Dubstep+ drum&bass

indica

Serial flasher
Haha, I can mix with records (no sync button) and have played with Paul Oakenfold, Carl Cox and have Grooverider dance to my sets .... no bother.

I'm sure you like Lady Gaga and deadmua5 too but that is fine.
Generally commercial taste = shit music, there is no argument there, it is a given

ozmanick

Likes Dirt
nope, i'm not the lady gaga person, or deadmau5 either but it would be fine, seriously, other people like different music, it doesn't make it crap music. Ahhhhh i would have to say Skrillex isn't exactly commercial, not yet anyway. If walked up to 20 random people, i doubt anyone of them would know Skrillex, maybe 3:20.

indica

Serial flasher
Look, enough of the shit really.
Electro stuff can be fun, I was more a fan of the breakbeat bassline stuff that died a few years a go.
Aquasky n Mastersafe had a truly great album a few years ago.

Matt H

Eats Squid
[video=youtube;ggHKrFg7jUw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggHKrFg7jUw[/video]

Dark and heavy. The sub bass on this track is ridiculous.

Hew

Likes Dirt
I just wrote out some massive argument as to why Skrillex isn't crap e.t.c. and the only thing I figured out is that I hate hipsters and all sub-genres of electro is for faggots. :)

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
1. Skrillex is shit.
2. If you have all you stuff on 2 HD's that are stolen and NO BACKUP then you are stupid (or full of shit)
3. Skrillex owns shit.
I must admit, that is the fuckin' stupidest thing you could do when it comes to being a full time producer of digital media...

GUYS, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GOOD, AND BAD MUSIC. LIKE ART, THERE IS NO RIGHT AND WRONG, ONLY WHAT YOU LIKE, AND DISLIKE. MUSIC IS SELF EXPRESSION, THERE IS NO GOOD AND BAD, NO RIGHT AND WRONG.

If people enjoy Skrillex, fuckin' good on 'em, but the point I think we are most annoyed about, is that he is labelled as DUBSTEP, and then those people who give him that label, don't truely understand what Dubstep is about, or what it is, and become uneducated about it.

The rest is irrelevant. If people post music that is a DUBSTEP SUB GENRE, don't flame them. They just want to share what they enjoy, that is the whole point of a forum, to collect and gather different views and opinions.

Hew

Likes Dirt
How old are you DD?

Where do you get off thinking you know anything about Dubstep, and more to the point, where do you get off thinking you can define a genre just like that? You read on wiki that it needs a certain Hz of wob to be classified as dub?

Do you know anything of the production of music? History of dub? Which genres did it evolve from? Which countries? Which Producers?

Last edited:

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I will definitely go and die in a hole, but atleast I won't be listening to shitstep haha.

Let me guess, you heard skrillex at creamfields? JJJ? And you don't think Skrillex is commercial, haha joke some more you fucking giraffe!

Matt H

Eats Squid
How old are you DD?

Where do you get off thinking you know anything about Dubstep, and more to the point, where do you get off thinking you can define a genre just like that? You read on wiki that it needs a certain Hz of wob to be classified as dub?

Do you know anything of the production of music? History of dub? Which genres did it evolve from? Which countries? Which Producers?
Lol, if you're going to act enlightened about dubstep, please stop calling it "dub".

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Big up for liquid!

[video=youtube;OMPqoJnZBOo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMPqoJnZBOo[/video]

ozmanick

Likes Dirt
Ahhhh guys, this was (i think) resolved last night, so no more arguing mkay? Keep our opinions to yourself please. And Downhill Domination, True.

indica

Serial flasher
Yes
Dub is reggae.
Dubstep came from the Speed Garage/ UK Garage/ Bassline/ Two-Step scene.
"dubs" - ie mixes without vocals - were played hence the adding of the name dub to step.
Hence also the resurgence somewhat of the UK Garage scene as a turn away from the incessantly wobbled crap that a lot of dubstep has become.