DH Norco Atomik

eddy1.7

Likes Dirt
Norco Atomik

Frame - 198-225mm travel, adjustable BB height, 150x12mm Dropouts, forged headtube
Rear shock -Fox DHX 3.0
Front shock/fork -2008 Rockshox Boxxer Race
Handlebars – Gravity light
Stem - Funn Direct Mount
Headset - FSA TH-872, chromoly, deep cup
Grips – ODI Lock-ons
Saddle -WTB Pure V race saddle
Seatpost -Truvativ XR, double bolt, 27.2
Front brake -Avid Juicy 7
Rear brake -Avid Juicy 7
Cranks -Truvativ Hussefelt
Chainguide -E-13
Chain -KMC Z-72
Pedals -Shimano MX30
Front derailleur -N/A
Rear derailleur - Sram x7
Front shifter - N/A
Rear shifter -Sram x5
Cassette - Hyper glide hg
Front hub -Axiom
Rear hub - Axiom
Front rim - Sun Single Track silver, 32 hole
Rear rim -Sun Single Track silver, 32 hole
Spokes -DT Swiss Champion stainless black 2.0
Tyres -Maxxis Minion Front and Maxxis High Roller rear
http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/5642300/
http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/5642349/
http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/5642324/
Picture of Hardtail i need to make custom
http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/5642351/

I am open for info on how to upgrade or what you think i should do to my bike.
Thanks.

Last edited:

eddy1.7

Likes Dirt
sorry for having links as i tryed adding the picture to the post but it cam up with a little icon.

indica

Serial flasher
You need to get to where the pinkbike page ends in .jpg (ie "open image in new page/tab" depending on browser) then use that with you img tags.

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks good man! One thing, I'd suggest rotating the guide clockwise a bit more to take the bottom roller out of harms way a tad more... I ride an Atomik and I've hit it a few times!

eddy1.7

Likes Dirt
Looks good man! One thing, I'd suggest rotating the guide clockwise a bit more to take the bottom roller out of harms way a tad more... I ride an Atomik and I've hit it a few times!
yeah, haha this is my first dh bike, would you be so kind and tell me how to do that haha?

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No worries, it's really simple. First off grab a 4mm allan key (from memory, might be 5mm) and you'll see 3 bolts holding the black backplate of the guide to the ISCG tabs, which are welded onto your frame. Loosen the bolts off a bit, rotate the guide clockwise until it is almost (close as) touching the swingarm, and then re-tighten the bolts.

If you need help I could take some pics of me doing it on my bike which is currently in pieces.

eddy1.7

Likes Dirt
No worries, it's really simple. First off grab a 4mm allan key (from memory, might be 5mm) and you'll see 3 bolts holding the black backplate of the guide to the ISCG tabs, which are welded onto your frame. Loosen the bolts off a bit, rotate the guide clockwise until it is almost (close as) touching the swingarm, and then re-tighten the bolts.

If you need help I could take some pics of me doing it on my bike which is currently in pieces.
thanks man, ill try and do it tomorow and if i need help ill pm you :)
wont this effect the way the chain moves because your moving the guide?
thanks

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thanks man, ill try and do it tomorow and if i need help ill pm you :)
wont this effect the way the chain moves because your moving the guide?
thanks
It will effect it, it will just mean that the slack side of the chain (underneath) will be held in more securely by the guide, but as it isn't the tight side which you put the pedalling power through, the effect is negligable. It will also mean that the chain shouldn't slap as much on the top runner of the guide, quietening it a bit! I've run the guide for 9 months now, never dropped a chain. Let us know how you go.

eddy1.7

Likes Dirt
It will effect it, it will just mean that the slack side of the chain (underneath) will be held in more securely by the guide, but as it isn't the tight side which you put the pedalling power through, the effect is negligable. It will also mean that the chain shouldn't slap as much on the top runner of the guide, quietening it a bit! I've run the guide for 9 months now, never dropped a chain. Let us know how you go.
thanks man and sorry for the late reply, i moved it and it works great! thanks for your help :)

eddy1.7

Likes Dirt
red i might not get saints i might just stick to juicy,
and yes the boxxers could be a little wider, what would you recommend for the fork?
and what do u use insted of RP7?
thanks

Red.

Likes Dirt
red i might not get saints i might just stick to juicy,
and yes the boxxers could be a little wider, what would you recommend for the fork?
and what do u use insted of RP7?
thanks
I recommend 2011 boxxers? but the boxxes you have now are fair good,