Yarra Trails regulars

moorey

call me Mia
Pardon my interjection if you will, as I'm not (yet) a yarra man, but you all would have loved my 5am loop this morning with Kingsmell. I'm familiar with frosty grass and the occasional puddle, but the actual GROUND was frozen. Sounded like riding on fresh loose gravel. Opted to walk some wooden bridges, due to a thick layer of ice on them.
Looking like same for tomorrow mornings roll :love:
That is all. Get a black dog up ya.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Pardon my interjection if you will, as I'm not (yet) a yarra man, but you all would have loved my 5am loop this morning with Kingsmell. I'm familiar with frosty grass and the occasional puddle, but the actual GROUND was frozen. Sounded like riding on fresh loose gravel. Opted to walk some wooden bridges, due to a thick layer of ice on them.

more toughman points if you were you riding in just t-shirt and shorts........

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah parts this morning were crunchy on the grass!

Big JD

Wheel size expert
you could have kept Big JD company :)
cheese-dick-ahoy you are walking a thin line between pain and embarrassment. What makes you think I need company

I will be venturing out over the weekend on my new steed. "And they will know me by the trail of dead"- not really as Ive put my neck out and have been fixed in an awkward S position with my head permanently on an angle opposite to the raised shoulder and droolling mouth - seriously I look like a deranged serial pest. My osteo will sort me out- then Cheesyknob - your arse is toast.

Kingshill

Likes Dirt
Pardon my interjection if you will, as I'm not (yet) a yarra man, but you all would have loved my 5am loop this morning with Kingsmell
Ease up Moorey! You've turned all soft. Don't mention it on this thread, I don't want Big JD getting jealous!

Rob_74

Likes Dirt
Ease up Moorey! You've turned all soft. Don't mention it on this thread, I don't want Big JD getting jealous!
What is it with you bunny boys hijacking the YT thread? isnt the "its all about Moorey", and "confessions of the fuckwits" which is pretty much a dedication to moorey enough for you?
:behindsofa::behindsofa:

Kingshill

Likes Dirt
What is it with you bunny boys hijacking the YT thread? isnt the "its all about Moorey", and "confessions of the fuckwits" which is pretty much a dedication to moorey enough for you?
It's discrimination to exclude us from this thread purely based upon our geographical location. You are welcome to star on the confessions of fuckwits anytime, it's a broad church & anyone can join.

Rob_74

Likes Dirt
It's discrimination to exclude us from this thread purely based upon our geographical location. You are welcome to star on the confessions of fuckwits anytime, it's a broad church & anyone can join.
yeah i am still just a try hard fuckwit.... still waiting to step up

moorey

call me Mia
1. Where's the hijack
2. There IS no such thread. Urban legend.
3. I know what you look like and the next race you plan to attend. Sleep with one eye open.

Back on topic. Can you YT boys get working on the track drainage. I'd like to come down for a roll in the first week of school hols, and really don't want to get my tyres muddy. :rant:

Rob_74

Likes Dirt
1. Where's the hijack
2. There IS no such thread. Urban legend.
3. I know what you look like and the next race you plan to attend. Sleep with one eye open.

Back on topic. Can you YT boys get working on the track drainage. I'd like to come down for a roll in the first week of school hols, and really don't want to get my tyres muddy. :rant:
I was curious why most of the Ballarat guys had massive mud guards - you dont like mud?

moorey

call me Mia
I was curious why most of the Ballarat guys had massive mud guards - you dont like mud?
We love mud. Unlike our city cousins who hit the wind trainer in winter, we just don't like it in our teeth. I can see why they'd be a curio to you lads.
That all said, Pauls HUGE front fender on a dry track last weekend was humorous to say the least.

What loops you riding on the YT and where's my invite?

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Loving the level of discourse, we've hit new heights!

To the guys that were brave enough to front the elements early morning, I pay my respects.

Rob_74

Likes Dirt
We love mud. Unlike our city cousins who hit the wind trainer in winter, we just don't like it in our teeth. I can see why they'd be a curio to you lads.
That all said, Pauls HUGE front fender on a dry track last weekend was humorous to say the least.

What loops you riding on the YT and where's my invite?
I think JD does the inductions at annulus loop...

I will probably be heading to Hans Sunday, anywhere else i think be flamed for riding at the moment... are you expecting a personal invite? it is forecast to be frosty - shorts and tshirt weather right?...
Sunday 23 June
Summary
Min 3
Max 15
Light morning frost.

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Loving the level of discourse, we've hit new heights!

To the guys that were brave enough to front the elements early morning, I pay my respects.
Seen my pic on FB? The grass was so frozen my bike couldn't fall over and the mud was crunchy!

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think JD does the inductions at annulus loop...

I will probably be heading to Hans Sunday, anywhere else i think be flamed for riding at the moment... are you expecting a personal invite? it is forecast to be frosty - shorts and tshirt weather right?...
Sunday 23 June
Summary
Min 3
Max 15
Light morning frost.
Actually the tracks are lovely at present, at least if you take the western side of Anulus and avoid "the Somme" after the tennis courts. Should be great Sunday!