I love stupid housemates!!!

jimiemick

Squid
So I have recently moved back in to my own house a few weeks ago. Had some bills come in so i ruffly guessed how much each person who lived or used to live here owed, Sent out messages saying how much each person owed.
Only to get an abusive phone call from one of the girls saying how can it be this much bla bla bla, Of which i told her how i figured it out. She then tried to tell me she moved out 2 weeks before she actually did. So i said ok I will work it all out and let you know

so again i just dotted some numbers down her origional $105 worth of bills went to $123 Then i got another abusive msg saying that it was bull shit and to email a copy of the bills through

I did the right thing i scanned the bills and decided to work it out 100% properly figuring out the exact day that her and her boyfriend had moved out and to it 100% and checking my numbers 3 times.... The total amount that they owed then ended up being $167.34!

I am yet to hear back from her...

Another housemate then complains about saying "well you have been home for 2 weeks with the heater on"
I have been off work alot yes this is true, but most of my time has been spent outside or at my parents place, and the heater is set to 16deg when i am home
Yet the amount of times i get home she has the house at a nice 22deg and she is in bed with blankets..... also the 40min it takes her to get ready in the morning she turns it from 14deg ( which is what we leave it on over night as not to freeze to death) up to 20. the amount of energy/gas that is used in that time is more than it would take for an entire day of the house at 16deg..

Common sense is starting to get very rare now days!

End rant lol

jimiemick

Squid
It just goes to show tho, My mate who has lived in my house for 2years just says yea what ever let me know.. and pays it

Its always the females who kick up a stink!

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
This is why I live alone.
Quoted for truth, its also not to bad when you live with a mrs/mr/partner as generally they be amendable to to keeping the bills sensible, by turning off the power and all that shit.

I do not miss living with other people. Best thing with a tight house mate who always argues about their share of the bill, is sneak onto their phone at night, ring one of the naughty numbers, tell the sheila to keep it going as you have a fetish about not speaking on the phone, and give them a $2000 monthly bill. Don't get caught, they'll go nuts.

rone

Eats Squid
As a general rule, you should never share-house with women. You do not need that amount of stress outside of work.

Matt H

Eats Squid
One of my housemates was a huge stoner who just moved out after 4 months. Her nightly routine involved coming home from work, have a few cones, cook up some stupid meal in the kitchen using about 3x more dishes than necessary, go eat in the lounge, smoke more, green out on the couch and then completely forget about the clusterfuck of mess she'd made. She moved out 2 days ago and left the kitchen COVERED in dirty dishes. I was absolutely furious when I found out - some people really have no fucking respect.

mason33

Likes Dirt
As a general rule, you should never share-house with women. You do not need that amount of stress outside of work.
This is so true, if you're not getting payment :eyebrows: in return you're just putting yourself through hell unnecessarily.

rb baby

Likes Dirt
I shared with a few women once when I was not involved with any of them and once whilst being in a relationship with one of them... I do not wish too live with another female again wether it's in a relationship or not !
I drew the line when theY didn't buy toilet paper but would cart a box of tissues with them from their bedrooms... I could only last a few days in this stand off where I thought it possible to just get of the shitter and have a shower hahaha it's true, it happened...

I am now 33yrs old and paying the bank a small sum every month to own my property one day, I live with two other guys one is my brother and the other is a close mate, their rent is very cheap probably the cheapest in town but it works for all of us and there is never any arguments over who owes how much for what because I would simply tell them too fuck off and find a better deal but because we are men we understand that it's a good setup so nobody rocks the boat so to speak.

I'd say good luck getting any money out of that tart, save yourself that trouble and only talk too your mate, if he is a mate he would be there on pay day with the dollars and a box as a good gesture as to not burn his bridges for times further down the track when he may need a place too crash...

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just spent a year living with a woman who was ten years older than me. Never again, I could compile a book of all the shit I put up with. An example, she would get absolutely furious at me if I walked in the house (polished floors) even though I only wear volleys but it's fine to clomp through the house in high heels chasing her dog. Then she had the hide to tell me that the floors are scratched from me wheeling my DH bike through the house and the repair bill will be coming our of my bond. Let's just say I made her privy to some hard truths about herself before I moved.

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I lived in a big share house when I was younger. One of the guys was a Fijian Indian who was hilarious. He was the only one who used to cook and got sick of one the guys always trying to bum food off him, so he cooked up a curry from hell and offered some to old mate. Old mate never bugged him again.

Came home one day before everyone else to the sound of him laughing hysterically and absolutely nothing else. Complete silence and he was nearly dying. Walked into lounge room to see him watching Mr. Bean.

Turns out he had never seen it before....

driftking

Wheel size expert
There is a thread on here about tightarse ways to save money.
I remember one user said that his room mate used to poo in the shower and push it through the drain with his toes to save money on toilet paper hahah.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
I remember one user said that his room mate used to poo in the shower and push it through the drain with his toes to save money on toilet paper hahah.
Yeah, I sent the link for that thread to all my non-MTB friends, the shower shit'er certainly won the gold medal, along with the nasty sister who 'forgot' her purse.

rb baby

Likes Dirt
A hahahahaha winner !

I'm crying rite now !

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Some sharehouse moments

*Edit* Just saw the above post. That was me.

- A flatmate once told me after living with him for a year "I never ever shit in the toilet, I just crap in the shower and push it down the hole with my big toe"

- Our house-broom went missing, so I purchased a new one. A month later I found it in my flatmates room and he informed me "Sorry dude. I used it to pleasure my girlfriend and didn't want you guys using it afterwards so I hid it in my room".

- A flatmate owed me $20, so I asked him for it on payday. He went into his room to get it for me, closed the bedroom door and turned on his stereo nice and loud and locked his door. After five minutes of me banging on his door I went around to his bedroom window. His window was open and he had climbed out and ran away. Didn't come back for two days. Never got my $20.

- One flatmate used to cook milkmeat. Mince meat boiled in a pot of milk. Stank like ass.

- Another flatmate had the worst hygiene you could imagine. He smelled like sour cream and ash tray. It used to sting my nose. Anyway, I lived with him for a year, and he never changed his sheets, or washed them once. Not once. I was chatting to his previous flatmate who lived with him for two years and told me that he never washed the same set of sheets for the whole two years.
I told the dirty fucker to wash his damn sheets because they stnk the house out and the bastard snuck them in with MY washing when I was doing a load. I got crabs.

- One flatmate used to pay rent. We'd all give him the money and he'd go and pay it. Turns out he wasn't paying rent, he was spending the money on pokies and beer and pot and he was getting the 'Notice of overdue rent' letters and destroying them so we wouldn't find out. We found out and bailed him up, he left and never saw him again. Left all his shit too. So we had a big bonfire in the back yard and burned all his stuff.

- I once lived in a house with no furniture because we got out power cut off and had no heating so we had to smash it all up and burn it in the fireplace. Surprising too, a whole house of furniture (beds, tables, chairs, the lot) only lasted us about a week.

- I lived with a vegetarian that had a rule that I couldn't have meat in the house, couldn't cook it in the house, total ban.
I came home one day with half a bbq chook and the bastard insisted I ate it outside. It was raining. I sat on the steps at the back door as there was a bit of shelter there and I hear "Dude, I can smell the death coming into the house. Get that shit away. Are you sitting on the steps" To which I reply "Yeah, piss off. I'll go eat it in the garage" To which he replies "No you won't, I use that space too". I scoffed my chicken in the rain and went back inside.
A week later I get home and he is there with his new girlfriend cooking her a steak in the kitchen! Unbelievable!

- One flatmate used to wear my clothes when all his got dirty and he couldn't be assed washing his and he would try and convince me 'Nah man, this is my Megadeth T-Shirt, it's always been mine' even though it had paint stains on the collar from a job I had done.

- The same flatmate used to have loud sex. Real loud. Him and his GF, all night, every night. Wall shaking, screaming, cupboard rattling noise. The worst bit was he sometimes used to sing Manowar to her while they were romping.

There are many many more but I think I'll stop now. Got a movie to watch.

Last edited:

driftking

Wheel size expert
Harmonix's hahaha that just cheered me up so much. You have lived with some pretty shabby house mates.....did you eventually find a good one?

Joy

Likes Dirt
:madgrin:
- The same flatmate used to have loud sex. Real loud. Him and his GF, all night, every night. Wall shaking, screaming, cupboard rattling noise. The worst bit was he sometimes used to sing Manowar to her while they were romping.
Amazing.

I live with a girl who gives herself haircuts in the bathroom and leaves hair EVERYWHERE. It'll stay there for weeks before she thinks about cleaning it up. Her boyfriend is a metal head who also has long hair and stays over a lot. He likes to leave a gigantic hairball in the corner of the shower. It also stays there for weeks and ends up covered in mould.

I live with 2 smokers at the moment. Fuck they are the absolute WORST. They're only allowed to smoke outside but they still manage to wreck everything. Cig butts, cig packets, tobacco pouches, filters, filter bags, rollies, rollie packets, ash everywhere, half finished beer bottles full of cig butts and the smell wafting into the unit most of the time anyway. I always say a smoker could never get away with a crime because they are just incapable of going anywhere without leaving a trail of destruction behind them