Yarra Trails regulars

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
+1. Yarra gets a pounding when people see Lysterfield and YY's are closed. Somehow think it's OK to ride next to a flooded river. Let's not have it screwed over like last year.
I hope their drivetrains get so worn out from the sand/mud it will cost them a fortune to fix meaning they won't be riding for a while :)

I haven't been on the mtb since Mid May. Missing it but it isn't worth destroying the tracks for!

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I hope their drivetrains get so worn out from the sand/mud it will cost them a fortune to fix meaning they won't be riding for a while :)

I haven't been on the mtb since Mid May. Missing it but it isn't worth destroying the tracks for!
Its not the only place.. Anywhere within an hour or so of those two get flogged. My local was nuts on Sunday..

Big JD

Wheel size expert
ok I have sent out comms to my leather clad crew around Annusus and they will be on the lookout for MTBers riding the ST in the area.

this will be entertaining..........................................................:pop2:

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ok I have sent out comms to my leather clad crew around Annusus and they will be on the lookout for MTBers riding the ST in the area.

this will be entertaining..........................................................:pop2:
I'll get a bagging for asking, but do guys still turn up there in winter? No, I'm not interested in joining them, but it's a pretty horrid place to be out shopping in the middle of winter.

TBay

Likes Bikes
It is nuts.....unfortunately.

Rode out to Hans on the ss Sunday from Fitzroy and stuck to the bike path mostly, however I saw plenty of people
entering or exiting the single track along the way, most of whom were your run of the mill punters.
Saw one dad with three little kids coming out of bruce's as well as plenty of other parents with kids enjoying themselves
in the mud.
Its the price you pay for having such great single track smack in the middle of a city with 4 million people.
I would almost guarantee none of the people I spotted would post here on Rotorburn or even have anything to
do with an organized mountain bike event. Just mug punters out having some fun, oblivious.

Then when the sun comes out in a few months time a few people will get out and do a bit of trail maintenance and
around we'll go again.

It was great to be out though!

TBay

Likes Bikes
Oh also....
On the topic of gentlemen in the bushes
Has anyone seen any such activity out at Hans?
I came hurtling around the corner at the rocky switchback climb section out near the back of Hans
and found a couple of older blokes on the trail, one in a trench coat the other in an anorak.
I think I caught them by surprise as they seemed to scatter into the bushes as I approached.

Hope they're not moving in out there also.

Rob_74

Likes Dirt
Oh also....
On the topic of gentlemen in the bushes
Has anyone seen any such activity out at Hans?
I came hurtling around the corner at the rocky switchback climb section out near the back of Hans
and found a couple of older blokes on the trail, one in a trench coat the other in an anorak.
I think I caught them by surprise as they seemed to scatter into the bushes as I approached.

Hope they're not moving in out there also.
was one about 7 ft tall? I heard JD been off the bike? just asking :behindsofa:

moorey

call me Mia
Rob_74 there are ways of finding out who you are, where you work and where you live and no sofa will protect you.

:target::target:
He made the mistake of introducing himself to me on Sunday. Mighty mighty tall fucker, JD. Bring your A game is my advice. He has that quiet spoken manner that only those that have killed a man posess.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
It is nuts.....unfortunately.

Rode out to Hans on the ss Sunday from Fitzroy and stuck to the bike path mostly, however I saw plenty of people
entering or exiting the single track along the way, most of whom were your run of the mill punters.
Saw one dad with three little kids coming out of bruce's as well as plenty of other parents with kids enjoying themselves
in the mud.
Its the price you pay for having such great single track smack in the middle of a city with 4 million people.
I would almost guarantee none of the people I spotted would post here on Rotorburn or even have anything to
do with an organized mountain bike event. Just mug punters out having some fun, oblivious.

Then when the sun comes out in a few months time a few people will get out and do a bit of trail maintenance and
around we'll go again.

It was great to be out though!
but it aint dad and the bunch of kids out having a great time in the mud that is the concern or even the mug punter- it is the ones that know better and couldnt give a fuck and dont lift a finger to do any maintenance at any time. A group ride when the trails are in the shape they are is rude.
preaching to the converted

Walker123

Banned
ARE YOU serious boo fucking hoo awe so what get out get muddy when it dries out get a fucking shovel man up and try some labour and fix em joined up thinking was going to be some more adrenalin seekers with a bit of heart you all need a fucking soap box you softies! Surprised you can hold onto those bars with them limp wrist key board warrior hands..

GROW A SET!!

Pastavore

Eats Squid
ARE YOU serious boo fucking hoo awe so what get out get muddy when it dries out get a fucking shovel man up and try some labour and fix em joined up thinking was going to be some more adrenalin seekers with a bit of heart you all need a fucking soap box you softies! Surprised you can hold onto those bars with them limp wrist key board warrior hands..

GROW A SET!!
Hi walker, welcome to rotorburn. Unfortunately this is a forum for adults who are interested in the sport of mountain biking. May I suggest, young fellow, that you go and spend 10 years developing some maturity, intelligence, and punctuation ability, then come back and join in the fun.