11/12 VIC DH Series

Ian M

Likes Bikes
Australia’s biggest downhill series is ready to launch for another action packed season!

That’s right the 2011/12 VIC DH Series dates have just been released. Check them out on the VIC DH website. http://www.vicdhseries.com/article.asp?articleID=1257

The VDHS Committee are still busy working behind the scenes to fine tune all the details for each event. Keep checking back here regularly for all the latest information.

Ian

Last edited:

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pretty happy with that!

Definitely needs more rounds though!

I will be out there having a little pedal, but most likely filming it all!

Calvin M

Likes Dirt
Pretty happy with that!

Definitely needs more rounds though!

I will be out there having a little pedal, but most likely filming it all!
I think there was tomany last series and that showed with the lack or riders in the last 3 rounds. Plus the people running the series and races would be happey with a few less.

jmurphy

Likes Dirt
There is 3 good tracks in there. The rest are not even decent length or real downhill tracks. Pretty dissapointed really.

Riedy

Likes Dirt
Team Mount Beauty will be dusting off the Nationals Track for this season. Its been a few years between races....
Serious?? thats awesome !! i have ridden it since there has been work done to it and it will not dissapoint!

Also Narbethong?? where the hell is that:confused: whats the track like there?

Also i like the idea of less rounds because near the end of the season in like last 3 races yack,shep,maldon there wasn't as many riders there as compared to the start on tracks like eildon/barjarg. So keen to race at Beauty!! if nats track is being used :D

cluster

Likes Dirt
There is 3 good tracks in there. The rest are not even decent length or real downhill tracks. Pretty dissapointed really.
I guess that means you'll be winning them all then murph? ;)

looking forward to beauty for sure... and of course the rest of the series, but especially beauty.
where's narbethong? and if anyone's ridden there what's it like?

PS: 6 races is plenty enough (for my bank account, lol).

Lube

Likes Dirt
No more Baw Baw?
Good things come to those who wait, Baw Baw will be back and bigger than ever in a few years, few new DH trails and lots of XC developments!

And Murph, a race is a race, have to take whatever we can get in Victoria. It's not exactly a gravity fed state with wild race tracks..

Staunch

Eats Squid
Bit smaller than last year, but the line up looks good
Going to be hard to race with year 12 next year but I'll still try as hard as I can to come along to a few rounds.
Just wondering, can you ride Narbethong any time? If so, anyone got some info on the exact where-abouts of the track?

dw4dh

Likes Dirt
Not a bad little line up there, bit disappointing not to see Baw baw or Yackandandah, And what is Narbethong like??

nev

Squid
Narbethong is meant to be pretty good. So iv heard. Keen to check it out.
Need to get granton back.

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
[video=youtube;1g8sJw6Twag]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g8sJw6Twag[/video]
Was posted a couple of years though.

Spewing Baw Baw and Yack aren't in, they're definately my favourites. Beauty should be awesome though!

Youies clashes with Yr12 exams a bit, might be missing that one.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Narby....

Narby has had a lot of work done on it in recent times.
The shorter season is great, less travelling equals more money to spend on bikes!!!!
We have new blood across the organisation of the VDHS which is excellent to see. Hopefully some of you kids out there can get your parents more involved in your local clubs and on committees.

And those people hating on Murph, he's entitled to an opinion. There's going to be a lot of people not happy with the listed events. But there's nothing they can do about it except get involved.
A number of the venues were just not available this year. No one should complain about the venues based on this fact alone.

Bring on the new season!!!!!:D

Last edited:

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
On a positive side it's great to see Narby back on the race scene, it held some National races there a few yrs ago and it's a fun track to ride with some real fast sections, possibly the fastest bits of DH trail you can ride in Vic, nice and long too, will be a good test of fitness, skill and balls.

On the neg, I gotta say I agree with Murph and am a bit bummed with that line up as well. I realize it aint always possible to have the very best tracks in every series as clubs have to put their hands up to hold an event but no Barjarg, Yack and Baw Baw puts a big dampener on the series for me. It is an expensive weekend away and to go somewhere to race on sub par tracks is just not worth it IMO.

The negative is that these tracks are just not good enough to be considered a true test of racing DH and up too state level standards. Maldon came to the series as a emergency which was great but that hill should not have state level races on it again, look at the times from the race and you will see everyone is very close due to the lack of tech/steepness which makes for poor racing. And there are two others I wont be going to as well, even though they would be considered the best chance for me to get some good points due to the low numbers who will turn up but I aint blowing 400-500 bucks to ride and race those tracks just for points. Three rounds only for me.

Anyway, my 2c.

jmurphy

Likes Dirt
The negative is that these tracks are just not good enough to be considered a true test of racing DH and up too state level standards. Maldon came to the series as a emergency which was great but that hill should not have state level races on it again, look at the times from the race and you will see everyone is very close due to the lack of tech/steepness which makes for poor racing. And there are two others I wont be going to as well, even though they would be considered the best chance for me to get some good points due to the low numbers who will turn up but I aint blowing 400-500 bucks to ride and race those tracks just for points. Three rounds only for me.

Anyway, my 2c.
Thats exactly what I was thinking except I didnt state it that well. Indica I wasn't sooking just stating my opinion which is what this forum is about, stop trying to stir the pot! Less races is all good. Ecspecially after the massive season we just had.

James

Last edited:

Staunch

Eats Squid
Maldon came to the series as a emergency which was great but that hill should not have state level races on it again, look at the times from the race and you will see everyone is very close due to the lack of tech/steepness which makes for poor racing.
Maldon will be good if they race Rockin, much better track IMO

nev

Squid
wisey.... you need to ride the rockin track at maldon.
if you want steep and rough its a perfect track for a state round.
hopfully thats the track that will be run cause it will sort some people out.