Video makers 'post here'

yakuza857

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well today I got bored and decided to make a way to mount my flycam nano to my bike. Its designed to film my friends riding street, it wouldn’t be able to handle any sort of off road riding not that id want to risk it with my camera on the front of it. Only problem is the stem slips a tiny bit on the red/black grip from all the weight its holding. pretty good I think for a couple hours work from off cuts and spare parts:) opinions?

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How do you plan on stopping it from turning, as you would know, you normally hold with two fingers to stop it from turning at will...

yakuza857

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How do you plan on stopping it from turning, as you would know, you normally hold with two fingers to stop it from turning at will...
normally you would use it with two hands, one on handle and other to steady and control pans. the point of the mount is to not need to use two hands and still be able to control pans. so id be riding with one hand while the other is controling the camera. the point of this is just to be able to use the flycam while moving fast without having to run which shakes the camera too much even with the flycam. not sure if this works properly yet, still some little problems to fix on it.

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, ive got the exact same Flycam mate, I know how it works ;) I didn't realise you would only ride with the one arm, makes sense now, keen to see how it looks!

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
I would worry about the up and down movement because the Flycam does not get rid of up and down movement when running.. that's why you can lift it up etc etc. When it's on a fixed point like that I can imagine any bump will go through the forks into the bars and push the camera up. It will most definitely be a shit load smoother then not having anything and I'm still really keen to see how it goes seeing as I've got a glidecam but yeah. Show us!

moodybluebob

Likes Dirt
ok, i've searched through the thread, found a few good links, but i need something more.

For all you filmos out there, where do you get your licensing for music, better yet, what are your sources for creative commons, unknown bands that you have used before and are willing and anything similar to that nature.

If you're wondering why im asking. I'm creating my first full length mtb film in Brisbane, production has started and the hardest part of this whole thing is getting music that I like. I've sources numeroues sites like jamendo and CCmixter but it's like finding a needle in a haystack.

I don't need the usual "who cares they won't fine you blah blah blah" cause i simply do not want to hear it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Here is a list of legal, copy-right free artists. A lot of people/editors I know use these in edits on Youtube.

Adept
Alphabet Pony
Amaning
Approaching Nirvana
Art of Dying
Ashes Of Soma
Atlas Plug
Audio Profit
Blackmill Music
Blue Stahli
Bubbaloney
Camo &Krooked
Celldweller
CheapFiction
Chemical Vocation
Chromosome Needle
Cicada
Critical Impact
Crown The Empire
Cyantific
Damage Vault
Danny Byrd
Dariio
Deprogrammed
Digital Summer
Distrance
DJ Always
DJ FLASHLIGHT
DJ SPAWN
DJ SS
Dre TheConcept
Eartrash
Empty
Eoin O' Broin
Ephixa
Evans Blue
Feint DnB
Fivel
Greenlaw
Hadouken! (For the Masses ALBUM)
hamst3r
Her Bright Skies
High Contrast
HotMess
Hotwire
Imij
Influx UK
I Will Never Be The Same
Jess Penner
Kid Down
Kurt Hugo Schneider
Lansdowne
Lemaitre
Logistics
London Elektricity
Ludique
LVL
Make Me Famous
Matlock
MDT-Music
Medicin
memro
Moonitor
Motion Fused
Mistabishi
mutated forms
Netsky
New Zealand Shapeshifter
nexusdawn
Noisestorm
Nu:Tone
OminousVoice
ParaDice
Pre-Fight Hype
Pretty Lights
pronobozo
Psyph Morrison
Q-Project
quietstate
Rollz
Ronald Jenkees
Satellite Stories
SHE
Social Siberia
Southpaw Swagger
Spor
Squarehead
State of Mind
Styles of Beyond
Subkulture
Sugar Glyder
StanSB
The Counterfeit Junkies
The Distillery
The DNC
The Future Sound of Cambridge
The Glitch Mob
The Luna Sequence
The Qemists
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus (The Hell or High Water EP)
The Shaws
The Shiloh
Third Realm
Thomas Radman
TitanDNB
Trading Voices
Trifonic
TweakerRay
Voicians
White Comic
xXRx

Jay_Patriot

Likes Bikes
Wrote a score for and edited some random anamorphic test footage shot by Edwin Lee, Thoughts?

If you dig the score I'm freelancing..
Contact me on jb.buckley[at]bigpond.com

[video=youtube;i9f_AXIhY5I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9f_AXIhY5I&feature=related[/video]

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here is a list of legal, copy-right free artists. A lot of people/editors I know use these in edits on Youtube.

Hey mate, thanks for that very long list of muso's

I have a question though, where do you think they stand if I use their music in the background for product review videos which will be viewed on a corporate site.

i don't want to sound like a dick but,
how can i trust this list without contacting the artists personally?

Last edited:

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Hey mate, thanks for that very long list of muso's

I have a question though, where do you think they stand if I use their music in the background for product review videos which will be viewed on a corporate site.

i don't want to sound like a dick but,
how can i trust this list without contacting the artists personally?
I can't say I'd guaruntee the usage of them without being hassled, but they are copyright free on Youtube.
The list is from a highly successful and popular channel on Youtube for gaming edits, known as Hazard Cinema.
Shouldn't hurt to contact the artists if you're that fussed.

Sam.

Eats Squid
I can't say I'd guaruntee the usage of them without being hassled, but they are copyright free on Youtube.
The list is from a highly successful and popular channel on Youtube for gaming edits, known as Hazard Cinema.
Shouldn't hurt to contact the artists if you're that fussed.
I know Pretty Lights does charge a licencing fee if you want to use his music commercially.