When scooter kids grow up....

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Imagine that hooked up to a couple trail dogs ... I reckon that would be fun ... and even better, brakes wouldn't really help as the dogs would just pull you over the bars :)

Fisher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There's a guy who brings on of these into work and I've worked on it a couple of times. Weird contraption.
Although he uses his for land sledding (probably not what it's called). He hooks a team of dogs up to the front of it and they race around like you would sledding in the snow.

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Reminds me of coasting down the first straight at the highland fling, hundreds of bike coasting, pedaling lightly flying past the unicyclist pedaling his freckle out and not getting anywhere. Those scooter goons were working while the bikes are cruising being held up at the back.

Seems like a good idea at the time, until you get about 30sec into the ride and you realize that a PROPER bike is soo much better.

Who has/had the sig with: if your parents bought a bike they love you, if you got a scooter you're adopted.

Last edited:

JP

Likes Dirt
Using those things with a dog team out front is a sport. Dodgy Euro's are into it I think. I've had a go on one and my legs were farkin wrecked for days after!

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Using those things with a dog team out front is a sport. Dodgy Euro's are into it I think. I've had a go on one and my legs were farkin wrecked for days after!
summer training for the Iditarod ... but I thought they used trikes / chariots ...

I'd have a go of that ... although the pups must get hot innit

Trigger02

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I lose it when the kids want to bring the schooter and leave the bike at home. I almost smack them lol

jonny the boy

Likes Dirt
Note to potential future salespeople of these whacked out contraptions. Scooters = perpetually gay. the wierder the better it seems. rant over

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
summer training for the Iditarod ... but I thought they used trikes / chariots ...
Iditarod teams are 14 or more dogs, and anyone racing would have a much larger kennel to train. In aus where access to snow is much more limited races are done on scooters for 1-2 dogs and chariot type rigs for larger teams. All god fun, dogs go nuts waiting to run.