You yangs cressy descent track 13

downhiller96

Likes Dirt
He guys I have just found out that Cressy has undergone a massive change do you guys have any info? I think its go bigger and better jumps. If you have been tell us how it was and if you have a video even better

Nautonier

Eats Squid
The new and improved rock garden is awesome, as is the next section that follows - apart from the big jump, which needs 6 - 8" shaved off the top of the transition. People could really f**k themselves up on that...

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Any thoughts from others on the changes to Cressy? While some of the features have gotten bigger to justify it's black diamond (DH track) status, I'd wager that most people (like myself) ride it on little bikes because it's quite pedally, so features like the big jumps are pretty challenging. It will certainly make things interesting in the race.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
will do a chesty there tomorrow to show you all. i will be on the big bike though. so not much pedaling

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Road it yesterday, it's great. The jumps are all easy but good fun! The only modification I didntlike was just as you get into the big traverse at the bottom, it drops away right before the first jump of three, and they've put in 2 big rocks that you need to ride between. I nearly killed myself as i drifted through that turn, could've been really nasty... I'm not sure why they're there, someone will hurt themselves badly.
So look out for it!

^dave

Likes Bikes
Road it yesterday, it's great. The jumps are all easy but good fun! The only modification I didntlike was just as you get into the big traverse at the bottom, it drops away right before the first jump of three, and they've put in 2 big rocks that you need to ride between. I nearly killed myself as i drifted through that turn, could've been really nasty... I'm not sure why they're there, someone will hurt themselves badly.
So look out for it!
Yeah, first time I went through there after the changes I smashed my left pedal on that rock at high speed and almost went OTB. Also a little disappointed they bermed up that off-camber left hander afterwards, used to be so fun drifting around that.

chamboy

Likes Bikes
The new jumps they've put in are pretty average. In bad spots where you don't have much speed.
They should make all the jumps tables, more like a-line in Whistler. I know it'll never be anything like that, but more fun anyway.
Big berms and loads of tables, that's the way to go.

Nerdbox

Likes Dirt
Yeah, first time I went through there after the changes I smashed my left pedal on that rock at high speed and almost went OTB. Also a little disappointed they bermed up that off-camber left hander afterwards, used to be so fun drifting around that.
Same....large rock on inside of the old off camber section...

Reckon it will catch a heap of people used to hugging the inside line

teK--

Eats Squid
me three, clipped the big it with my pedal and nearly went over the bars. it prob didn't help due to really hot weather on Sunday my Tyre and shock pressures swollen heaps. readjusted pressures and second run kept an eye out for the new rock :)

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
I like what the have done. New rock garden with the drops is awesome.

New jumps are cool, but I would have prefered table tops given how much pedalling there is on cressy.

I don't hit many jumps often because to carry enough pace to hit them I would be pedalling like mad.

At least with table tops you can still enjoy them at slower speeds and not die if it goes wrong.

In related news, there is one rock I am not a fan off on that trail.

Search "cressy premature end" on YouTube. Things were mostly going great until about 3.:30.

teK--

Eats Squid
I like what the have done. New rock garden with the drops is awesome.

New jumps are cool, but I would have prefered table tops given how much pedalling there is on cressy.

I don't hit many jumps often because to carry enough pace to hit them I would be pedalling like mad.

At least with table tops you can still enjoy them at slower speeds and not die if it goes wrong.

In related news, there is one rock I am not a fan off on that trail.

Search "cressy premature end" on YouTube. Things were mostly going great until about 3.:30.
Yep that's the rock!

hungrytiger

Likes Dirt
Looks like it has been put there to stop people cutting that corner, but perhaps slightly too hazardous given the entry speed and lack of vision until you are right on it.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Hope that bloke on the 29er who face planted made it home safely, he was excellent at facial bleeding - although he got off very lucky/lightly.

After changing some of the features on the track there should really be signage at every new spot - really obvious signage, that bloke didn't know the track had changed from when he was last there and got caught out.

On a side note I am really struggling on a DH to maintain enough speed to actually clear some of the jumps, should have taken the AM bike on sunday.

Also ended up with a broken finger from a 5km gumby crash... wife was not impressed :yell:. Wonder if my $5 day licence covers that.

jjperko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I used to be much quicker on my DJ hardtail than on my DH bike down it. Have the new sections made it more DH friendly or will a hardtail still be the go for the race?

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
I'd be leaning towards the hardtail, as far as i can tell nothing has changed before the main or second rock garden and the second rock garden is smoother and faster than it has been previously. Beyond that just half a dozen new jumps some new berms, just as the same as last time it doesn't get fast or have any real steepness until a few turns past the rock garden.

s.dogg

Likes Dirt
All of the new jumps were fine/fun. something to work up to if you aren't confident.
The only reason you needed to pedal a bit into them was due to the strong head wind. On a low wind day they will be fine.
Never even noticed "the rock". As with every trail in the world, you should do first run at casual speed incase things have changed, trees down etc.
I say good work youies trail crew!!

ringburner

Likes Bikes
Agree

All of the new jumps were fine/fun. something to work up to if you aren't confident.
The only reason you needed to pedal a bit into them was due to the strong head wind. On a low wind day they will be fine.
Never even noticed "the rock". As with every trail in the world, you should do first run at casual speed incase things have changed, trees down etc.
Yeah I would have to agree, never noticed 'that rock' before - hmmm, guess what I will be focussing on next time down Cressy's...

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This......