Fat Bikes

gcouyant

Farkin Advertiser
There were no fatbikes in sight when I was on the Simpson Desert Challenge in 2000.

There were at least nine last year. Though I reckon most would have preferred 6 inches of silky smooth suspension over all of the endless corrugations of the Anne Beadell (alternative location due to a decidedly moist Simpson Desert in 2010).....

And one that spent most of the trip in the bike carrier.....

The corrugations above are pretty much a hallmark of the Anne Beadell.

If people are interested in the Simpson Desert Challenge, there's a good thread here.

struggles

Likes Dirt
They look to be the bike of choice of now days.

My mate came third in 2000 on a $600 steel Diamond Back with toeclips and running shoes.

rone

Eats Squid
I just spent all afternoon reading up on these and now believe that I need to add a 1x9 Pugsley to my collection.

DW-1

Dirt Works
$2299 but Elvis could be nicer to us all ;)
well I (via your local dealer) can offer 10% off for entrants in the 2011 Simpson Desert Bike Challenge.

And yes, I have access to the "live" entry list. So I know if you've actually entered. :p

Elvis.

Last edited:

lordflog

Likes Dirt
I'd be surprised if you weren't in the market for another soon QZ. Your eldest looks pretty attached to that bike.... What's with all the gears though??

QZ13

Likes Dirt
I'd be surprised if you weren't in the market for another soon QZ. Your eldest looks pretty attached to that bike.... What's with all the gears though??
The idea of 2 was floated by him yesterday but the Finance Minister is yet to be cc'd.

Visions of big days in the Barringtons in the near future might need some buttons so...pi11 and I will share the wine load

It was new Dirt Crew member (and NSW sales guy) dynamite Doug.
Which parts of NSW does he hide in? Or is he like a secret shopper just checking up on everyone?

DW-1

Dirt Works
Which parts of NSW does he hide in? Or is he like a secret shopper just checking up on everyone?
he's only been hitting stores since the new year. He was up Newcastle/Maitland/Central Coast way last week. (for example)

Elvis.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Well it looks like this is the place to post this up. I Got my LBS to get me in a run out Salsa Mukluk and took it straight to the powdercoaters for dose of orangeness, i have about 6 rides on it now including 3 laps of the KONA 24 track at the weekend, a little bit slower than my 29er but not by a massive amount. Its built up with a few heavy parts and is sitting at 15.4kg (33.9lb), the BB7 brakes, Hussefelt crank + BB and has currently got 2 x 520g tubes fitted, i will attempt tubeless later this week. This is the best fun i have had on a bike in a long time.

First ride

gcouyant

Farkin Advertiser
Well it looks like this is the place to post this up. I Got my LBS to get me in a run out Salsa Mukluk and took it straight to the powdercoaters for dose of orangeness,
Billy that looks sensational of course!

Hey someone pinched two of your chain rings...