WSMTB round 2 this Sunday, 3rd April

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
so who's in?

had about 110 riders across the grades last round, which is about the norm

also had more people riding in A and B grade too instead of sandbagging it up in C grade!!

PrOd

Likes Dirt
Been a while since I did an XC round but think I'll come out on Sunday.

How is the track at the moment?

...and how many people are going to forget about the end of daylight savings? :)

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
...and how many people are going to forget about the end of daylight savings? :)

at least a few.......

conditions here in the lower mountains are perfect, just enough rain to keep the track firm

mtb5150

Likes Dirt
I had a great time, a day of many firsts for us....

One sons first ride in U13's, the other sons first time in U15's and the first time I didnt come last in D grade!

I had 2 goals on sunday, dont come last in D grade and to go sub 60mins. Achieved both!

Last edited:

OzDirtCast

Likes Bikes
I had a great time (as always) but I have to mention that I noticed a few issues with the course markings that were a bit frustrating.

Firstly, I was one of the D-grade riders who sheepishly followed the leaders off to the left through the car park (despite pre-riding the first half of the course). Ok, my fault... but maybe a little tape in spots like this to stop confusion?

I also got stuck when you hit the tarmac down near the old house... saw a higher-grader go left here, but noticed the bunting torn down and on the ground, so went right - this was the correct way, but had to stop and work it out with a few others.

Sh$t happens I suppose and it won't stop me coming back, but it was kind of annoying to see people I race past that I'd only moments ago worked hard to overtake.

I heard a lot of others talking about going the wrong way post-race, so just wanted to share my experience... Bring on Round 3 at the awesome Springwood track!!!

Yep Frustrating

It is a race and the course could have been marked a little better.

Cant take the results too seriously when I dont know how many in my grade rode the same course as I did or rode the shorter course.

notime

Likes Dirt
I also got stuck when you hit the tarmac down near the old house... saw a higher-grader go left here, but noticed the bunting torn down and on the ground, so went right - this was the correct way, but had to stop and work it out with a few others.
Yes bit frustrating, I also lost time on my first lap waiting on the tarmac for another rider to see which way to go, then I saw where the tape broke under the tree so it was kinda obvious that it was down to the house but there where a heap of tyre tracks going left.
Also was chasing one guy up the hill outa the creek into the grassy s bends when he dissapeared only to see him on a totaly different section of track a few minutes later (no way he was that quick I had been following him since the firetrail climb). Is there a shortcut through that section somewhere???? Last year I had the exact same thing happen with another rider in the same place.

Round 3 is still mundee. But yeah round 4 will be great I love the Blue Gum Lodge track.

notime

Likes Dirt
I had a great time, a day of many firsts for us....

One sons first ride in U13's, the other sons first time in U15's and the first time I didnt come last in D grade!

I had 2 goals on sunday, dont come last in D grade and to go sub 60mins. Achieved both!
Well done! the U13's all did very well.

I had 1 son in under 13's and one in the under 10's both loved it. My 9yo will go in the Under 13's next round to try give his brother a run for his money.

mtb5150

Likes Dirt
My son didnt feel like he did well, he came last but I was glad he kept going.

I didnt ride round 1 in March, was it the same course for D grade?

mtb5150

Likes Dirt
Also wanted to congratulate all the faster riders on Sunday for their courtesy and consideration when passing. All gave good clear calls and all were patient and polite when passing.

For me the positive and considerate/friendly attitude of the MTB'ers is a massive part of the attraction for me in this sport.

Last edited: