Commencal Meta AM 3

aanon

Likes Dirt
Give a man (or boy) a paint brush and it don't make him Picasso.
The bike will do what you ask of it, if you know what you are doing.
If you don't know what you are doing it will still do it, just sketchier and slower.

Jacob.R

Likes Bikes
Give a man (or boy) a paint brush and it don't make him Picasso.
The bike will do what you ask of it, if you know what you are doing.
If you don't know what you are doing it will still do it, just sketchier and slower.
THANKYOU, plus I do know what I am doing, I mean just because I'm young doesn't mean I'm shit.

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It was my frame that Willsy has hanging in his garage. Of all the bikes I've ever owned it definitely rode the best. Pedalled great and smashed trails happily as a pig in mid.
I, personally, did have a few niggles. I didn't like the BB hardware on the frame. Potentially if I had built it up with custom specification I wouldn't hit any issues, but the stock set-up was crap. At least on the 2012 AM3. If you're riding aggressively on the crap stock set-up, prepare to have a bad time.

Also, your initial thread post was, succinctly, quite shit. Use some more description in your post. What information do you require? Why? Context?
Its pretty laughable that Knuckles nailed your age. I got a kick.

oriion

Likes Dirt
THANKYOU, plus I do know what I am doing, I mean just because I'm young doesn't mean I'm shit.
No, you aren't shit, but you should stop being so defensive and emotional, 2 things the internet will eat you alive on.

That's a free consultation for today, you're welcome.

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
read the review of the AM1 in AMB from a few issues back, same frame with lower end spec
good all rounder but as the man says, depends on who's riding it, what your terrain is like, what your group of riders is on, etc, etc

romy

Likes Dirt
I have what was originally a 2012 meta am 3 (Same frame as the 2013 as far as I know) but have done a bunch of upgrades. Pretty great all round bike, climbs well, descends well blah blah. Ridden Hornsby OMV, Kentlyn rock trail and DH, Stromlo trails and DH, Loftus RNP, Manly Dam on it since I have had it. Point is, it ate them all up with the only thing holding it back being my skill. Great bike.

Only negative is the slight rattle from internal cable routing but it's a small price to pay for the clean look IMHO.

Only other negative is it makes me want the 2014 650b frame even more, that's another story.

It's in the "post pics of your all mountain bike" thread. Page "223"

Get one...

Last edited:

Wombatone

Likes Dirt
Got and AM1 three weeks ago and the frame rocks. Looks even better close up.
Still getting used to it but so far it gets better with every ride.
Internal cabeling is great , makes cleaning the frame a lot easier.
Great frame but Commencal saved a bit on the rest , wheels and hubs are Commencal branded and are very average.Rear hub on the AM1 exploded in the first outing at the You Yangs.
(which is now being replaced under warranty).
That being the case would I still buy it again? sure would I love it.

If I would be you I would skip the AM3 and go for the AM2 instead as it is only 300 bucks more which is probably worth it.
Down the track get yourself a good set of AM wheels and you are set for a few years of fun.
(Also remember if you go via CRC customs will sting you 13% so you can probably get same price here in AUS)

Last edited:

Tazzy

Likes Bikes
Love my meta am if that counts . Mine is set up a bit more for the going down side of things however still climbs if I sit in the saddle , the rear linkage really helps pushing out of turns/berms but can be a bit bobish I if that's a word on the pedaling