L'officiel Le Tour 2013 Thread!

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Orica Greenedge win again last night on stage #3 of the Tour de France, that’s two stages in a row!
Securing the yellow Jersey for the first time for the first ever all Aussie owned team, at the 100th Edition of the greatest sporting event in the world...

And this is the headline on the front page of news.com this morning...

untitled.JPG

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We all know anyone who rides bikes is much more intelligent than what news.com.au, dailytelegraph.com.au and disappointingly (they used to be a broadsheet :mad2:) smh.com.au's target audience is.

The only online news i respect, http://www.abc.net.au/news, does have it in a big picture in the sport section below the headlines.

C'mon OGE. Gerrans to hold yellow until he tries valiantly to keep it in stage 8. The next couple of days should see OPQ at the front chasing sprint points for Cavendish, so OGE might have it easy in yellow. Maybe Gerrans can even win in yellow in Stage 7, looks like a lumpy stage he likes.

BTW, how exciting is this tour so far?

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Disappointing for Cuddles last night. BMC should have done better with Evans, TJVG, Burghart etc.
I wonder whether there trouble with tj and cadel. Heard cadel thanking team mates but never mentions tj - I also thought would've gone way better with Marcus,cadel and tj at helm.

Poor cadel, on back foot already - I think he will try attack gain time back before last week.

Crunchy_NuT

Likes Bikes
So far so good with this tour, enjoying the late nights, not enjoying the cooking segment before live coverage ffs, and certainly not liking the alarm clock going off early for work

Pretty much mirroring what you guys already stated, but hats off to Geraint Thomas, fractured pelvis and is swinging off the cranks doing what he needs to, hindering the team a little but other people have retired from the race for littler things #someonebuythatmanabeer

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Let's hope Ted King gets to start tonight, but it's not looking promising.

Mammoth effort to do the TTT on a roadie with clipons because it hurts too much to use the TT bike, but to be 25% out by 7 seconds? Harsh. If he was French.....

ADD

Likes Dirt
My damn TBox only recorded the bit before the stage in SBS. Spewing. I was looking forward to coming home from work and watching.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Let's hope Ted King gets to start tonight, but it's not looking promising.

Mammoth effort to do the TTT on a roadie with clipons because it hurts too much to use the TT bike, but to be 25% out by 7 seconds? Harsh. If he was French.....
Geraint Thomas seemed to make the time cut off with a fractured pelvis.

TMLS1

Likes Dirt
You can watch the highlights on SBS On Demand very handy, I've been watching on the xbox and big screen now instead of the ipad in the morning:

Where can I access SBS On Demand?

SBS On Demand is currently available on the following platforms:
Online at www.sbs.com.au/ondemand
iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch)
Microsoft Xbox 360
Sony PlayStation 3
Windows 8
Sony internet-enabled TVs & Blu-ray players
LG internet-enabled TVs & Blu-ray players
Samsung internet-enabled TVs & Blu-ray players
Panasonic internet-enabled TVs
Hisense internet-enabled TVs
Humax set top boxes

Crunchy_NuT

Likes Bikes
anyone doubting Sagan's Green jersey plans this year would be eating the humble pie today...I was quite impressed with what Cannondale went through - found myself getting nervous at the end when Sagan was blocked for the sprint after all they had done, if he had missed the sprint finish he would have been robbed

Last edited:

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Yeh very well played cannondale, definitely deserved the win.

Can't wait for the first decent mountain stage tonight. Cadel, Froome, Contador, Schleck and hopefully Porte should make for some very interesting TV. Mountain finish should see a few attacks from the boys!

Pastavore

Eats Squid
anyone doubting Sagan's Green jersey plans this year would be eating the humble pie today...I was quite impressed with what Cannondale went through - found myself getting nervous at the end when Sagan was blocked for the sprint after all they had done, if he had missed the sprint finish he would have been robbed
Nom, nom, nom, this pie is delicious!

But there's still a long way to go.

wilddemon

Likes Dirt
Nom, nom, nom, this pie is delicious!

But there's still a long way to go.
Pie needlessly eaten. Surely you mean to say you doubt his ability to hold green til the end, and not his plans?

Really interesting to see 2 nights ago, Cav seemed to not be arsed in the final sprint when he realised he wouldn't be winning. Perhaps he couldn't be effed stepping onto the podium for less than gold and fell to fourth? Or just because he had a buster earlier? All the sprinters seem to have had their struggles but Sagan is still fighting, reckon he will keep the green.

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
anyone doubting Sagan's Green jersey plans this year would be eating the humble pie today.
Not sure that was about the green jersey, he was looking quite comfortable in that competition, last night was about getting a stage win.

Crunchy_NuT

Likes Bikes
good point -- in all honesty the post was not about any words around here, just everywhere you look prior to the start of the tour was about cavendish, with sagan and a tribe of other sprinters rounding out the numbers for the jersey -- Sagan, in my eyes, being able to get over a hill and take intermediate sprints along the way has a big advantage in the 'game'

certainly looking forward to tonight's stage, surely it's going to be the GC boys starting to sort themselves out