Women, etc.

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A photo I haven't showed many. I've got a panoramas worth of burst. This was the last set in the tent and I had to quickly delete as many photos as I could from the day as I'd filled my 8GB memory card. Was really hard to cull.draphtdive.jpg

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Hey guys,
Im here faced with a decision. and im hoping that you guys can give me some help/guidance.
So the story goes that im still a young one, and i have two main groups of female friends, and the time has come for me to pretty much choose what one i want to be close too and stay friends with after this year.
My problem is that they are almost completely opposite to each other, you have the girls that go out every weekend and drink whenever/wherever they can. And then you got the group of girls that are chilled, pretty smart and they are the sort that would be at home doing homework on a Friday or Saturday night. I thought i would just pick the one i have most in common with, but i have heaps in common with both, i feel like i have the memorable sort of nights with those friends that i go out with, but it could lead me down the wrong path ( We do end up doing a lot of bad things).
Im just stuck for who to pick.
Pick the adult group, that being the one's that stay home on weekends. No offence to the girls who go out drinking but not many things shitted me off in my late teens and early twenties than being around stupid drunk young girls who think they aren't eye candy to the half drunk stalkers cruising around. They aren't all bad girls but damn, you could be so much more than the hussy hanging out at the pub.
Library chicks mate! Go for the library chicks!

tc2233

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,
Im here faced with a decision. and im hoping that you guys can give me some help/guidance.
So the story goes that im still a young one, and i have two main groups of female friends, and the time has come for me to pretty much choose what one i want to be close too and stay friends with after this year.
My problem is that they are almost completely opposite to each other, you have the girls that go out every weekend and drink whenever/wherever they can. And then you got the group of girls that are chilled, pretty smart and they are the sort that would be at home doing homework on a Friday or Saturday night. I thought i would just pick the one i have most in common with, but i have heaps in common with both, i feel like i have the memorable sort of nights with those friends that i go out with, but it could lead me down the wrong path ( We do end up doing a lot of bad things).
Im just stuck for who to pick.
I have dated both types. Without a doubt, definately go for the smart chilled girls. Sure, the party type girls are fun to hang around with but they are pretty shallow, high maintenance and always end up stabbing you in the back when you are least expecting (like i found out).

Knut

Troll hunter
If you are a cyclist you understand that a sprinter needs a domestic. You choose which one you want to be. Someone who supports you or someone for you to support.

Party girls are easy to find. The perfect girl can take twenty years to find. You said it, if she stays home and works, she is more than likely the one to put her energy into you.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
DJNinja, is that Steady Eddy stage diving? It kind of has the look of him when he is tastefully paying out people with cerebral palsy. ;)

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for all the replies.
I had help making the decision the other night, i was out for a chilled night (no drinking) with the 'party' group.
at the start the guys said lets have a sober night. so the girls all rocked up drunk and trashed the mates place. and couldn't give a fuck the next morning.
I'm staying at my school and good friends with the 'library' group as such.
thank you for the help!

Reece.

Likes Dirt
"You cant make a hoe a housewife"

I'd stick to the smarter people, they seem like they have a future and goals they would like to reach!

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It is possible. Just be the best man humanly possible but desire that. Just be the manliest you can. Bulk up and no inhibitions.

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I photographed the most serious event I've ever been to a few nights ago (Friday). Still haven't edited the photographs and the journalist I'm taking them for is the one girl that I really desire and she currently has a boyfriend. Talking to her was very enjoyable and she is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. I've almost exclusively chased girls. Don't do that, it's a downward spiral. Mix it up a bit. Anyone want advice?

bardynt

Back in his day.....
I photographed the most serious event I've ever been to a few nights ago (Friday). Still haven't edited the photographs and the journalist I'm taking them for is the one girl that I really desire and she currently has a boyfriend. Talking to her was very enjoyable and she is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. I've almost exclusively chased girls. Don't do that, it's a downward spiral. Mix it up a bit. Anyone want advice?
dont mix business with pleasure simple

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
If anyone can find me this girl I'll give you our firstborn.
I'd wife her so hard.

