:hwell:
If you bounce all over the place when out of the saddle you are pedaling wrong.

A pro pedal is far better than a true lockout. With the exception of Tarmac.

FWIW here is my version

I don't sell mine. I simply tell you the parts list and tell you how to do it.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid

pro pedal versus lockout depends on the frame and the shock and how they work together - this thread is about a reign - the PP setting is almost pointless and you need to sit in the saddle and keep very stable to stop bobbing - thats why the rp23's have such an advantage IMO, can lock out all the way or part of the way depending on whether you need it for out of the saddle, or a long grind, and depending on the frame reaction to both (and your weight i find too - 90kg seems to make it hard to setup air shocks with right sag plus the right travel)

Interested in your parts though - i'd like a lockout on my anthem for standing and pumping for short climbs - just thinking - if gripshift ever made a friction adjustor in the early days - friction adjustors would remove the need for the spring for return?

Cycle Technic

Likes Bikes
pro pedal versus lockout depends on the frame and the shock and how they work together - this thread is about a reign - the PP setting is almost pointless and you need to sit in the saddle and keep very stable to stop bobbing - thats why the rp23's have such an advantage IMO, can lock out all the way or part of the way depending on whether you need it for out of the saddle, or a long grind, and depending on the frame reaction to both (and your weight i find too - 90kg seems to make it hard to setup air shocks with right sag plus the right travel)

Interested in your parts though - i'd like a lockout on my anthem for standing and pumping for short climbs - just thinking - if gripshift ever made a friction adjustor in the early days - friction adjustors would remove the need for the spring for return?
The lockout would still need a return spring to push the PP lever back. Ever tried to push a cable?

CT

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
oops derrr! forgetting the deraileurs are sprung LOL - so the only advantage of the friction jobbies is you have an adjustable cable pull length - so they can work with a 3 position lockout.

Ajdo

Cannon Fodder

FWIW here is my version

--------
I understand this thread is not recent...
I'm looking for a 2011 RP23 remote lockout solution. I found many youtube videos and several threads but none explain "how to" with a clear components list.
The best solution I found is the one above from JareDP. The stealth spring is, in my opinion, a great idea.
Could anyone share the parts list accurately.

Thanks...AJ

drenzoni

Cannon Fodder
Hi all,
I'm new to this forum. I am using a combination of ideas to fab a remote lockout for my RP23 shock. I'm using a Rockshox Pushloc for this project. Hopefully it will be done by the end of this week!