Playstation 3 Thread

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
GT4 was MASSIVE, so many one make races and stuff, each manufacturer had their own one make race, most of them had 2+, ie 'Silvia Sisters' a Micra only race series I think and a GT-R race series. Then think of how many manufacturers there was and that's a lot of racing.

There was events, country related events and manufacturer events and driving missions and licenses and rally.

I just did a 1'12'068 yeeehaawww

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Yeah it does seem a bit shorter. I've unlocked the Extreme races now and there still don't seem to be any endurance races. Kinda leaves tyre choices and pit-stops a bit redundant.

I think Polyphony have the view that online play will render the game limitless. Which it would, if it worked!

ben_rides_a_bike

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone played the new NFS ?
Just hired it then form the video store, will give it a burl..

In other news, havnt been able to get my hands on a copy on GT5, but hopefully tomorrow shall be the day:D

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
$220,000 for a used Skyline just to compete in the pre '79 build Japanese event? Fuck.......it's a shitbox! I'm happy to win the series and palm it off to any dudes who will trade for something that gets to 100km quicker than an esky lid skidding down an asphalt road...................
In the Supercar Nostalgia Cup you win a DOME ZERO CONCEPT ’78 . Thats the tool for the pre 79 Japanese event. I bought a freakin Bluebird for the event , BIG facepalm when I lined up against the Dome and watched it disappear into the distance.

Yeah it does seem a bit shorter. I've unlocked the Extreme races now and there still don't seem to be any endurance races. Kinda leaves tyre choices and pit-stops a bit redundant.

I think Polyphony have the view that online play will render the game limitless. Which it would, if it worked!
Looks like enduros are in but are level based: (Warning , spoiler for prize car listing) http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=134047

Last edited:

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I love this game. My interpretation of the whole thing has turned around. I was expecting huge options and breathtaking graphics but it has neither, what it does have is some of the best physics ever! I just smashed the GT World Cup in the Pro series in a 652HP fully modded R32 GTR and it was incredibly fun! the way that thing launches and squirms out of the corners was just incredible. Chasing a group of JGTC cars on the 'Ring and overtaking them smoothly has just won this game a few more months residence in my PS3. I think GT5's marketing totally missed the point...

I'm now working on a '09 GTR, hopefully that can go the full 1000hp.... EDIT: Nope, Only goes to 801HP @ 1366kg. Holy shit its fast though, tsukuba in a 52.256 with minimal effort.

Also a quick snip from the link above:

Level 33 : Tsukuba 9h
Level 40 : Nurburgring 24h

Drool....

EDIT: Arcade ABS 1 TCS 2: 1'11:438 Arcade Zero assists: 1'11:838. GT Life Brand new Silvia Zero assists with grass on Real. 1'11:755 Took me 17 laps to get the GT Life time but i don't think its a different feel to Arcade. Maybe theres no tire wear in Arcade? dunno. My official time will be 1'11:755.

Last edited:

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^^Just a Q, How hard was the GT World Cup, almost considering an attempt myself..
You need a seriously modified car (550bhp+ 1400kg) or a JGTC/LM/GT car. Once you have that it's pretty damn fun! it's 10mins~ a race, 6 (i think) races @ 18,400 each with a 90,000 bonus. Although after you finish it (Spoiler >>) You technically finish the game, you unlock "Finale" trophy and the credits pop up.. so stupid IMO. you also get the Bugatti veryon but its standard and you can't sell it. Fail.

As above, I had a fully modified R32 GTR and i was getting 5+ seconds per lap on the other cars and its 650HP-1300kg-4WD. I tried it in a 380HP~ RM Evo 9 and there was no way of winning. But remember you need to do the championship to win the prize and complete, some guy on GTPlanet won Gold in every race and was wondering why he got nothing :p... theres also no way of pausing a championship (i don't think) so it's an hour at at least in front of the PS3.

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
So you can beat it with a 32 GT-R, that's good news means I don't need to spend large on a race car.

So I just got my G27, cannot get my head around countersteering at the moment, really pissing me off. Steering and throttle are so precise though, nice.

whiteman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For those who are sick of the S13...

Event: Drift Attack
Date: Thursday 2nd December to Sunday 12th December
Circuit: Autumn Ring Mini
Cars: Unlimited
Info: A fairly easy course to learn on for those that haven't drifted too much and a decent amount of time for people to learn, this is an independent event to the TT series so no series points. Some of my highest scoring runs on this track have been in the Toyota Tacoma ute, bad ass.
I'm looking foward to this drift attack and future ones. :D
Just one question though, is it limited to 'sector' mode or is 'full lap' mode allowed?

Toff

Likes Dirt
Take two at the S13 challenge; 1'11.767

Damn you Steve!

