New Unscrupulous Dealer!

petri

Likes Dirt
Hey lads,

Just finished building my new Unscrupulous Dealer HT. Got three of these made, Ben Hergot (French Ben) got a pink one (with a BMX bbkt), There's a cream colored 'Supreme Coffee' one in the shop and i scored the Burnt Orange one.

I'm super stoked to have one again, angles are a little tweaked, the bike in general is a bit longer than the last one. The orange one got me really fat, i love the color.

I'm wondering what u guys think of it. I'll try to make some Wednesday street rides with it so anyone who wants to have a session on it can.

Tell me what u think...

petri

Likes Dirt
67 degree head angle (5 inch sherman)

1012mm or 43.75' wheelbase
415-430mm or 16.4' chainstays
509mm or 20' top tube (Longer effectively)
114mm or 4.5' steerer (machined)
68mm bbkt
1.5 steerer

Cheers

petri

Likes Dirt
Daver said:
nice. not hairy which is a good sign. what is the price like?
Ta. $1200 for the frame with looong warranty. Custom options like BMX bbkt, gussets if insisted and paintjobs.

cooper

Likes Dirt
mmm sex, r u shore about the top tube though, 20 inch is fuckin short even as an actual lenght, maybe it was 590?

hell sweet though, who does em or did u bring it in and $$ whats the damage?

cheers cooper

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Not the biggest fan of the grometry.. on paper. Like the uninterupted seat tube tho.
Who built em?

petri

Likes Dirt
giant cooper said:
mmm sex, r u shore about the top tube though, 20 inch is fuckin short even as an actual lenght, maybe it was 590?

hell sweet though, who does em or did u bring it in and $$ whats the damage?

cheers cooper
It does sound short but the seat tube is quite laid back so u don't sit forward and it also leaves a bit more room to get your arse behind the seat when manualling, jumping, DHing etc...

I'm designing them myself, they are built by JB cycles www.jbcycles.com.au
Frames cost $1200. I'm only doing limited runs, it's more of a love thing.

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
But dosen't it feel short when you are standing up because of the short front to center measurement as opposed to a long effective top tube?

I am genuinely interested because other frames like the Evil Imperial and Keewww Progressor seem to be simmilar, with very short actual toptubes and slack seat tube angles, and they are then billed as "one size fits all". But as someone who is over six foot I am not convinced yet :?

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
I like it! What are the differences between this and the other one you had? I really liked that raw one that you had! :)

petri

Likes Dirt
Carlin said:
But dosen't it feel short when you are standing up because of the short front to center measurement as opposed to a long effective top tube?

I am genuinely interested because other frames like the Evil Imperial and Keewww Progressor seem to be simmilar, with very short actual toptubes and slack seat tube angles, and they are then billed as "one size fits all". But as someone who is over six foot I am not convinced yet :?
If u want to have a chat about getting one, best to PM me as the administreators don't really dig selling on public forums.So when u have time, give me a buzz.

LTR said:
I like it! What are the differences between this and the other one you had? I really liked that raw one that you had! :)
It's about 15mm longer in the front end, the seat tube is back a little more. Just more balanced for us longer dudes. Oh, i also have a much better quality painter for them now. That orange looks great in the sinlight.

fastrider gus

super huck
that looks unreal petri! looks better in the orange.. does it have more tyre clearance on the back or the same as your first one?

La pointe

Likes Dirt
Hey,
I got one of them...PINK, looks sick! We went to Kinglake on sunday to ride DH and it goes perfect, handles great, really easy to manoeuvre and is not too eavy. Great geometry. The cromoly tubes are really thick and aircraft tested so it's strong as, the guy who built knows what he is doing for sure. I'll put some pix soon...

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
petri said:
If u want to have a chat about getting one, best to PM me as the administreators don't really dig selling on public forums.So when u have time, give me a buzz.
Sorry, I wasn't necessarily talking about buying one :oops: it was more of a general question regarding geometry.

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
well my woodman still hasnt turned up.

This thing looks the goods. But. $1200?

I can understand the huge expence of making a frame in Australia and I don't mean to attack your bike, but theres so many other frame options out there, what justifies the price?

petri

Likes Dirt
Carlin said:

Ok, i get what u mean, i'm 6'2 but i generally like smallish bikes. The Dealer has a pretty slack headangle and horizontal dropouts so the length of the bike can vary quite a bit. Sitting on it feels short but out of the saddle it completely changes and the slacker headangle makes it feel alot more stable, expecially at speed. Hang the wheel back in the dropouts and u have even a more stable bike. If u run a short fork u can get the headangle back to 69degrees, maybe even more (i still have to test how short fork it likes).

j5ive said:
well my woodman still hasnt turned up.

This thing looks the goods. But. $1200?

I can understand the huge expence of making a frame in Australia and I don't mean to attack your bike, but theres so many other frame options out there, what justifies the price?
That's cool, I;m not trying to compete with other frames, i really don't give a shit how they are priced, the whole idea of a handmade CRMO frame is quality and feel.
U could build the same frame out of alloy in china and it will be a totally different bike. CRMO has a special feel to it, it's springy and when u combine that with angles that you already like, it just up's the quality of the ride. I'm planning on doing alloy Dealer frames in the future, but for now i want to get the CRMO ones as nice (or as most of us would say..noice) as possible before i produce a cheaper one.

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
You might not want to compete with other frames, but customers are definatly going to compair when it comes to the crunch. Steel is an awsome ride, Agreeed- but .243s are steel, so are dmrs- not exactly luxurious bikes, but at half the price- why buy yours? I mean I totally dig the bike, but if it wasn't for the 1.5 headtube- I wouldnt look twice at purchase as there is so many more economical options out there.

Sorry to look on the dull side of things. :eek:

petri

Likes Dirt
j5ive said:
You might not want to compete with other frames, but customers are definatly going to compair when it comes to the crunch. Steel is an awsome ride, Agreeed- but .243s are steel, so are dmrs- not exactly luxurious bikes, but at half the price- why buy yours? I mean I totally dig the bike, but if it wasn't for the 1.5 headtube- I wouldnt look twice at purchase as there is so many more economical options out there.

Sorry to look on the dull side of things. :eek:
No Stress, a .243 or DMR don't compare to the quality if the Dealer frame. DMR's are nice but they are still mass produced and i've seen heaps of them break (Clean in half, not just a crack). U said that DMR's and .243 aren't exactly luxurious bikes, that's exactly what i'm on about. If u want the goods, usually is costs a bit to make it.

U can buy a Banshee Morphine for similar $ as the Dealer frame, there are heaps of those out there. People will spend the money if they know what they want. If u are only concerned with economy, then a .243 might be the way to go, but as i previously said, i'm not currently interested im making a cheap bike, i'm making them for the love of having a choice frame.