The hardtail riding thread

josher

Squid
Rad man we should ride next weekend then! Unless you want to ride tomorrow? I don't drive so somewhere semi close to the train line would be awesome.

I went for my first ride today and it felt so awkward, deffinately not used to such a high bb. It rides very smooth though. Ill get some pictures tomorrow when I ride again.

umm where abouts in sydney are you? i dont drive either so if you want to ride thornleigh, chatswood or maybe castle cove djs that would be sweet. ill be riding tomorrow anyway so yeah, let me know

if your from further south thats no problem we could go somewhere we can both get to without much hassle

Last edited:

josher

Squid
I'm from Epping so it's pretty close to all of that. I'm keen on riding where ever. I've ridden the Thornleigh and Chatswood park before. Pretty decent, I rode this park over in Dulwich Hill it was the best i've ridden here. Just a bit of a trek though. Let me know where you want to ride. I'll pm you my number you can text me or whatever.

Staunch

Eats Squid
Due to VCE been riding heaps more street and park lately.
Been really committing and trying to learn tricks after about 2 years of just having a hardtail to muck around with. Got things like 3s and that down, having trouble with footjam's though. Can do them on flat but struggle to stick em on a steep bank or something, can't hop back in big enough to make it clean. Any advice?

lean forward when you hop back in and leave your back wheel over the bank, and try to get your front wheel maybe a few cm out of the bank. also hop high when going into it, its easier when you get your foot into the fork before you land (also looks a lot better)

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lets play a guessing game. Out of 36, guess how many spokes do you think are not doing their job or missing altogether in my back wheel?

Think of a number and the answer will be revealed through the handy link below.

handy link

yay!

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha, damn man. does it flex like crazy or not?
Meh, I've been trying wallrides to 180 more recently and the flex on landing is a bit off putting especially considering my mildly low pressure in folding DTH. But it's fine.

I was trying tailwhips yesterday and that fucked it completely. So i put the spare wheel on.

Tailwhips are actually sort of getting somewhere. Rotation is easy, catching the bastard is annoying. Trying them out of a bank, because I'm a weirdo and find flyout harder.

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haha impressive effort, tailwhips kill rear wheels, so do wall ride 180's

Anyone up for a ride tomorrow? (Friday)

Haha impressive effort, tailwhips kill rear wheels, so do wall ride 180's

Anyone up for a ride tomorrow? (Friday)
im going to castle cove in the arvo, i may go ride street later. i know a good spot near hell on wheels thats pretty fun. ledges and banks/wallrides everywhere!

and nat i also find flyout harder. i can 3 out of a bank pretty consistently now but cant even get close on a flyout.

christian i think a few spokes missing is the least of your problems with that wheel haha

Last edited:

NorcoManik

Likes Bikes
im going to castle cove in the arvo, i may go ride street later. i know a good spot near hell on wheels thats pretty fun. ledges and banks/wallrides everywhere!

and nat i also find flyout harder. i can 3 out of a bank pretty consistently now but cant even get close on a flyout.

christian i think a few spokes missing is the least of your problems with that wheel haha
the wheel is dead, and there is no denying it. keeping it as a spare though... Still keen to ride Castle Cove Sat? Depending if my spokes came in from CRC i might go to hell on wheels either sat or sunday to get my bike blingified. good times

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pic of my bike.

Blinged out to the max, Sweet ride
ah, while it sure is a nice bike, this is the dirt jumping/4x/street section, front brake and gears? get outta here! :p

tho the thread title i guess could be a little bit miss leading.

try the xc section!

castle cove is super fun on saturdays :) vid by tommy gardiner. i hadnt ridden dirt in a very long time up until 3 weeks ago, feels good to get back into it. the big set is now in prime condition which is sick.

[video=vimeo;31663838]http://vimeo.com/31663838[/video]

also, anyone have tips for hop 3s? i cant keep my feet on.