AUS Newton's Nation - Results

SCOTTDMR

Likes Dirt
So to those who attended, was the overall event as lame as it looks?
Fair question.

Worst thing about the website are all the muppets that jump on peoples oppinions and just assume they know more then other people about the topic.

So many f u ckwits on here thats for sure.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Fair question.

Worst thing about the website are all the muppets that jump on peoples oppinions and just assume they know more then other people about the topic.

Well, he made the assumption after looking at 1 photo, i think its fair enough people call him for it!

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Fair question.

Well my initial impressions were also based from last years event,
So he didn't attend but assumed it was lame based on last years event? Then blamed the assumption on the scooters, BMX and roller blades...

Last years evetn didn't have scooters or bmx or roller blades.. Or MTB or bands for that matter. It was luge only

2008 had all of the above except scooters and where "roller blades" = DH inline. Guys hooking down the mount at 90+km/hr. Say what you want about roller blade but I found Dh inline impressively ballsy.

Every one I've spoken to who attended the 2008 event loved it

Every one I've had feed back from of this years event loved it.

Yet one guy who didn't go and obviously has made false assumption on several things sees fit to bag it on two different threads?

SCOTTDMR

Likes Dirt
Well, he made the assumption after looking at 1 photo, i think its fair enough people call him for it!
AHH THERE WE GO PERFECT EXAMPLE. HOW THE F*** DO YOU KNOW THAT HE ONLY LOOKED AT ONE PHOTO? If you look in this thread, you will read that he has either been to one previously or watched it... I cant remember as i read it this morning.

You mate are a joke.

kona_kona

Likes Dirt
AHH THERE WE GO PERFECT EXAMPLE. HOW THE F*** DO YOU KNOW THAT HE ONLY LOOKED AT ONE PHOTO? If you look in this thread, you will read that he has either been to one previously or watched it... I cant remember as i read it this morning.

You mate are a joke.
Because there are barely any photo's up on the net yet and he didn't attend either.

Seeing as he was wildly off the mark with his negative assumption he was fairly called out on it.

I think he's realised he jumped to conclusions a bit so kudos to him for swallowing his pride and to the others for letting it rest. It's now your turn to settle the fuck down and stop acting like a tosspot

pinkgoat

Likes Dirt
1 Photo, yeah mate.

Not like anyone cares anymore, but:

-I have seen highlights from the previous 2 years events.
-I have looked at a number of photos and videos of the race just past.
-I have friends who raced in both the first and this one.
-I have seen the consecutive advertising campaigns over the past 3 years.

My original post was not baseless. It looks like the downhill event was awesome (Thanks mostly to thecat and CTMBC), but I still think the overall event was lame.

I also expressed an opionion regarding the image of MTB when associated with an 'extreme' event such as this. I am then told that people 'don't see my point', while simultaneously a thread appears about sponsorship troubles :confused:.

thecat

I also expressed an opionion regarding the image of MTB when associated with an 'extreme' event such as this. I am then told that people 'don't see my point', while simultaneously a thread appears about sponsorship troubles :confused:.
It's not marketed as an extreme event. It's a gravity sport festival.
Since posting the spono thread we've had several companies approach us about being onboard next year

thecat

So people can make up their own minds on how it was marketed here's the ad that got a fair bit of air play on TV out this way

[video]http://www.pinkbike.com/video/170173/[/video]

dave m

Likes Bikes
I think it's awesome because lots of scooter riders and street runners might buy dh bikes and really grow the sport.......................................

Back in the day they did similar stuff in the states with extreme-type comps and it really made dh look like a wanna-be sport IMO and that of many others even back then.

It's exposure but is it good exposure? I think it's a pretty embarrassing really. If you want something - sport, business, person - to look professional you need to present an appropriate image. If you want it to look amateurish and a bit kooky - Newton's Nation :rolleyes:

dave m

Likes Bikes
So people can make up their own minds on how it was marketed here's the ad that got a fair bit of air play on TV out this way

[video]http://www.pinkbike.com/video/170173/[/video]

yep, embarrassing. Hope they got paid well.

DeBloot

Feeling old

You mate are a joke.
I guess it's the way Pinkgoat framed the question
There are ways to ask a question that elicit a civil and constructive response

I would judge by your ranting, capitals, shit spelling etc
That you would have no fucking idea in the world how to do that either

You tool!

taitt

Likes Dirt
I'd rather hang at an event with the scooters and "aggressive inliners" than the increasing amount of whiney bitches in downhill.

Be happy that people are willing to spend their time to organise an event for you and quit your bitching. You are entitled to an opinion, but seriously. If you don't like it, ride a road bike. You'll fit in.