Headset Bearings on Rumblefish

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mate, it's listed on the spec sheet you linked to.
That was helpful....

Or you could have done this...
FSA NO.57, E2, ACB sealed bearings

Sorry not sure where to source them. Have you checked with your LBS?? Usually a bearing place is a good spot to get them cheap, but you usually need something for them to match it to.

Alo661

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry not sure where to source them. Have you checked with your LBS?? Usually a bearing place is a good spot to get them cheap, but you usually need something for them to match it to.
Have to agree, take your original bearings to a bearing shop and they'll more than likely have them. Cheaper than buying a whole new headset or waiting a week from LBS.

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical

Attachments

kiwiinmelb

Likes Dirt
Hi , thanks for your help,

I could see 'FSA NO.57, E2, ACB sealed bearings 'on the specs, but it meant little to me , and couldnt find much on websites resembling that,

Had the bike in for a service, and they told me i would need new ones very soon , I asked how much ,

He said vaguely about $150 ,would you like us to order them in ? I said ill get back to you on that .

I thought , without knowing exactly, that sounded over the top for a set of bearings , so would have a look into it .

ride_29er

Likes Dirt
Possibly try and engineering shop? alternatively if you are in the Sydney area it might be worth a trip to Riverston, there is a place that sells bearings in all shapes and sizes and will more than likely have what your looking for. The LBS here doesnt stock any bearings, they just refer customers to these guys as you'll pick it up cheaper and they are more likely to have it in stock.
http://www.yellowpages.com.au/find/bearings-bushings/riverstone-nsw
They are the first one on the list.

Hope that helps :)

Ivan

Eats Squid
He said vaguely about $150 ,would you like us to order them in ? I said ill get back to you on that .

I visited three bike shops a few months ago looking for a headset bearing, as I needed one straight away to replace a siezed one.

Two shops told me I would need to buy an entirely new headset, as they don't sell the bearings on their own, whilst the last shop looked through their new stock and what was left in the spare parts drawer for a replacement but without any luck (thumbs up to Avantiplus in Wollongong for the effort!).

So I ended up cleaning and re-lubing the seized bearing to get me through the next couple of weeks of riding whilst I ordered the $13 replacement off of eBay.

$150 to fix a $20 problem is a bit rich.