Super mad awesome edit: 1'11.728 Yeeeeeha!

Last edited:

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thinking Audi R8 for the GT World Cup.. 5L , 500+HP, 54 kgfm, 1640kg, 200,000 quid..

Disappointed there arent all the 'Japanese' and 'European' races.. But it seems there are a few more in the A-spec mode..

Interested to see how I will cope with a Tsubuka 9 hour without B-spec bob.... Has anybody been training up Bob? I think the most I can handle would be a Nurburg 4hr... With plenty of ales on hand.. As long as I stay below 0.05 I should be OK, right? :eek:

EDIT: Forgot about Merc SLS.. Oh well, I got 7:30 in the R8 on the 'ring with a few mods... Should be good..

Last edited:

nskz

Likes Dirt
As POSM said, with the time they've had to develop this game you can't help but be somewhat disappointed at the result, mainly the stuff that was shit in the previous versions is still shit in this version. That said they have improved the physics massively and as someone who has played a lot of online sims in the past this is great. Sure it's no iracing but still it's a hell of a lot better than Prologue or what it could have been.

My main gripe has to be the AI, I haven't completed much of the game yet so I can't really come to a solid conclusion but if the Lotus Top Gear test track challenge is anything to go, holy shit...they failed. I'm not sure if anyone has tried to complete this with no aids...but it's difficult. Firstly you have to deal with a Lotus that seems to tuned towards D1 drift spec, then it's just a matter of figuring which way to weave throughout the single line, retarded AI. There seems to be no intelligence to them, take their line, they'll just ram you off the track, touch them slightly and you're DSQ'd. The rage that this created was intense...if my G25 wasn't bolted to a solid steel structure it would have gone through the TV haha.

Anyway overall I reckon it's not too bad, worth the $77 for sure.

Had a quick crack at this S13 challenge

Track: Tsukuba
Mode: GT life
Car: SILVIA S13.
Mods: None
Driver Aids: only ABS 1
Tyres: stock
Track: Set to real grip offline
Bias 10F:8R
Time: 1:10.912 :cool:

Will have another crack this weekend.

scuba05

Likes Dirt
My main gripe has to be the AI, I haven't completed much of the game yet so I can't really come to a solid conclusion but if the Lotus Top Gear test track challenge is anything to go, holy shit...they failed. I'm not sure if anyone has tried to complete this with no aids...but it's difficult. Firstly you have to deal with a Lotus that seems to tuned towards D1 drift spec, then it's just a matter of figuring which way to weave throughout the single line, retarded AI. There seems to be no intelligence to them, take their line, they'll just ram you off the track, touch them slightly and you're DSQ'd.
I recon. A few of the challenges are figgen retarded, SOULY because of the AI. They seem to just ram you if your gunna beat them. Happens in some of the license tests as well. I almost put my controller through the TV because of it. So friggen annoying.

Im in agreeance that the game doesnt seem as long as past ones. I mean, so far i have seen that each of the a-spec events have 9 races each, and that it. No manufacturer races or anything....Bit disappointing.

B-spec.....thats another problem. The guy i was using was friggen attrocious. I had a car that had about 4x as much power as the competitors, and he still managed to come mid pack cause he kept spinning the damn thing. Useless bastard. Hopefully the prick learns to drive with more experience!!!!

I guess im nit picking. I do enjoy the game though, even if some things give me the shits.

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Finally completed Sebastian Loebs special event, all golds and man was it frustrating.

FULL LAP FOR AUTUMN RING MINI DRIFT COMP!

Matt mine is BlueGlory.

nskz pulls off a 10 amazing stuff, how many laps did that take?

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Holy shit nskz that's fast! I might have to get another S13 and try again :cool: Maybe your brake setup will fetch that second...

Sebastion Leob challange was easy, you've gotta set the TCS to 0 and Skid recovery to on. Then just be patient and don't try and pin it everywhere, nothing more fustrating then hitting the wall at 3mins.

Just completed Seb challange and the Advanced Kart all in like 30mins and fetched 600k. Nice!

Also, just give the G27 some time, it takes awhile for your lap times to be faster then the controller and to drift and counter steer it takes ages! well it did for me... it was impossible 2 weeks ago but now its nearly there, i can drift and counter-steer my GTR but full lock on a RWD car is hard. Feels great when you get it though.

Cars in the stable: Fully modded RM Evo IX, GT-R Vspec '09, R32 GTR Vspec and a 450HP 350z for drift. Oh and of course my favorite the PDI kart. :)

Last edited:

pinned--->

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does anyone know if ill be able to plug a bigpond usb modem into my Ps3 to play online? I've been told I cant by one bloke because it needs the software, but another said I will be able to because it will run the software right away. :)