Women, etc.

downhillar

Likes Dirt
I eneded up with a Star Wars (see previous posts) iPhone cover, a Jb Hifi gift card and a bottle of Tequila. Again, she's my friend. We have been for a few years, it was just the start of this year that things got serious. Sure, if she said that she'd broken up with her boyrfriend and realised that I'm the guy for her, then I'd be trying to persue a relationship but as far as everything goes at the moment, we're simply friends.

Unfortunately I'm going to miss the party (pretty much just going out to the local pub) so there wont be any fighting nor jumping through windows done by me.
The present sounds perfect mate, enough to show that you know her and care about her but also shows your fun side and won't put you in the bad books with her boyfriend :)

It sucks that she is taken, but for now I think you should try to move on and meet other girls. There are literally billions of them out there, and if there are bound to be a lot that will make you just as happy if not more happy than this girl. It's really hard, I understand that, I've been through it multiple times, but unless you're willing to risk it all like someone suggest earlier (which is probably not a bad idea, just depends how you want to go about it), I think it's best you keep her as a friend and keep looking around. I promise you that you will find many other girls out there that will make you just as happy.

Good luck mate :)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I eneded up with a Star Wars (see previous posts) iPhone cover, a Jb Hifi gift card and a bottle of Tequila. Again, she's my friend. We have been for a few years, it was just the start of this year that things got serious. Sure, if she said that she'd broken up with her boyrfriend and realised that I'm the guy for her, then I'd be trying to persue a relationship but as far as everything goes at the moment, we're simply friends.

Unfortunately I'm going to miss the party (pretty much just going out to the local pub) so there wont be any fighting nor jumping through windows done by me.
I'd be stoked with that present, good job. ;)
I'm sure this has crossed your mind and you may be resisting the thoughts because she has a boyfriend but I reckon you're in denial and deep down you want this bird bad. Go to the party, take the jewellery box, rough her up a little then nail that window. What could possibly go wrong?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
trouble with that is the courts cannot order someone to go into rehab.
They most definitely can. Things like attendance at counselling/rehabilitation programs etc are quite common terms of sentencing.

For example an x year suspended sentence for growing saleable quantities of marijuana with conditions that she attend counselling sessions x times per week and goes to a rehab clinic for x period of time. Contravene the conditions of the suspended sentence and go to gaol.

Alternatively plead mental illness as a mitigating factor in your culpability and be committed to a hospital until such time as the docs think you're good to go home.

It's a shit situation, V, but the reality has to be that you dob her in. Tell your mate, too. He'll probably lose his shit initially but he'll come round once he realises the way it improves his life. To be fair though it sounds like he could benefit from some time with a psychologist, too.

markb84

Likes Dirt
Go to the party, take the jewellery box, rough her up a little then nail that window. What could possibly go wrong?
Regardless whether you assault your intended lady and take a dive out of a 7th floor window or not, I agree with Dozer, go to the party, hand deliver the present, then eithr stay or leave. But you should turn up, especially if she's a friend.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Go to the party, take the jewellery box, rough her up a little then nail that window. What could possibly go wrong?
And even if this doesn't get said birthday girl.
Nailing that window will have the ladies coming from every direction

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They most definitely can. Things like attendance at counselling/rehabilitation programs etc are quite common terms of sentencing.

For example an x year suspended sentence for growing saleable quantities of marijuana with conditions that she attend counselling sessions x times per week and goes to a rehab clinic for x period of time. Contravene the conditions of the suspended sentence and go to gaol.

Alternatively plead mental illness as a mitigating factor in your culpability and be committed to a hospital until such time as the docs think you're good to go home.

It's a shit situation, V, but the reality has to be that you dob her in. Tell your mate, too. He'll probably lose his shit initially but he'll come round once he realises the way it improves his life. To be fair though it sounds like he could benefit from some time with a psychologist, too.
Not to mention that there is a kid involved. Her behaviour is pretty likely to be influencing their development and welfare too.

Knut

Troll hunter
Yes you should turn up. Even if we all backed you on your next big thing.

Plenty more books in the library, next one's got a better story to tell.

And even if this doesn't get said birthday girl.
Nailing that window will have the ladies coming from every direction
There's hot nurses, right?

I'm off to see her today, which is her birthday so although I'll miss going to the pub tomorrow, I'll at least get to hand deliver her present. The worst part about all this though, is that when I'm around there, all I'm going to think about is which window would be the best to jump out of.

markb84

Likes Dirt
all I'm going to think about is which window would be the best to jump out of.
It's simple really, you need a decent run up so you can hit it with speed.

