Yeti SB-66

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChopSticks

Banned

Yeti SB-66A
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Frame, Fork & Shock
Frame: Yeti SB-66AC (Large) Turquoise
Rear Shock: RockShox Monarch Plus RC3 Debonair (8.5"x2.5") + Fox Polymer Bushings
Fork : Rock Shox Pike 2015 RCT3 Solo Air 26" 150mm
Front Axle: Extralite Black Lock 15.4
Rear Axle : Extralite Black Lock 12.1

Drivetrain
Crankset : RaceFace Next SL 175mm
Chainring: RaceFace Direct Mount N/W 32T
Bottom Bracket: RaceFace Cinch BSA 30mm
Chain : SRAM X1 HollowPin 11spd
Pedals: Shimano XTR M9020 Trail
Rear Derailleur : SRAM X1 Type 2.1 11spd
Rear Shifter : SRAM XX1 11spd Trigger
Cassette : SRAM X01 XG1195 11spd (10-42T)
Gear Cable: Jagwire L3

Brakeset
Levers : Shimano XTR Trail M988 (L & R)
Callipers: Shimano Saint M820 (F & R) w/ Ti Bolts
Hoses : Shimano Saint SM-BH90
Front Rotor: 160mm Hope Mono Mini 2/4 SAW Floating w/ Ti Bolts
Rear Rotor : 160mm Hope Mono Mini 2/4 SAW Floating w/ Ti Bolts

Controls
Stem : Syntace Megaforce 2 (50 x -6[SUP]o[/SUP]) w/ Ti Bolts
Handlebar: Enve Riser Bar 740mm
Grip : ESI Chunky + ODI BMX Bar Plug
Headset: Cane Creek Forty
Saddle : Selle Italia SLR Titanium
Seat Post : KindShock Lev Ti 125mm x 30.9 w/ Ti Bolts & X0 remote
Seat Clamp: Tune Schraubwürger 34.9 w/ Ti Bolt

Wheels & Tyres
Front Rim: Light Bicycle Carbon 33mm Hookless AM (custom UST/TLR build)
Rear Rim : Light Bicycle Carbon 33mm Hookless AM (custom UST/TLR build)
Front Hub: Hope Pro II Evo (32H- Black) 15mm
Rear Hub : Hope Pro II Evo (32H- Black) 12 x 142mm -40T
Spokes : Pillar Bladed Aero X-TRA 1420
Front Tyre:Schwalbe HansDampf 2.35 Evo Snakeskin TL Ready TrailStar
Rear Tyre :Schwalbe Rock Razor 2.35 Evo Snakeskin TL Easy PaceStar
Tubes : Speed Evolution 48mm Alloy Valves (Black) + Stans Tire Sealant

Total Weight - 12.66 kg

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited:

ChopSticks

Banned
Big thanks to Brad from Turramurra Cycles for all the help/advice and the awesome service!

A detailed once over to make sure I didnt miss anything! and to shorten the XT hoses & steerer tube !

SOTTA

Likes Dirt
Yes! Love a Yeti in that colour. Interested in the reasoning behind such a low profile tyre choich. ??

ChopSticks

Banned
Yes! Love a Yeti in that colour. Interested in the reasoning behind such a low profile tyre choich. ??

the hope/flow wheelset was stolen from my Yeti DJ...and was set up tubelessly with the SB8's.
I'm waiting for the hole in my wallet to close/heal before I get some Racing Ralphs and Hans Dampf Tyres ...so the SB8's are staying until then!

D

Deleted member FN2187

Dream frame right there
the hope/flow wheelset was stolen from my Yeti DJ...and was set up tubelessly with the SB8's.
I'm waiting for the hole in my wallet to close/heal before I get some Racing Ralphs and Hans Dampf Tyres ...so the SB8's are staying until then!
Thank god! SB8's are only good for jumping. Rubbish as a trail tyre unless you live in Moab.

ChopSticks

Banned
Dream frame right there

Thank god! SB8's are only good for jumping. Rubbish as a trail tyre unless you live in Moab.

yehhh ! I've felt the wrath of SB8's in the wet...plenty of scars to prove !
have another set of Hope/Flows with Crossmarks/Ignitors...but I just cbf swapping over the ice tech rotors and adaptors !

Sic

Likes Dirt
Beautiful!

This makes me want to get mine built up even more now, better get those last few parts...

ChopSticks

Banned
Awesome mate!!

We need a ride report.
Did you have a reign before?
I'll try and give a ride report once I set the thing up properly ! (haven't ridden long enough and enough bikes to give a proper comparison)
but yes I've had 2 Reigns before..... 06 and an 09
now this!

Beautiful!

This makes me want to get mine built up even more now, better get those last few parts...
yehhh very eager to get those last few parts.....
first of which to arrive is my Frameskin kit which was waiting at the door while I was at work.

D

Deleted member FN2187

Good to see it finished. Looks awesome. Top marks and my vote for botm.

Yet1

Likes Dirt
Sb66

Looking good mate, love the colour! I am a few months into riding my '66 and love it.

Wondering how many SB66 owners actually mount a bottle cage there? I am considering putting one on for the Ottway Oddysey so I can have water with those electrolite tablets. Seems as though it would be difficult to access while on the go...

ChopSticks

Banned
Looking good mate, love the colour! I am a few months into riding my '66 and love it.

Wondering how many SB66 owners actually mount a bottle cage there? I am considering putting one on for the Ottway Oddysey so I can have water with those electrolite tablets. Seems as though it would be difficult to access while on the go...

thanks for the kinds words! Las much as I love it....I kinda regret not getting the carbon :(
Can you comment on the difference between the alloy and carbon ?(assuming you've tested both)

My understanding is the first prototypes/press releases of the sb didnt have any bottle cage mounts. Don't know why they ended up putting some there in the production models....

Yet1

Likes Dirt
thanks for the kinds words! Las much as I love it....I kinda regret not getting the carbon :(
Can you comment on the difference between the alloy and carbon ?(assuming you've tested both)

My understanding is the first prototypes/press releases of the sb didnt have any bottle cage mounts. Don't know why they ended up putting some there in the production models....
Yeah, havent ridden extensively on the alloy one (I test rode this before getting my carbon one) but the weight is noticible and the carbon bike is a little bit stiffer. Other than that, they are pretty much the same (an amazing bike!)

Status
Not open for further replies.