Blue Mountains "turgid" Riders Thread 10

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's looking like the 15th, so how about we lock that in.

The track is a bit raw and rougher than Appin, but I prefer it. A good mix of really technical stuff and some flowing stuff. A bit of climbing but it is all rewarded with great descending. Finish off with a great DH run leading into a flat sprint and then a 2.5km flat, flowing sprint before heading home.

Last time I took a small group out there we ended the ride after the first techy singletrack, about 10km in, with a blown fork, busted rear shock, snapped bash guard and broken rear derailleur. I like to ride the Firebird around the loop.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Ah crap, just realised that I can't do the 15th... Nor should any of the BM riders (well, those involved in BMORC anyway ;) ;)) as the 15th is when we're having our Fundrasing BBQ at Bunnings...

How's the 16th?

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fair enough.

I'm on holidays until the end of January, so I'm okay with pretty much any date. Even weekdays if you like. The 16th is good though. If we ride on the 15th as well I can point out the blood on the track from that ride on the 16th!:p

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Blood eh? Sounds like some fun trails ;)

So, is this trail of yours Firebird material or Mach4 material? (I assume you still have your Firebird). I reckon my Mach4 is good for anything up to just before full DH (which is where the DH bike comes out), but will it be OK ;) :p

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I always ride the Firebird but I've ridden the Mach 5 around it before. The down bits are just more fun on the FB.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
OK, so with one week to go, are you still good to the 16th? I'm keen to have a run on these new trails you mentioned :)

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This thread always reminds me of the golden age of the Tuesday morning ride when a lot of us could get away and hit up various rides in the mtns. Ride lazzo, then get an apple pie at Lawson... how good was life in the olden days.

hathill

Likes Dirt
No pie shop now!

This thread always reminds me of the golden age of the Tuesday morning ride when a lot of us could get away and hit up various rides in the mtns. Ride lazzo, then get an apple pie at Lawson... how good was life in the olden days.
Mog - Very difficult to relive the golden age when Lawson cake shop has been flattened - Does anyone know if it's opening up again?

Toxic

Likes Dirt
It should be opening again in the next few weeks. I'll try to remember to post when it does. It will be in that new complex of shops with the First National Real Estate, pretty much behind where it was before.

hathill

Likes Dirt
Thanks

It should be opening again in the next few weeks. I'll try to remember to post when it does. It will be in that new complex of shops with the First National Real Estate, pretty much behind where it was before.
Thanks Toxic.

hathill

Likes Dirt
Saw a sign saying "Opening Monday".