SCOTT 24 hour 2010

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
So, I'm just packing for the weekend.

I've got bike, helmet, beer, and my collection of MTB event t-shirts.

Anything else?
Maybe some chamois cream to stop your naked butt chafing on the seat?? :p or some knicks ;) so the poor riders behind can concentrate on the trail??

Mtb1speed

Likes Dirt
I recently got a service which is very annoying. It's the leaver that is leaking. Just wondering if this is likely to be an easy fix for my LBS? (ie if I get there as soon as they open and beg them to look at it for me, is it something they will be able to do quickly). Unfortunaly I am not up to speed on these things as much as I would like.

I agree - doing a lap without a front brake isn't a good idea.
Hey man, are you sure it's lever and not the top of the fluid chamber?

EzyLee

Likes Dirt
Just letting you kids know that there was a bit of a frost this morning. So pack your warm gear as well!

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Righto heading out! Very excited.

If you see a fat bugger pushing a Spesh SX trail around the track then heckle me.

Hooch

Likes Bikes
I only did one lap :(
3 hrs 41 mins official race time. 630pm to 1010pm
at least the rest of the team had a good sleep :)
anyone on the course that time would recognize me as i was riding without a top on
as i was seriously overheating.
still fun though
though not as bad as the mankini with the big red bow....that was wrong

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Great weekend indeed.

Track was good, but felt punishing around the back, but maybe that was just me.

Was camped at the bottom of the firetrail back into tent city up from the booter where the person was injured before they put in the detour.... anyone know what happened?

I only did one lap :(
3 hrs 41 mins official race time. 630pm to 1010pm
at least the rest of the team had a good sleep :)
anyone on the course that time would recognize me as i was riding without a top on
as i was seriously overheating.
still fun though
though not as bad as the mankini with the big red bow....that was wrong
Lol I think I went past you about 7:30 or 8:00 at night saying you had to be cold.
Doesnt matter if you did 1 or many laps mate.... getting down there and just riding is all part of the fun and fr most of us punters thats what its all about.

Last edited:

Clyde Dave

Likes Dirt
Great weekend indeed.

Track was good, but felt punishing around the back, but maybe that was just me.

Was camped at the bottom of the firetrail back into tent city up from the booter where the person was injured before they put in the detour.... anyone know what happened?
I think it might be a guy from heathcote. Don't know exact details but a punctured lung and induced coma were mentioned.
Things can turn sour pretty quick in the mtb world.

rideabike

Likes Bikes
Some of the weekend from my team's perspective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYFk3sXnb-A
Some great footage there! Love that section of you coming down Little Seymore, (as hairy as it was to ride by the end!)

Great weekend, thanks to everyone involved in organising/volunteering. The track was an absolute blast, the technical nature of it was a great challenge, especially at 3am. The fast section coming down through all the tents towards the finish was amazing to ride, as well as to watch from between laps.

Only downsides:
-Snapping my chain on lap two on the climb up to Double Dissolution
-Missed briefing as it was half an hour earlier than what the schedule had on it

All the best for those taken away in Ambulances..

Last edited:

Hooch

Likes Bikes
I had a lot of fun.
ended up helping the rest of the team by walking with that to the transition area and talking to them and talking their jackets back to camp. And chatting to other racers waiting it was great fun.
Most touching moment for me was after my team left I was standing at transition watching the soloists come in and one lady caught my eye. I think see was italian wearing the white top and pants with small colour bands. Anyhow she finished and layed down in relief. Then as she got up to walk out i called out congratulations as i had watched her all day most of the night and all morning riding past (I was sitting at the start of the little bike path before holdens creek on the right hand side so could watch them)and said how they had make it look so easy even though it must have been tough.
Anyhow such a simple message got to her and she walked over and thanked me and shook my hand quite emotional. Such a little thing but having your efforts noticed and recognised for the achievements they are can make your day. I was moved by her effort to come over even though she was bone tired
And that is also to all the people on course who saw standing on the side and asked If i was ok. such a small thing but it means a lot to all of us if something had been wrong, as from the course director they had a few emergencies.
Well done to all who raced, or assisted those who where racing to make it a fantastic event
oh and to mullet, Russ and the others at CORC for running year after year such a fantastic event.

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well, I'm punished, sore, and missing quite a lot of bark off 1 hip. Double night laps not a good idea, 2nd lap was a freaking disaster with 2 x otb incidents and 2 flats.

Some awesome bits of track in there.

Re: ambulance, not sure what happened but it was on the small triple before the 4 X hill. I saw 3 people wipe out on it during the day, at night it would have been diabolical.

Hope the dude is ok.

DHdreamer

Likes Bikes
Another quality Scott 24hr

Our team of 4 loved this event. Our new member draw the straw for the opening lap and he thought the Le Mans start was great fun...as he is a downhiller and rides flat pedals, he found the run easier than some!

A lot of the speculation about the track had me a bit worried about its fun-factor, but on balance I'd say it was a track for all. Plenty of technical climbing for the whippets, and some good fun descending for those of us with a gravity inclination - Little Seymour, Double Dissolution (whipped!), and a few other bits spring to mind in my hazy state. :)

Bruise and claret factor was high! Hope all who stacked it on the little "triple" near the 4X track are ok - easy to stuff that up, I guess. Personally I was disappointed that I only got to do it once (I thought it was easy with pace) before they diverted it, but I totally inderstand the reasoning. People attempting it tired at night would have been carnage.

Other than that, all I'd say are rocks rocks rocks!! Never seen so many people by the side of the track repairing punctures...no idea how I managed my second consecutive Scott 24hr (Giant Yukon last year, Giant Reign 0 this year) without any puctures... :confused:

And I have to mention the Soloists...what a crazy bunch. Jason English could have been led down the garden path at the end, he looked wasted! But all credit to him! Legend.

Massive thanks to all involved in bringing this event together so well. Bring on 2011's Scott!

Slowman

Likes Dirt
I lost my share of bark out there too, some fun bits like double dissolution and party line. Most hated bit for me the 2kms between 10km to go and 8 km to go - "deep creek" I think. One hard fall on my first lap during the day and then about 2 or 3 falls on both my night laps. I'm usually looking forward to the final lap in daylight but I was beaten up and sore ...the last guy in our rotation looked like he was going to finish just before 11:15, his instructions were to wait somewhere and make it 11:16 :D no one was keen anymore to do the extra lap! All of us left a bit of blood out on the trail.