Post your all mountain bike

Michae1

Likes Dirt
Updated pics of my 2012 Remedy 9, had it just over 12 months, in the last 2 months I've added the following.

Flow EX rims on Hope Pro2 Evo hubs
Stealth Reverb
Fizik Gobi Seat

And a couple of wanky name stickers, just cos I can (had to order new stickers for the rims, so got these for the extra $15 it cost.)

Love the reverb, can't believe it took me so long to get one!

MIB_7042-small.jpg
MIB_7058-small.jpg

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Updated pics of my 2012 Remedy 9, had it just over 12 months, in the last 2 months I've added the following.

Flow EX rims on Hope Pro2 Evo hubs
Stealth Reverb
Fizik Gobi Seat

And a couple of wanky name stickers, just cos I can (had to order new stickers for the rims, so got these for the extra $15 it cost.)

Love the reverb, can't believe it took me so long to get one!
should have asked, i'm sure i could have pieced the stans stickers back together after i violently ripped them off. :p

You WANTED the stans stickers??

Each to their own.......
:hug:

Michae1

Likes Dirt
Nothing wanky about the name stickers dude, why shouldnt you run them, they look the ducks nuts.

got a link to where you ordered them from ??
Ordered from Slik Graphics

I like em, just taking the piss, me and a mate ordered them after we both decided to replace the rim stickers, $106 AUD for 2 sets of rim stickers and 2 lots of name decals including postage, took about a week to arrive, they do replacement stickers for frames, forks, wheels plus custom stuff.

should have asked, i'm sure i could have pieced the stans stickers back together after i violently ripped them off. :p
Haha they woulda looked mint!

Wheels are going well by the way, gotta love that hope hub noise!

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Hahaha god I love morphine...

Mate, something like 1300 posts, probably 1200 of which are 10x more likely to promote a banning than that glib little poke.

FYI I think his wacky sticker looks good, heaps better than the ones ChopSticks got. However I do agree with the following comments on the Stan's, if he was getting custom names done, should have got custom rim ones made. Hell he could have the Hope ones from my Hoops. If I ever get motivated to remove the poxy Stan's ones, I'll never keep enough motivation to apply the hopes. If you want 'em mick, pm me, they're green.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
I can see some custom ENVE stickers getting done.... to go on my chinese carbon rims........ :eyebrows::eyebrows:

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Alright, my Shimano drivetrain took another step forward in my "Shit I just don't like" book,

I have SLX shifters and XT Shadow+ Derailleur, first little, little gripe is, I don't like the shifters not having any indication of what gear you're in. I've used SRAM up until now (the only reason I'm on Shimano is because it's what came on the bike). After riding a handful of the same trails over and over again, I know what gear I want to be in for which section, now with this stuff I have to look down at the cassette past my fat ass legs to see what gear I'm in, taking a lot longer than simply looking at a Shifter, but that's petty stuff.

But on a related note, I was rolling around today shifting gears back and forth after washing the bike, and the shifters endlessly shift, it didn't realise it was already in first and neither did I (refer to ^) so I up-shifted again and it fucking threw the chain into the wheel.... almost breaking multiple things. I'm not sure if this is because the gears aren't tuned properly and it was just thinking on the shifter that it wasn't in 1, but on the cassette it was?

Either way, I think it just needs time to all fall into place, I'm hoping that happens sooner rather than later.

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
Your bike is obviously not set up correctly. The shifters should not endlessly shift and if the limit adjusters have been set right your chain should NEVER go into the wheel. This is not a Shimano thing but a bike setup issue.
I took the gear displays off my Shimano shifters as they are pointless. Change gears according to your pedalling. Your legs can tell what gear you need to be in.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Alright, my Shimano drivetrain took another step forward in my "Shit I just don't like" book,

I have SLX shifters and XT Shadow+ Derailleur, first little, little gripe is, I don't like the shifters not having any indication of what gear you're in. I've used SRAM up until now (the only reason I'm on Shimano is because it's what came on the bike). After riding a handful of the same trails over and over again, I know what gear I want to be in for which section, now with this stuff I have to look down at the cassette past my fat ass legs to see what gear I'm in, taking a lot longer than simply looking at a Shifter, but that's petty stuff.

But on a related note, I was rolling around today shifting gears back and forth after washing the bike, and the shifters endlessly shift, it didn't realise it was already in first and neither did I (refer to ^) so I up-shifted again and it fucking threw the chain into the wheel.... almost breaking multiple things. I'm not sure if this is because the gears aren't tuned properly and it was just thinking on the shifter that it wasn't in 1, but on the cassette it was?

Either way, I think it just needs time to all fall into place, I'm hoping that happens sooner rather than later.
if it's a new bike, take it back to where you bought it?
presumably the gears may not have been set correct and the cable has stretched enough to cause issues.

also, do you really need a gear indicator? you should be able to feel if you want to go up or down a gear purely through the pedals. set up properly you're not going to be able to over shift if you feel you need another gear but there isnt one there.

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, they set it up right in front of me, then said after 5-6 rides take it back in once the gears start to play up. But it's happening a little bit pre-maturely.

Each to there own, but I like looking at the gear display, also to see if the shifter and derailleur are talking to one another properly.

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
Yeah, they set it up right in front of me, then said after 5-6 rides take it back in once the gears start to play up. But it's happening a little bit pre-maturely.

Each to there own, but I like looking at the gear display, also to see if the shifter and derailleur are talking to one another properly.
It's a setup issue. Take it back.

Also if you keep watching your gear indicator, you're going otb. No two ways about it. Learn to shift through feel and you will become a faster, more aware rider

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Also if you keep watching your gear indicator, you're going otb. No two ways about it.
Garenteed, coming from a road background, 20 odd years ago, I watched the trail about a foot in front of my front tyre. Took a few unexpected trips north, but I eventually learned to ride looking as far up the trail I can see.

Jeffgre_6163

Likes Dirt

+1 on forgetting about the gear indicators - learn to select gears by the way your legs feel, look ahead and pre-empt gear selection, if a climb is coming up change down! if a decent is coming up change up, Do you drive your car looking at the gear stick if its a manual, I certainly hope not, you listen to the engine - similar thing on a bike but learn to feel what your cadence and legs are doing
I also totally agree on the gear issues you are suffering are set up related and nothing what so ever to do with the brand on the castings. Do your self a favour and spend some time learning how to adjust the shifting yourself or be prepared to cough up at the LBS every single time it needs a tweek -
Quite frankly I think it is idiotic when some one spends thousands on a bike but will not spend 15 minutes learning how to look after it.

I am not saying you are an idiot by any means but seriously do yourself a favour and learn