2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

DaGonz

Eats Squid
but alas my LBS is struggling to source tubeless 29er tyres.

My preference would be...
You might need to tone down your expectations.

Continental have and extensive range and have variants of the Race King in "29er" and "29er". You might get lucky and your LBS may be able to order in a set of "29er" Race kings. Don't know about the others, but most of them also spec ranges in "29er" and "29er" tyre types.

Stans is your friend

Cheers
Spoonie

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maybe some Specialized 2Bliss??
I know that the Fast Traks are available in Australia as I had conversations with them about these recently.
Then again I have never had a problem with Ignitors or Crossmarks set up with Stans.

Not very much in 29er UST as far as I know (if that is what you are chasing).

m_g

Likes Dirt
...speaking of tubes.

I am riding a little bit new 29er...

I have Shitmano tubeless wheels

Without tubeless i feel confident that stromlo will psssssssssssssssssssss me more than once.

Can anyone get there hands on something for me? Happy to give u cash when i see u

My preference would be

- race kings with snake skin (can u get them in white ;-))
- racing ralphs (errrr white?)
- block eights

happy to take suggestions on other tyres that would offer superb rolling. Just a reminder that its size 29er. Not 26.

Thanks a tonne!

Adz
can we keep it 24 specific please....sorry, there's enough to read in this thread without discussing tyre types... again

bunchie34

Likes Dirt
if this has already been mentioned, apologies, but geax do the saguaro and mezcal in 29" TNT versions which run tubeless just fine.

great fast rolling tyres both, just don't show either of them any mud!

ebuk

Likes Dirt
There will be a "neutral" feed zone on top of the mountain - which means the riders get to see it twice per lap :)

It will have water plus some GUs for the solo riders. We are looking at transport options for getting some packs for riders up there - but not their helpers.

The only approved place for riders to get individual assistance from their helpers is in the Dyna Sys World Solo Pit Row.
Will a Broccoli and Custard feed zone be allowed?* It's important that international riders get an understanding of how things are done in Oz.

*I wouldn't want to hand broccoli out to people only to get them disqualified. In fairness it is there for EVERYONE and most would have sampled it at the Easter Solo Nationals.

Last edited:

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will a Broccoli and Custard feed zone be allowed?* It's important that international riders get an understanding of how things are done in Oz.

*I wouldn't want to hand broccoli out to people only to get them disqualified. In fairness it is there for EVERYONE and most would have sampled it at the Easter Solo Nationals.
Some of the BC Canadians are familiar with their obligations in the B+C feedzone, I explained it to them in detail while I lived over there (summary: the more you hurt the more you need)

tex72

Likes Dirt

Better check with these guys :p

(copied from the newsletter #12)The Australian Sports Anti Doping Authority (ASADA) may be at the race event. We don't know for certain if they will be there or not as the testing regime is random and is not notified to the organizers.

quiggs

Likes Dirt
...speaking of tubes.

Without tubeless i feel confident that stromlo will psssssssssssssssssssss me more than once.

Can anyone get there hands on something for me? Happy to give u cash when i see u

My preference would be

- block eights

happy to take suggestions on other tyres that would offer superb rolling. Just a reminder that its size 29er. Not 26.

Thanks a tonne!

Adz
give MY mountain a call in Melbourne they have in the past stocked a small range of stupidly overpriced 29er tyres and may be able to help you out. phone no.9380 1571

cheers
Quiggs

anyfin

Likes Bikes
The only approved place for riders to get individual assistance from their helpers is in the Dyna Sys World Solo Pit Row.:eek:

Does the above statement mean we are not allowed to feed solo riders any where but the pit row and the top of the hill? Not even give them a gel at another point on the track?:confused:

Excuse my ignorance, just want to make sure we dont get it wrong on the day.:eek:

thanks

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
The only approved place for riders to get individual assistance from their helpers is in the Dyna Sys World Solo Pit Row.:eek:

Does the above statement mean we are not allowed to feed solo riders any where but the pit row and the top of the hill? Not even give them a gel at another point on the track?:confused:
Not quite, the only place they can get assistance from their helpers is from the Pit Row. The "Neutral Support" at the top of the hill is the same help for everyone.

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
...speaking of tubes.

My preference would be

- block eights

Thanks a tonne!

Adz
Try online? Bike24.net ship pretty quick and have a good range of tyres.... be cutting it fine but if you order now should make it in time.