Only a mother would love it

anth69

Likes Dirt
patented suspsension (thats the same principle as a giant) ? geez , after reading this and the new yeti today ive had my daily serve of marketing dribble for the day... I'm convinced bike manufacturers are designing bikes just for the sake of being different to the next guy (and claiming a percieved advantage ) you dont see this much dribble and difference of opinion with anything else that has wheels and springs on it....

ViS

Likes Dirt
I don't mind it. It looks way better in black where the strange lines aren't accentuated by the split colours.

What I don't understand is why they bow the top tube. It looks like it is so the strength is retained in one piece right down to the bottom bracket, however one of the main problems with a 29er is the limited standover. The standover halfway along that tube would be fairly high. They state it's 745mm for a large frame, but I suspect that measurement is directly over the BB, not half way along the top tube where it should be measured.

I've seen way worse designs than that. It's very "flowy".

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
however one of the main problems with a 29er is the limited standover. The standover halfway along that tube would be fairly high. They state it's 745mm for a large frame, but I suspect that measurement is directly over the BB, not half way along the top tube where it should be measured.
Only a problem if you like spending time "standing over" your bike. ;)
Problem with the whole concept of comparing bikes based on "standover" is that not all companies measure standover at the same point anyway.

ViS

Likes Dirt
Only a problem if you like spending time "standing over" your bike. ;)
Problem with the whole concept of comparing bikes based on "standover" is that not all companies measure standover at the same point anyway.
Yeah I guess.....

I prefer to straddle my bike when at the start line of a race or if I meet someone I know out on the trails and we pull over for a quick chat. I guess I could get off the bike or lean it over at an angle so as to not knacker myself, but why should I?

I don't "compare" bikes based on standover. I simply pointed out that a curve like that doesn't lend itself to a good standover height.

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't "compare" bikes based on standover. I simply pointed out that a curve like that doesn't lend itself to a good standover height.
Sorry that came out wrong.
Was not chopping you specifically, and I agree that I also like to sit on my TT too.
It was more a joke and observation.

Timmy!!!

Likes Dirt
Their website blurb describes it as "aesthetically striking". I assume that they mean "striking" as in "walloped in the face with a rotting fish".