If I told you I was on the defensive team for the Arizona Cardinals NFL team and could get someone to ID her going by the general admission area she's standing in would you mow my lawn for a year?

l +Jarrod+ l

Likes Dirt
Who has experience in long distance relationships? long story short...
After two weeks of dating we moved in together, our own place for 18 months. Girl moved to melbourne to pursue dream of becoming an actress. i couldn't commit to moving so far away from family, friends. Then i realised why dont i do something for me, whats my dream?
So now present time im travelling, first moving to canada in 4 weeks to snowboard which i love. no idea how long overseas ill be. Girl and i still feel really close. We've been apart for 5 months now. We dont talk much maybe a phone call every week or so

Is it worth holding on? Has anyone been apart from there partner for a long time then met back together everything being sweet? i think if you want something in life badly enough you can have it.

Any thoughts please share

VW NUT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Been with my girlfriend since Feb and all has been going really well. I broke my pelvis skiing in NZ in August and shh has been the best thing helping me get back on my feet.

She has been in Europe for 2 weeks now and it hasnt been bad but we skyped the other day and she was really upset, saying that I didnt miss her etc. I do miss her but im super glad she is on a holiday seeing all her friends etc. She was crying, saying she was upset about investing so much tim etc... I was getting a bit frustrated as she was drunk and tends to ramble on... But I dont miss her. I know she will be back for Christmas. WTF am I ment to do here???? Help a brother out!!!

tc2233

Likes Dirt
Who has experience in long distance relationships? long story short...
After two weeks of dating we moved in together, our own place for 18 months. Girl moved to melbourne to pursue dream of becoming an actress. i couldn't commit to moving so far away from family, friends. Then i realised why dont i do something for me, whats my dream?
So now present time im travelling, first moving to canada in 4 weeks to snowboard which i love. no idea how long overseas ill be. Girl and i still feel really close. We've been apart for 5 months now. We dont talk much maybe a phone call every week or so

Is it worth holding on? Has anyone been apart from there partner for a long time then met back together everything being sweet? i think if you want something in life badly enough you can have it.

Any thoughts please share
If you are only talking to her once a week, isnt that a bit of an indicator that you should move on?

l +Jarrod+ l

Likes Dirt
If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be..

At the same time it sounds like you're really keen on this girl, does she know/reciprocate these feelings?
wow well said. i guess because we split on such good terms, its leaving us heart broken. really there was nothing at all wrong with the relationship. We've left each other determined to each individually find a certain 'peace' if you'd like. but following the lonely single road is hard when your heart is still attached...

Yes she knows how i feel and vice versa. We dont need to speak often. We know and understand each other well enough to not jump to conclusions. I pray one day we can have a second chance

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
wow well said. i guess because we split on such good terms, its leaving us heart broken. really there was nothing at all wrong with the relationship. We've left each other determined to each individually find a certain 'peace' if you'd like. but following the lonely single road is hard when your heart is still attached...

Yes she knows how i feel and vice versa. We dont need to speak often. We know and understand each other well enough to not jump to conclusions. I pray one day we can have a second chance
Hmm, assuptions made: most young guys join Farkin when they are about 15, so if you joined in 2007, that makes you about 20, which stacks up with you having your own place with your girl for 18 months or so about 5 months back...

If there's "nothing wrong" but you don't have the desire to follow your girl's dream and shift to Melbourne, then although things are okay, you're not wed heart and soul to being with her. Not that I am critical of that, just trying to figure out where you're at.

Heck, I'm 40 and I'm just starting over, after leaving something that wasn't right for me (took me 15 years to find the exit and turn the doorknob). Head OS, have some fun, chase your dreams for a bit and see what happens. I can remember thinking that turning 28 would make me ancient. Now I'm 40, I don't feel that old. At 20 or thereabouts you've got your whole life ahead of you, and a 2 year relationship give or take a bit, while significant, is not a life commitment.

Life has a habit of throwing funny situations in your path, no matter if you're ready for them or not. So go live, and see what cards you get dealt... Can't put your life on hold for what might happen some time in another 3 years or so.