29er weight weenie slander thread aka the big travel 29er thread

crim 87

Likes Dirt
hey guys im trying to get a rough idea of how much weight i would drop if i added carbon bars and stem and also a set of wheels and ran them tubeless on a 2014 specialized enduro comp 29er i only ask cause i have no idea at all. if anyone has a rough idea that would be ace cheers

creaky

XMAS Plumper
hey guys im trying to get a rough idea of how much weight i would drop if i added carbon bars and stem and also a set of wheels and ran them tubeless on a 2014 specialized enduro comp 29er i only ask cause i have no idea at all. if anyone has a rough idea that would be ace cheers
Half a gijingatobble

But seriously, we'd need to know how much the existing stuff weighs. I reckon if you spend a grand focuses on losing weight you could save 750g depending how much your current wheels weigh.

Don't waste money on a carbon stem.

crim 87

Likes Dirt
Half a gijingatobble

But seriously, we'd need to know how much the existing stuff weighs. I reckon if you spend a grand focuses on losing weight you could save 750g depending how much your current wheels weigh.

Don't waste money on a carbon stem.
ha ha thanks man i think they are just the stock roval (alloy) 29er all mountain wheels and from what ive had a look at i dont think the weight u drop is worth the money carbon wheels are damn expensive

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
This Nicolai Helius has been modified for 130mm rear travel and has a Fox 34 (140mm) bolted to it.

p1060514low.jpg

p1060511low.jpg

Now if you'll excuse me I need to be alone for a while...

goatman

Likes Dirt
Avanti now do two 29ers, the Coppermine is their new long travel 29er. I got to ride one a few months ago and it absolutely hammered! Really dialed bike for the money.
They changed the name from the Vapour to the Coppermine for 2013 and changed the spec slightly. The longer forks and better wheels/tyres turn it into a real weapon.

floody

Wheel size expert
That intense is sweet.

Avanti now do two 29ers, the Coppermine is their new long travel 29er. I got to ride one a few months ago and it absolutely hammered! Really dialed bike for the money.

Yesss?

Coppermine...has had some changes since this pic (racing ralph on the back, stans flow EX rims, Zee rear derailleur/SLX shifter, dropped from 34->32 ring etc), needs a dropper. I'd like to see if there is a spacer in the forks because a little more travel would be nice until I can get a 34.

Low angle makes seat look low and bars high, its pretty normal in fact, I don't have the legs of a hobbit.

Last edited:

Hools

Likes Dirt
Heavy Metal

Large Niner RIP9, Fox 34 TALAS 140, XT brakes and drivetrain, KS Lev and Easton Havens. Don't know what it weighs, but it's not light.

Attachments

Hugor

Likes Dirt
Lovely RIP9 there. They are such sweet bikes. Mine weighed 13kgs though I had a 120 fork. Certainly rode a lot lighter than that though.

Hools

Likes Dirt
Lovely RIP9 there. They are such sweet bikes. Mine weighed 13kgs though I had a 120 fork. Certainly rode a lot lighter than that though.
Cheers Hugor. I'm pretty happy with it. 13 kgs doesn't seem too heavy to me. I'd be surprised if mine was that light though.

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tic, tic, tic.
Why does it always seem that ordering bikes is such a LOOOOONG wait.
I hate having boxes of stuff sitting around that I cant do anything with because I am waiting on a frame to bolt them onto.

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tic, tic, tic.
Why does it always seem that ordering bikes is such a LOOOOONG wait.
I hate having boxes of stuff sitting around that I cant do anything with because I am waiting on a frame to bolt them onto.
Feel your pain Sumgy, I have a road frame sitting here and a heap of bits coming from wiggle... Of course I chose the "free post" option because it only took 3 days last time; this time wiggle sent it via post on me so have to wait even longer (maybe this should be in the fuckwit thread).

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is that squiggly lines of single track l can see in the background? If so looks pretty sweet
Certainly is. Burn had just been through. About 1/20th of what is on the hill at Douglas Mountain Bike Reserve :)

Here is some more before the burn :)

Attachments

Last edited:

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Those trails look sweeeeet!
You can't see the 35 degrees and 90% humidity ...

I travel to the Ville a few times a year for work but only for 1-2 day trips. Will have to stop being lazy and organise a ride at some stage (during winter for a soft Brisbanite). Any shops hire good bikes, or should I bring one ?

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You can't see the 35 degrees and 90% humidity ...

I travel to the Ville a few times a year for work but only for 1-2 day trips. Will have to stop being lazy and organise a ride at some stage (during winter for a soft Brisbanite). Any shops hire good bikes, or should I bring one ?
Slight exaggeration on your behalf, but yes it does get hot in summer. Bring your lights next time, it's fine when the suns gone :)

BNG Sports hire bikes. Not sure exactly but have seen Merida Big9's and Pivot Mach4's on the trails??