F..king summer nats

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
DIE ALREADY!.......4 days of listening to bogans drive around in nuts up commos!, see the light people...stop wasting fossil fuels.
although i would like to have shares in jack daniels and a dagwood dog factory, poor kenny!

Last edited:

dr.matt

Likes Dirt
Live in Canberra by any chance? Kind of know how you feel, living in Tamworth going to be inundated with Hicks and feral Utes cause of the country music festival....

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
DIE ALREADY!.......4 days of listening to bogans drive around in nuts up commos!, see the light people...stop wasting fossil fuels.
although i would like to have shares in jack daniels and a dagwood dog factory, poor kenny!
Canberra is so straight down the line, politically correct, "sliced white bread" about everything that summernats is a refreshing change. Take the chance to enjoy classic cars, restored or modified. 4 days a year of less than family friendly fun isn't inherently a bad thing and it is probably the only non culturally sound event in the whole Canberra calender.

And not all of them are bogans. I'm a 22 year old medical student and the only reason my car isn't entered is because I'll be be overseas. If you talk to the car owners, most of them are rough as hell and really interesting guys.

conkyd

Likes Bikes
My place backs onto Northbourne right where the burnout track is. IMO I don't care, it is 3 days of noise and then all returns to normal. Yes there are a few idiots around but the worst we have experienced was a guy pissing on our fence.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Ahhh the days of cruising northbourne ave, with a charger that wont idle, your best mate hanging browneyes out the window, your other mate inquiring if that nice girl walking in a business suit would like to perform oral sex on dopey, unshowered mate, it is what summernats is about ,is it not!

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
I tend to side with the OP.
We're fucking the planet, it's pretty obvious. Build an electric car and get solar panels if you want to waste money and resources on a car. Lets be real, it's a fricken car. and even if that is your badge of honor, you can still electrify an old car, and it'll do burnout's just fine.

But no, it's not like the old days when it was four days of rorkus rioting. It has tamed down more for the enthusiast. Still, Burn out comps, pfft where's the skill really?
and yes, Canberrans do deserve a big wake up slap in the face.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
One thing I love is hearing people's claims of how a car festival should be stopped because car's are ruining the planet. Holy Santa Claus shit, you are fucking kidding right?

wilddemon

Likes Dirt
One thing I love is hearing people's claims of how a car festival should be stopped because car's are ruining the planet. Holy Santa Claus shit, you are fucking kidding right?
pretty sure NSM said we were ruining the planet, not that cars were. I agree though. Summer Nats are outdated and promote thinking and behaviour that is less encouraged today than in the 80s (show us your tits = sexual harassment, 650 double pumpers = invade another oil rich country, etc). I like seeing a burnout or a quick quarter but the burnout comp is one smoke cloud after another and the winner is the guy that flinches less over the thought of a blown engine, blown tyres, steel belts scratching your fenders and so on. I suppose if it keeps a few dickheads from doing it every other time of the year then its a good thing, but I reckon its had its time IMO

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I went a few years ago when i was really into cars and I thought it was pretty lame...I was suprised that the amount of lebs there almost outnumbered the bogans!

willsy01

Eats Squid
This is not used enough.

10 internet points to you.

MARKL

Eats Squid
Shouldn't we practice what we preach? We want greater access to trails and facilities for our interest/passion - maybe we should be supportive of other groups doing the same thing (and not judge them for it)?

Dicko888

Likes Dirt
Some of the arguments could be used against our sport. I know people say we destroy the environment with the tracks in the bush causing erosion and spreading weeds and (this one is funny,) depositing native seeds in places they wouldn't normally be blown by winds. Then there's the argument, why do we need3,4,5 or even 10 thousand dollar bikes. You can get a huffy from big W for under 300 and it does the same job. Then we can put all the money we saved into feeding terrorist that insist on living in a fucking desert.

workmx

Banned
No ones mentioned tits yet, Whats the go?
pretty sure NSM said we were ruining the planet, not that cars were. I agree though. Summer Nats are outdated and promote thinking and behaviour that is less encouraged today than in the 80s (show us your tits = sexual harassment, 650 double pumpers = invade another oil rich country, etc). I like seeing a burnout or a quick quarter but the burnout comp is one smoke cloud after another and the winner is the guy that flinches less over the thought of a blown engine, blown tyres, steel belts scratching your fenders and so on. I suppose if it keeps a few dickheads from doing it every other time of the year then its a good thing, but I reckon its had its time IMO
10char.................

Capone

Likes Dirt
Such a Canberra thing to sook about the nats. It's 3 days pumps money into the economy and adds some colour to an otherwise grey public service landscape. Sure there are dickheads but they're at any large event however some of the cars are fantastic

XYGTHO

Likes Dirt
Yep the Nats are awesome I went years ago and plan to again in a few years. I'm 3000kms away lol. Depends on which part you associate with, the cars are pieces of art. I do strongly believe it should be completely alcohol free though. I'm a car fanatic, have a restored 1970 V8 Ford XY.

By the way most of these cars barely get driven, a grandma in her 4cyl would put out more pollution in a year. Most of these cars only get driven at these events. And it would be a massive boost o the local Canberra economy for the week.

XYGTHO

Likes Dirt
I tend to side with the OP.
We're fucking the planet, it's pretty obvious. Build an electric car and get solar panels if you want to waste money and resources on a car. Lets be real, it's a fricken car. and even if that is your badge of honor, you can still electrify an old car, and it'll do burnout's just fine.

But no, it's not like the old days when it was four days of rorkus rioting. It has tamed down more for the enthusiast. Still, Burn out comps, pfft where's the skill really?
and yes, Canberrans do deserve a big wake up slap in the face.
I disagree, not a fan of electric cars... Yet. How do you dispose of the batteries? Called cradle to grave, over the lifetime, manufacture, running, disposal... the old petrol car is probably a lot better for the environment. Now this is only my belief and not based on anything much. By the way an elec designer so you would think I'd prefer the electric.

Status
Not open for further replies.