Possums discussion thread

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
It's all the booner-ific scum you let ride the tracks, not to mention the moto riders.
Put a couple of signs up, and cart a garbage bin to the boost, aswell as exterminate all booners.

zen zen

Likes Dirt
I will try to bring a big bag up on saturday to put the shit in,
Good response guys, we all want our tracks looking good so lets make sure we do. Also Ty's idea about the signs is not a bad idea and garbage bin maybe but we will start with signs.

Also i have noticed some more work on the new line has taken place good work guys.

One last thing i was thinking of repairing switchbacks (main line after pallet drop) so that they are 2 berms because the first one is not really a berm. What do you guys think?

Luke_99

Likes Dirt
Also i have noticed some more work on the new line has taken place good work guys.
Which line are you referring too?
If it's the new line iv'e been working on with the drop and sketchy section before it at the start. Whats been done on it..? also will attempt to finish it off at some stage just being really lazy.

And yes, keep the place clean. Keeps us happy and the owner.

zen zen

Likes Dirt
Which line are you referring too?
If it's the new line iv'e been working on with the drop and sketchy section before it at the start. Whats been done on it..? also will attempt to finish it off at some stage just being really lazy.

And yes, keep the place clean. Keeps us happy and the owner.
The pallet drop is just before it on the main line then it goes into that rock garden you built.

tracks gone to crap :(

wouldnt mind building some north shore style stuff up there if i knew the kids and a few others wouldn't tear it down :(

nskz

Likes Dirt

wouldnt mind building some north shore style stuff up there if i knew the kids and a few others wouldn't tear it down :(
North shore should be left in the north shore....of Canada, it's the quickest way to draw the wrong sort of attention to a track (NPWS, council etc), it's those people who more often than not who rip it down.

whether it be north shore timberwork or dirt and rocks, people up there always destroy the tracks that are made. the tracks are made to a skill level where everyone can use it and you dont have to hit it at 100% to just make it. you can hit it at 70% and land stuff quite safely.

yet everything thats made, people make it bigger and unsafer.

its quite depressing

and lets not get started on 4x4's going up there

zanus

Likes Dirt

I can actually go against that.
The track is fine, its merely eroded. One guy with a shovel could make it look brilliant. Treetops, slipperies, possums, all are rideable, no tree's down, nothing destroyed. Many kids are getting out of the sport, and the ones that are in it have various other commitments. Ill try to organise something though. Saturday arvo, anyone keeen?

I can actually go against that.
The track is fine, its merely eroded. One guy with a shovel could make it look brilliant. Treetops, slipperies, possums, all are rideable, no tree's down, nothing destroyed. Many kids are getting out of the sport, and the ones that are in it have various other commitments. Ill try to organise something though. Saturday arvo, anyone keeen?
well slipperies is too steep for anything, treetops is a helluva a walk, so that leaves possums general. just have to wait for the kids who destroy stuff to get bored and do something else. wouldnt mind a build though, maybe next weekend? just clean up some berms and clear the track?

isaac h

Likes Bikes
the berm after boost has been fairly run down with lantana and now everyone just cuts inside. but i went up today and hacked some of the lantana and cleaned it up a tad. also the dark berm/section is pretty crap. any suggestions on wat should be done there

dh1

Likes Dirt
The dark berm just needs to be built up a bit more, especially the exit.
Otherswise i dont know what the little kiddies are wrecking exactly, im up there riding quiet a bit and see no one messing anything up. If any parts are wrecked its because we havent been done enough maintence in comparsion to how much the track is being ridden.

Last edited:

-CALLUM-

Likes Bikes
Once it gets cooler more people will start to head up again.
The track is only in such bad shape because non of the main older people go up there much and all the shovels have been stolen or up at slipperies.

Useless

Likes Dirt
another thing that needs rebuilding is the step-down, it got ran over by something so long ago, and nobody has bothered to fix it. Also i don't mind helping with a shovel if you need it

isaac h

Likes Bikes
ill happily go up with a group of people and fix up parts its just thats its to hot to do much work on the track

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
North shore should be left in the north shore....of Canada, it's the quickest way to draw the wrong sort of attention to a track (NPWS, council etc), it's those people who more often than not who rip it down.
Absolutely. There is no place in the world other than the north shore of Vancouver where it is appropriate to use timber on a mountain bike track.