The Gran Turismo 5/ Racing simulator Thread.

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Yeah we'll have a Rotorburn track night, good name for it too, so we'll just all join, relax, set a few hot laps, do a few statics and do some skids. It's good that you can easily change your car when your in a lobby.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah we'll have a Rotorburn track night, good name for it too, so we'll just all join, relax, set a few hot laps, do a few statics and do some skids. It's good that you can easily change your car when your in a lobby.
Yeah I'm def in for that...the playstation network is still not working is it?

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That is insane !

The Laguna race was tough for me , I just can't get comfortable on that track , dunno what it is... ?

I love the M3 CSL ( and GTR for that matter) for the exact reasons you stated. When PSN comes back up we should have a Rotorburn track night , I'll be there for sure.

Re: the Nordschleife challenge... I just did a 6:43.734 in an SLS Merc 595pp. The last bit was conservative because I was on such a good lap , I didn't want to blow it. I doubt I could cut 10 seconds off it though. I'll have another go with a 458 Italia and the R8.
The SLS is the new gullwing? 6:43 is an awesome time considering the one I've built is horrid...all it wants to do is lift wheels! :p

I def think 4wd is the ticket around the Nordschleife, I've just been mucking around with the diffs to try to get rid of the understeer!

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The SLS is the new gullwing? 6:43 is an awesome time considering the one I've built is horrid...all it wants to do is lift wheels! :p

I def think 4wd is the ticket around the Nordschleife, I've just been mucking around with the diffs to try to get rid of the understeer!
Yeah thats the one. I love it , sounds so good too. For this track I run very light spring rates and not too much damping. Its rides like a boat but otherwise it 's hard to keep it planted on a bumpy track like the Ring.

Did you read this ? I reckon its true , more noticeable on some cars than others , but worth a read.
Turns out some of the fast guys I race online with have been onto this for a while , seems it was kept quiet in some circles and a bit of a secret weapon in online racing. Now I'll only be 4 seconds a lap slower than them instead of 6 ! haha

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did you read this ? I reckon its true ,
This has totally changed the game for me, My favorite car (GT-R) always under-steered and tuning could never get rid of it. When it was sort of not there, it was unpredictable and it's always been average to drive.

Now it turns in perfectly and you can hit the gas mid corner and just haul ass outta there! I fkn love it!

Whats the best way to get cashed up? I just unlocked the Minolta and tuned it perfectly for the speedway, 39s laps, 3 1/2 minutes for 70K. Any better?

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This has totally changed the game for me, My favorite car (GT-R) always under-steered and tuning could never get rid of it. When it was sort of not there, it was unpredictable and it's always been average to drive.

Now it turns in perfectly and you can hit the gas mid corner and just haul ass outta there! I fkn love it!

Whats the best way to get cashed up? I just unlocked the Minolta and tuned it perfectly for the speedway, 39s laps, 3 1/2 minutes for 70K. Any better?
Thats like the wind yeah ? Its a good one , but the best $$$ per minute is the Indy race in American Champs. 97k for 5 laps in the American car of your choice. Corvette or Ford GT are easy winners.

Here's a handy spreadsheet for both A and B spec $$$. (Not updated , some values are old data.)

Last edited:

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah thats the one. I love it , sounds so good too. For this track I run very light spring rates and not too much damping. Its rides like a boat but otherwise it 's hard to keep it planted on a bumpy track like the Ring.

Did you read this ? I reckon its true , more noticeable on some cars than others , but worth a read.
Turns out some of the fast guys I race online with have been onto this for a while , seems it was kept quiet in some circles and a bit of a secret weapon in online racing. Now I'll only be 4 seconds a lap slower than them instead of 6 ! haha
Woah just tried that setup and it worked a treat on the R35 GTR...knocked 7 secs off my lap of the Nordschleife, down to 6:34! Stoked! Will have to try it on some other cars now!

Tried same setup on the Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro...6.29! :) I knew I could get under 6:30!

Last edited:

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I applied the setup to the SLS AMG and managed to do a 6:37, thing handles quite well!

0psi

Eats Squid
Sorry if this has been brought up (didn't feel like sifting through 47 pages) but I read that the Ferrari F1 cars can only be used in Arcade mode. Is this still the case or has that changed with an update?

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
PSN is back up and running! We should have a track session soon!

I had a go on the PSN network last night and my cars were handling really wierd! Anyone know what the go is there?

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Any race series in the pipeline?
If not is anyone keen to have some just fun but proper racing? Was online last night and had a ball, so be great to get a few more people to race with, and being from Australia always helps. :p

Add me: DiRtKing112

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Awesome, Definitely keen. Is the only car to be used the Maserati? I have seen the previous series pages and there were a few options. Just want to make sure. ;)

EDIT: Is suspension modifications allowed? The Maserati in the photo there looks to be lowered, that said it is not mentioned in the race requirements.

Last edited:

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Only Maserati GT for this series. One Make races tend to be a little more competitive and closer.

444hp
1400kg
Boot Lip and carbon bonnet

Rest is up to you. : )

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well have set a 1:55.468 in practice. Be interesting to see how it compares.
Cheers for the info too Wolf.

._._._._._.

Likes Dirt
Ah okay, will that then put the times up on the net? Yeah I was just in practice mode in GT Life. I have bettered that time now to a 1:54.7.
Nice work dude, best I've managed in maybe half hours work is 1.56.266. Online and offline have a very different level of grip, you'll lose generally ~2 seconds online compared to GT life practice.

edit: 1.55.87. Will be a fun race :)

Last edited: