Rear brake problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrLazy

Likes Bikes
Hey guys,

I currently have a Giant Alias 2010 model with a Shimano 'BL-M486' rear brake (from what i can see). I managed to have a bit of a stack over the weekend which was big enough to knock the handlebars out of alignment (where the stem joins with the headset). It may have also bent the rear rim, but i have a slight feeling that it was bent before i crashed.

The crash must have landed on the rear lever/master cylinder as it knocked it a little bit out of alignment with the handlebar, so undo the bolt and move it to where it was before, easy enough. But. Ive lost almost all feeling in the rear brake and the lever retracts almost completely to the handlebars now. The rear brake still works, it is just very very soft now. I just had the bike serviced where they adjusted and replaced all the fluids in the brakes.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

indica

Serial flasher
Sounds like the brake may need another bleed - ie some air may have been introduced into the system.
Does it improve if you pump - pull the lever multiple times in succession - the lever?

MrLazy

Likes Bikes
Sounds like the brake may need another bleed - ie some air may have been introduced into the system.
Does it improve if you pump - pull the lever multiple times in succession - the lever?
Bleed worked really well, hopefully take it out tomorrow to make sure. Thanks :)

What's up with that lever pump business? Why does it happen?

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
Am I missing something Indica? Is this a rolling in joke? Or does this result of anal sex need to take his own advice.

redbruce

Eats Squid
Maybe isn't good enough. I want a definitive answer you stupid bastard
Pumping applies pressure that (temporarily) changes the partition co-efficient between the gas and liquid phases, ie. increases the amount of air dissolved in the liquid phase (think lemonade bottle when lid opened - but in reverse) which firms the lever feel (ie it is a diagnostic activity).

That aside, why are so many of your posts angry, asinine, disrespectful and useless drivel.

The only cock I ate was your mothers. Is that why they got divorced? Or was it because you're a failure of a child?

Jump off a cliff and die you f*cking wanker
eat a dick you grumpy old hag
What the fuck is your problem? Got your period you little bitch?
Step away from the computer.
Hate getting chlamydia
Overpriced, just like the rates your mum charges for blow job

Hmm.....

What bothers me more than the immaturity of people my own age, is the immaturity of people twice my age.
Hate the fact I can't seem to get my mother to stop drinking and smoking herself to an early grave. Or to stop swearing constantly and acting like a typical XXXX smashing bogan. meh, her life to live!
Don't look in the mirror. At this stage you might not like what you see.

However, ultimately the choice is yours.

My parents were married at the time you cock eating waste of space.
Just a cheap and unnecessary goad.

Last edited:
Man dont take us to seriously. Indica, moorey and all of us other funny bastards are just humouring ourselves. Take it easy mate, but thanks for the definitive answer.

tc

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Man dont take us to seriously. Indica, moorey and all of us other funny bastards are just humouring ourselves. Take it easy mate, but thanks for the definitive answer.

tc
Maybe you should move it to your own pointless thread. Some people's posts are funny, yours above aren't, just offensive to people who don't want to read that kind of shite.

moorey

call me Mia

tc
There's something to be said for 'form'. Yep, I'm a certified arse clown, but have been for 10 years on here, and i also contribute a lot of genuine help and advice (Indica in the same boat). The last time I tried to help you, without knowing who you are or knowing your form, you acted like an unappreciative dick. I suspected then, as now, that you are an existing member with a second account, which is just gutless and lame.
Btw, nothing you have ever said has offended or upset me, I just think you're a full on fool, but I can live with that.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
To the rest of you, zero fucks are given.
Obviously you're a short person with a whole lot of bottled anger. We get some twats on this site but you've made a good impact so far and fot that you've not only won the first banning of the week but also best dickhead of winter in 2013!

If any of you feel the need to vent some anger at this tool then PM me and I'll send you his email address.

Status
Not open for further replies.