Soundwave Revolution (VAN HALEN!!!!!)

Joy

Likes Dirt

Van Halen, Alice Cooper, Bad Religion, Steel Panther. That's a record for the most bands I've actually wanted to see really badly at an Australian festival. So pumped!
(sorry if theres a thread already)

Dates:
Brisbane, 24th September 2011
Sydney, 25th September 2011
Melbourne, 30th September 2011
Adelaide, 1st October 2011
Perth, 3rd October 2011

The Line-up:

Headline
Van Halen

Main Stage 1
Alice Cooper
Bad Religion
Alter Bridge
All Time Low
Steel Panther

Main Stage 2
Panic! at the Disco
Hole
Sum41
Yellowcard
The Used
Hollywood Undead

Stage 3
Sisters of Mercy
Dashboard Confessional
Face to Face
D.R.U.G.S
Thursday
Story of the Year
Madina Lake
Four Year Strong
Reliant K
Set Your Goals
Hellogoodbye
Funeral for a Friend
The Pretty Reckless

Stage 4
Machine Head
Danzig
Gojira
Hatebreed
Cro-Mags
Hellyeah
Unearth
Times of Grace
Whitechapel
Kvelertak
Watain
In This Moment
Holy Grail

Stage 5
The Damned Things
Everytime I Die
The Swellers
We Are The Ocean
Skindred
Street Dogs
The Acacia Strain
Zebrahead
Framing Hanley
Attack Attack (UK)

Stage 6
Devin Townsend Project
This Providence
Black Veil Brides
The Word Alive
The Dangerous Summer
We Are the Crowd
Terrible Things
Versa Emerge
Make Do and Mend

shakes

Likes Dirt
steel panther are the shit

Machine head, Danzig and Htebreed on one stage.

I just had movement in my pants

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Steel Panther.... yeah!!! No one comes close.

Cro-Mags... wow. Haven't seen them since, well, last century. Awesome.

.....and Van Halen , great but without Mr Anthony its just not the same, I want those Van Halen harmonies.

Hope there are some spin off gigs.

floody

Wheel size expert
Van Halen
Alice Cooper
Bad Religion

Hole
Face to Face
Machine Head
Cro-Mags
The Damned Things
Zebrahead
Devin Townsend Project

^I would like to attend the above performances. Particularly the ones in bold.

GEOFF DOOM

Likes Dirt
Its seems just like soundwave, I'll be hanging out at stage 4 agian. and then of corse alice cooper and van halen!

S.

ex offender
Steel Panther, Kvelertak, Devin Townsend Project... rad! So much win.

For those unfamiliar with Kvelertak, they're a Norwegian band (name means "stranglehold" or something along those lines I think), observe exhibit A:
[video=youtube;yc_zhE9tBeg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc_zhE9tBeg[/video]

I really like that they sing in Norwegian rather than English, nice to see the viking culture retained (Mjoed means mead, as in the warm wine/beer hybrid thingy that the Vikings drank).

duck_man

Likes Dirt
Eh..

I only want to see 3 bands. With any luck they will do side shows so I don't have to deal with all the douch bags.

Macr

Likes Dirt
Yes it is cancelled. It was broadcast on the J's this afternoon. Spewin, as I wanted to see Sisters of Mercy, amongst others.

Wikid Z

Likes Dirt
You will still be able to see the bands. I understand that all the bands are still coming to oz and they are trying to organise pub like gigs for all the bands.

duck_man

Likes Dirt
If you paid attention to facebook and any music forums you would have seen this coming. There had been no updates from Aj for over a week, and the inter webz where a buzz with all the industry folk talking about it. I guess for people like me its good, as I can see the bands I want to see for a lot cheaper.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I guess I can live without Van Halen, but what about Steel Panther? Hopefully they still can tour in some form!

jayjay3032

Likes Bikes
If you paid attention to facebook and any music forums you would have seen this coming. There had been no updates from Aj for over a week, and the inter webz where a buzz with all the industry folk talking about it. I guess for people like me its good, as I can see the bands I want to see for a lot cheaper.
The guy has done his arse big time on this one so don't expect any "make up" shows to be cheap.
I'm happy it's fallen through. AJ is an absolute dick who conducts his business in a totally unprofessional way and gives zero support to local scenes.