Giant Anthem riders don't smile

indica

Serial flasher
So I went to watch the Atherton 8 hour today.
Great weather, great venue, stellar tracks.
There was a big turn out for the race too, over 200 entries from what i understand.
Wife and kids and I rode some fireroad and interlinking tracks to watch and cheer. Most people smiled, laughed and were genuinely surprised and happy to have someone cheering.
One guy even said hi and was nice enough to crash in front of us. :clap2:

NOT ONE rider of an Anthem smiled or even looked our way.
Must have been road riders.

Psyloman

Likes Dirt
must be people with no friends, which is usually the case with giant riders.
Either that or they were to scared to say hello just in case there frame broke again

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
So I went to watch the Atherton 8 hour today.
Great weather, great venue, stellar tracks.
There was a big turn out for the race too, over 200 entries from what i understand.
Wife and kids and I rode some fireroad and interlinking tracks to watch and cheer. Most people smiled, laughed and were genuinely surprised and happy to have someone cheering.
One guy even said hi and was nice enough to crash in front of us. :clap2:

maybe they dont want to make eye contact with the partner of their mistress?

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
You did a track-side survey of who was friendly and what bike they were riding?

Sounds like you need to get a life.

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That would be just plain strange. Things I could say...
Anthem riders are there to win, everyone else is there to have fun...
or
So many people own Giant bikes that the Anthem riders were sick of having to say hello to every Giant rider cheering them on ????
or
if I continue I'll just keep making silly things up

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Since I have started riding a road bike I notice that I smile less, and I am just all-round more of a dick.

I like to look at my reflection in shop windows as I roll past and check that my 'Ice-Man' face is on, and that I still look as hard as I feel. Yep, still hard.
When I blitz the cycleway in my XXXL team kit I know the chixdiggit.
I have also noticed that I count the grams of my bikes components now even though I am 20 kilos overweight.
Because a lighter bike is all that counts when I'm a sippin' my latte' at the Cafe' and the other riders see my steed leaned up against the table. They be hatin'.
Just this morning, when I got dressed for my morning road ride I kicked my cat. Don't know why. But it did suit my Ice-Man look.

I like being a roadie, because now I can get on the mountain bike forums and know that I am better than all of you.
(Insert harmonix smashing gu's at his computer desk and massaging his cyborg like thighs with baby oil :crazy: )

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
So many people own Giant bikes that the Anthem riders were sick of having to say hello to every Giant rider cheering them on ????
Y'know this is funny because it happened to me the other day. A guy on the same brand of bike rode past me the other day in the opposite direction and as I saw him and made eye contact he tapped on his top tube, pointed to my bike and did a sort of Contadoresque pistol finger thing as if to cement our unspoken brand-brotherhood.

Yep, there are more than one of the same bike around mate.

Knut

Troll hunter
He might have been suggesting that he take you for a dink down to the park, you on his top tube. Roadies can get like that. Glad to hear you kept riding.

ADD

Likes Dirt
Must be the locality not the type of bike. I see plenty of guys on Anthems at the youies and they always say G'day.

I've just started riding road and everyone says g'day there too. Maybe you just look like an unfriendly feral c$&@ so no one wants to say hi to you.
You're rotorburn rants do not disprove of this that's for sure.

strezd

Likes Bikes
Must be the locality not the type of bike. I see plenty of guys on Anthems at the youies and they always say G'day.

I've just started riding road and everyone says g'day there too. Maybe you just look like an unfriendly feral c$&@ so no one wants to say hi to you.
You're rotorburn rants do not disprove of this that's for sure.
Weird they always say G'day and not hi or hello or just nod.
Maybe its the same guy.

Knut

Troll hunter
A few of my mates ride Giants. I still have friends in Cairns. These are all happy people. You might be looking a little too hard into this one Indi. Who gives a shit anyways, they were riding.

indica

Serial flasher
Gawd, some of you need a sense of humour, while it did happen I was having a laugh with the post.
:eek:hwell: