Training For Enduro Racing?

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Now that there are so many variations of racing styles from XCE to Megavalanche

I wonder what people are doing to be fit as Jarod Graves, All mountain/enduro/trail racing is a totally different concept to race / train for.

I come from a 8 /12 /24hr racing background and had a year off that style of riding and have lost alot of my core, which I can feel especially when climbing.

Usually my routine would be something like this.

Monday: Catch bus to and from work: At home walk along the 5km soft sand walk on beach, stretch, drink wine, watch breaking bad / dexter

Tuesday: XC smash on local trail before work 37km - 25km fast ride ride home.

Wednesday: 20km XC ride to work - 20km home just a nice cruise

Thursday: Trail ride with the boys or 40km XC stress ride. - 25km cruise home

Friday: 15km Cruise with a work buddy - 25km ride home

Sat: Jumps at OXford Falls: drink beer

Sunday: Trail maintenence or Trail ride with the boys 40km: drink beer

Just wondering I should take another day off the bike to do some core strength / light weights type of work

stretches here: http://www.bikeradar.com/fitness/article/eight-stretching-exercises-for-cyclists-26074/

Last edited:

Likes Bikes
do the commuting with a little human on the back - my 3yo weighs about 20kg and commuting with her on the back really gets the core strength up

indica

Serial flasher
Training to ride trails?
What the fucking fuck would you want to do that for?
The only reason to be as fit as JarEd Graves would be if you are him and you need to keep up with yourself.

Fuck me, go ride for fun.

0psi

Eats Squid
Are you sure you want the answer Dr Eggs?

Lots of road riding and crit racing with a bit of DH thrown in.

Jona

Squid
Enduro Training

Now that there are so many variations of racing styles from XCE to Megavalanche

I wonder what people are doing to be fit as Jarod Graves, All mountain/enduro/trail racing is a totally different concept to race / train for.

I come from a 8 /12 /24hr racing background and had a year off that style of riding and have lost alot of my core, which I can feel especially when climbing.

Usually my routine would be something like this.

Monday: Catch bus to and from work: At home walk along the 5km soft sand walk on beach, stretch, drink wine, watch breaking bad / dexter

Tuesday: XC smash on local trail before work 37km - 25km fast ride ride home.

Wednesday: 20km XC ride to work - 20km home just a nice cruise

Thursday: Trail ride with the boys or 40km XC stress ride. - 25km cruise home

Friday: 15km Cruise with a work buddy - 25km ride home

Sat: Jumps at OXford Falls: drink beer

Sunday: Trail maintenence or Trail ride with the boys 40km: drink beer

Just wondering I should take another day off the bike to do some core strength / light weights type of work

stretches here: http://www.bikeradar.com/fitness/article/eight-stretching-exercises-for-cyclists-26074/

I want to do more enduro specific training and Im hoping this thread can help :)

It sounds like you are riding quiet a lot. It also sounds like you have answered your own question with your core situation. Maybe swap out a xc with a core gym session or some interval training?

I moved to whistler a month and a half ago, And since then I have been riding a mix of trail/xc (10km-20km) and hours of DH in the park. But with no real plans. Just doing one or two rides everyday (with the odd hangover/rest day). Since arriving here my eating has improved, I've lost a few kg's, And I feel more comfortable on the trails. But I want to step it up.

My goal is to drop weight for the next 6 months ready for next season :) I want to step my trail rides up into the 20+kms, Start going to the gym once or twice a week and keep doing full runs on the mountain. All while (trying to) eat clean. ;)

Im currently looking to make a strict training/eating plan and would also appreciate any tips or links to help myself and others out.. :)

Cheers

clockworked

Like an orange
I want to do more enduro specific training and Im hoping this thread can help :)

It sounds like you are riding quiet a lot. It also sounds like you have answered your own question with your core situation. Maybe swap out a xc with a core gym session or some interval training?

I moved to whistler a month and a half ago, And since then I have been riding a mix of trail/xc (10km-20km) and hours of DH in the park. But with no real plans. Just doing one or two rides everyday (with the odd hangover/rest day). Since arriving here my eating has improved, I've lost a few kg's, And I feel more comfortable on the trails. But I want to step it up.

My goal is to drop weight for the next 6 months ready for next season :) I want to step my trail rides up into the 20+kms, Start going to the gym once or twice a week and keep doing full runs on the mountain. All while (trying to) eat clean. ;)

Im currently looking to make a strict training/eating plan and would also appreciate any tips or links to help myself and others out.. :)

Cheers
whistler and clean eating? you should check out my mate Travis' business - http://www.cavemangrocer.com/

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Training to ride trails?
What the fucking fuck would you want to do that for?
The only reason to be as fit as JarEd Graves would be if you are him and you need to keep up with yourself.

Fuck me, go ride for fun.
Hahhaha, pretty much exactly what I thought when I saw the title. Think Dreggsy needs to change it to Training to race Enduro...

Training to trail ride is wrong on every level :)