Help With New Frame.

nelson-dh

Likes Bikes
So Sunday afternoon i was riding with few mates and then all of a sudden i snapped my jamis bam 2 in the chainstay on the driveside. now in need of a new frame.

so now i need help choosing what frame would suit me best.
im about 175cm tall, average build
i can be smooth some days then some im just out of it.
i run totems so i need something with nice geo for 180mm travel
and im more towards freeride bikes
anyway need help. need for next race in jan

cheers nelson

nic1894

Likes Bikes and Dirt
commencal supreme dh, awesome bikes. i have a mate that pretty much is what you have described and he runs it with mara' 66's so it would go well with your requirements.

If your looking for something freeride why not try a Giant Reign X or a Santa Cruz Nomad, they work well with a 7" fork.

If you want to spend a few more $$$ look into a Knolly Delirium, these are a pretty sweet ride too, they pedal up like a XC bike but ride down like a DH rig!

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If your looking for something freeride why not try a Giant Reign X or a Santa Cruz Nomad, they work well with a 7" fork.

If you want to spend a few more $$$ look into a Knolly Delirium, these are a pretty sweet ride too, they pedal up like a XC bike but ride down like a DH rig!
Keep in mind he races downhill (i know the kid), so i think he meant a downhill bike with a more freeride feel or influence, like the jamis.

Keep in mind he races downhill (i know the kid), so i think he meant a downhill bike with a more freeride feel or influence, like the jamis.
Then I'd totally check out the Delirium, one of my mates rode his in the BC cup this season but also uses it for freeriding on the shore. Another sweet bike would be a Cove STD. But if price point is an issue then my suggestion would be the Giant Faith or a Norco Shore.

nelson-dh

Likes Bikes
yeahhh iv been wanting to get a commencal just the money problem right now!
just spend the money on the jamis two months ago and now its gone :mad:..
and yeah i race downhill with jacko so yeah need something freeride bike but orientated for downhill..

d_j1

Likes Dirt
my kona stinky frame sounds perfect four u to ride

its so mad for hucks to flat and riding the bole

jasonmun

Likes Bikes
yeahhh iv been wanting to get a commencal just the money problem right now!
just spend the money on the jamis two months ago and now its gone :mad:..
and yeah i race downhill with jacko so yeah need something freeride bike but orientated for downhill..
Have you enquired about fixing your frame on http://www.gripsport.com.au/. Rather than spending thousands buying a new frame why not fix it?

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
as new

I have a Cannondale Gemini (handmade USA) in as new cond. Its got 66s on front . I have only ridden 5 times and its in the shed collecting dust. It looks amazing in red with flames on it in mettalic paint....
I can email photo if you pm me your email add.....

konabiker

Likes Bikes
So Sunday afternoon i was riding with few mates and then all of a sudden i snapped my jamis bam 2 in the chainstay on the driveside. now in need of a new frame.

so now i need help choosing what frame would suit me best.
im about 175cm tall, average build
i can be smooth some days then some im just out of it.
i run totems so i need something with nice geo for 180mm travel
and im more towards freeride bikes
anyway need help. need for next race in jan

cheers nelson

specialized big hit...it is part freeride/slopestyle and part dh.

downhill2026

Likes Dirt
the new transition tr250 ...search it...epic
or a single pivot downhill like izumu, cause they rip at downhill but single pivots jump well

dunndog

Eats Squid
How about a Banshee Scythe? got framesets goin fairly cheap on torpedo7, and you can contact them and bargain a bit better price..

mxwill63

Likes Dirt
How about a Banshee Scythe? got framesets goin fairly cheap on torpedo7, and you can contact them and bargain a bit better price..
+ 1 for the scythe, ive got one and they are a perfect bike and have adjustable rear travel settings for DH and freeride.

Cooch

Likes Dirt
+ 1 for the scythe, ive got one and they are a perfect bike and have adjustable rear travel settings for DH and freeride.
Yeah, + another 1 for the Banshee Scythe. It is what you need and it certainly wont snap! :eek:

[video=vimeo;8660292]http://www.vimeo.com/8660292[/video]