MAKE SURE IT ISN'T RE-ENFORCED OR DOUBLE GLAZED OR YOU'LL BE IN TROUBLE

Ideally a grass or bush landing to reduce the effect of the glass; gravel or concrete will compound the issue and increase the damage, to really make an impression you need to be able to walk away, even if you only walk out of sight before dialling triple 0 and falling to the floor gently sobbing whilst a small pool of blood forms around you.

Just got back home. She loved the present and I didn't once think of leaping through any glass. Thanks for everyones help and I daresay I'll be back for more advice in the future.

bardynt

Back in his day.....
arghh women they are over the place

ask her if she goes saying she barely does anything cause she has to save for this and that

so wondering if the type to get the guy to pay for everything 100% of the time then complain when she has no money when she spends 400 on purse and shoes leaving her broke

question is do i go after a chick like that or find one less money grubbing

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys,
Im here faced with a decision. and im hoping that you guys can give me some help/guidance.
So the story goes that im still a young one, and i have two main groups of female friends, and the time has come for me to pretty much choose what one i want to be close too and stay friends with after this year.
My problem is that they are almost completely opposite to each other, you have the girls that go out every weekend and drink whenever/wherever they can. And then you got the group of girls that are chilled, pretty smart and they are the sort that would be at home doing homework on a Friday or Saturday night. I thought i would just pick the one i have most in common with, but i have heaps in common with both, i feel like i have the memorable sort of nights with those friends that i go out with, but it could lead me down the wrong path ( We do end up doing a lot of bad things).
Im just stuck for who to pick.

sounds pretty silly. but if i want to stay close to one group i have to move schools, if i want to stay close to the other i stay.
As much as I love going out and getting absolutely blind (I even work in a club), if it were me, I'd pick the chilled, smart ones. Intelligence does a lot for me and I like to think of myself as pretty knowledgeable so it's cool when I can actually talk to a girl and use my natural vocabulary rather than dumbing it down. But that's just my opinion.

Pick the group that does what you prefer doing. Maybe those girls doen't go out on the weekend because they have no one to go with, or are never invited. However, you said you've had more memorable nights with the party girls. You did say you get up to some mischief, but sometimes that's a good thing. As long as no one gets hurt, there's nothing wrong with a bit of fun; you might as well whilst you're still young.

Again, it's entirely up to you, but I'd be going for the smart girls. Also keep in mind what's easier for you. Moving schools can be hard.

bardynt

Back in his day.....
Hey guys,
Im here faced with a decision. and im hoping that you guys can give me some help/guidance.
So the story goes that im still a young one, and i have two main groups of female friends, and the time has come for me to pretty much choose what one i want to be close too and stay friends with after this year.
My problem is that they are almost completely opposite to each other, you have the girls that go out every weekend and drink whenever/wherever they can. And then you got the group of girls that are chilled, pretty smart and they are the sort that would be at home doing homework on a Friday or Saturday night. I thought i would just pick the one i have most in common with, but i have heaps in common with both, i feel like i have the memorable sort of nights with those friends that i go out with, but it could lead me down the wrong path ( We do end up doing a lot of bad things).
Im just stuck for who to pick.
In my exp if you want a mate who will ditch you the first sign of any guy go for party slash bad girl. i don't know any girls that party every weekend that are good girls.

were as you want the girl who is smart who will be there for you more often but less face will ditch you if a guy comes along but is a lot more reliable and smarter go for her.

But i don't see why not have both mates.

I have had mates that only go partying to town with but they most unreliable mates ever and the ones who are smart guys who would actually help you out and you did more grown up things with.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
SV, your life reads like a Frankston Bold and the Beautiful script.

Send the junkie to Guantanamo.
i should write it up and sell the scripts to Home and Away. couldn't be worse than the drivel the SIL watches.

in the end, after a fair bit of soul-searching, i did dob her in. i don't know whether it will even be followed up tho. sat my mate down and told him that in reality i was bound to report, because of child protection laws and my work. he's not happy with me. he also recognises that as a plant operator who has to pass drug tests, he can't afford for his work life to be bound up with someone who could drag him down (again) into her world. he still thinks that she's somehow a good mother despite it, ffs but i'll leave the door open for our friendship and see if he wises up.

thanks, guys. i had to be able to separate my professional duty from my personal reactions.